It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Manhattan Abduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
One of the most fascinating and unexplainable cases of Alien Abduction is the Linda Cortile Napolitano case. Multiple witnesses seen it happen, took place just across from the brooklyn bridge in Manhattan. Even UN official Javier Perez de Cuellar was a witness. Several cars on the bridge lost power as well. People actually thought it was a movie being filmed. Sleep paralysis or Old Hag syndrome? I don't think so... this lends credence to the Abduction Phenomena. I would love to hear an explanation for this one. A well crafted hoax? That would be a tough one to pull off lol.

www.ufocasebook.com...

An extremely compelling and controversial case of alien abduction is that of Linda Napolitano, (originally aliased as Cortile) which was researched by the well-known and respected Budd Hopkins. Napolitano claimed that she was abducted by the so-called "greys," who floated her from a closed bedroom window into a hovering UFO. The craft was waiting for her above a Manhattan apartment building at about 3:00 A.M. November 30, 1989. Linda's experience, though intriguing, was hampered at first by memory loss. She could recall only bits and pieces of the abduction. She could remember vividly the actual kidnapping and the room where she was examined, but the transportation process itself was totally lost to her. Further details of the case would be forthcoming via the passage of time, other witness statements, and through regressive hypnosis.

Hopkins, as to be expected, has been ridiculed by many of his peers, but has been steadfast in searching out the consistent, underlying themes that run through alien abduction cases. Napolitano's case is remarkable and unique in itself, although following the general abduction pattern on some points. More than a year after Cortile's experience, Hopkins received mail correspondence from two witnesses, (known as Richard and Dan) who claimed to have actually seen the abduction.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/404567ba028a.jpg[/atsimg]

Linda's own words:

"I'm standing up on nothing. And they take me out all the way up, way above the building. Ooh, I hope I don't fall. The UFO opens up almost like a clam and then I'm inside," said 41 year old (at the time) Linda.

"I see benches similar to regular benches. And they're bringing me down a hallway. Doors open like sliding doors. Inside are all these lights and buttons and a big long table."

"I don't want to get up on that table. They get me on the table anyway. They start saying things to me and I'm yelling. I can still yell. One of them says something that sounds like [Nobbyegg]. I think they were trying to tell me to be quiet because he put his hand over my mouth."

The high-level of security clearance and professionalism required for the two bodyguards' positions would be no help in dealing with what they had seen. What they witnessed that night would become a curse to them, having a deep impact on their lives for years to come.

They would become irrational and psychotic, and one of them would become to think of Linda as having some unusual, extraordinary power or influence on others. He began to stalk her. Did he somehow blame Linda for his emotional behavior and fear? Or would his involvement be a threat to his livelihood?

The actions of the two bodyguards, whom would later be revealed as CIA agents, presented a strange, enigma to Hopkins. On April 29, 1991 they kidnapped Linda, bundled her into their car in broad daylight and quizzed her for three hours. Dan became increasingly upset with Linda as she repeated stated that she had no idea why it (the abduction) had happened. Linda would be kidnapped a second time by the men who tried to pry information from her, thinking she had a part in the alien abduction herself, which brought them into the case involuntarily.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19ecdbc137b4.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 11-9-2010 by theMegaladon because: (no reason given)

MOD EDIT: Removed excess copy and paste. Please read: Posting work written by others. Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 15% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL.

edit on September 11th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Here is a link with some cool info about that case,and about those who witnessed it.

www.tricksterbook.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by theMegaladon

Hiya Meg, I like this case for fairly abstract reasons. Bud Hopkins was quick to take it at face value and barely investigated the claims or applied critical thinking.

The witness (plant) on the bridge claimed to to see a light so bright it was blinding...in the middle of Manhattan. If such a a scene was in a movie, how many people would buy it? Is it likely that a craft with bright spotlights could be hovering next to an apartment building and not be noticed?

The way Hopkins claimed it as a 'best evidence' case for human abductions, is actually reassuring. It undermines the whole idea of he abduction phenomena as a real, physical event. If the details of the case are how he imagines events to occur, it's clear he's talking out of his ass. Given the scale of abductions he and Jacobs like to suggest, we could look out of any window in New York and see brightly lit craft outside of buildings and bodies being floated in or out of them. The fact that we don't highlights Hopkins' will to believe and underscores how little objectivity he has.

I believe the case is a hoax perpetrated by Linda Cortile and embraced by Hopkins because it fitted his perceptions of the alien abduction phenomena (aap) The witness on the bridge exists only via a letter. The two police officers exist only via Linda's testimony and letters to Hopkins. The UN official's (who has a motorcade!) claims to have seen the event exist only in a letter to Hopkins.

I'm not a fan of aap, but find it intriguing. Specifically, the loose group of researchers are very interesting. Much like the Exopolitics group have come together and shaped each others general outlook on 'peace n love' aliens waiting to be invited down...the aap guys are similarly self-perpetuating.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

The whole experience can be easily explained by Dr. Rick Strassman's groundbreaking Dimethyltryptamine research.

Go and research the field of work, it can pretty much explain

done and done

edit on 11/9/10 by King Loki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I've never seen a lot of information on this abduction case. This is pretty good. I've edited my post, this seems to be debunked, as purely a sci fi bed time story.

edit on 11-9-2010 by game over man because: Debunked

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt
Here is a link with some cool info about that case,and about those who witnessed it.

www.tricksterbook.com...

That link is very informative a good read. I have a better idea of the case now. This case always made me wonder as well as some inconsistencies with it. Why no witnesses in the documentary to collaborate with her? Why just a letter ? There is mostly just hearsay from Hopkins however i have much respect for him none the less. I have always enjoyed his work but seems even some of the old guys are too stubborn to put more scrutiny in cases. As if he may insult the abductee or supposed witnesses. To be fair i will not rule out a government agent interference in the case still or that it is a hoax quite yet. That is an obscure site who knows i really would call the article hearsay but it raises many valid points in question. But i would expect more witnesses as well to at least come forward in such a busy part of the city. All though it took place at 3:00 AM the city never sleeps. The case is fishy there is no denying that. Either Bud dropped the ball or he may have got involved in something like a hoax and was fooled, perhaps his beliefs blinded him from critical thinking the whole time

Undecided

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This is such an interesting case, i think it's for real, the splendor of the sighting, rules out hoax, it would take a lot of work to rig them up to a harness and float to a prop ufo.

But a few queries.

Why didn't the military get involved? A unidentified craft hovering in a busy american city should of had fighter jets scrambling.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I too am undecided when it comes to this case.I have read some very believable accounts of alien abductions right here from members on ATS,so I do believe.

Is this case all fantasy or fact,who knows?The similarities between this case and the book "Nighteyes" does not help,but it could be a coincidence.

Undecided also.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I've lived in the City and I find it extremely hard to believe something like this would have happened without anyone seeing. I've walked around the area where this supposed abduction took place and anyone driving across the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges that night would have had a clear view of any supposed spacecraft or person floating in the air. I think this was a hoax perpetuated on Budd Hopkins.

top topics

join