It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answer me this !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Nephi1337,

The notion of heaven and hell only comes into play when you loose your mental grip over them. I have kids, and I love them (3 boys 7, 4 and 2) but I have no illusion that one they will "make up their own mind" and reevaluate those values that I have given them.

The fear of a permanent "father" looking and judging over their life assures that they will remain on the path consistent with the norms and value of our society.

My humble opinion....

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Hi,

Firstly, the Biblical God of the Old Testament does not seem to be the same God Jeshua spoke about. And when studying Sumerian Tablet translations made in the 1970's (Not Sitchin's) of what became the first books of the Torah and thus Genesis in modern Bibles, it convinces me this perception may be closer to a reality.

My understanding is that the oldest God from the Hebrew who came out of Sumer, was an Anunnaki, an non-human being and was Egotistical, Bloodthirsty, Hate-filled, demanding of Worship from Humans and a generall all round Bad Guy.

The opposite can be said of the God of Jeshua. He spoke in terms of a Loving, more "Spiritual" type of God instead of a physical being.

And that last one seems to align more with the New-Age Industry's concept of a Spiritual God.

In which case, God does not give a Hoot about anything we do.

Why?

Because we do not give a Hoot what one sub-atomic particle inside the Nucleus of a skin cell on your right arm is doing. And that is what we are in the "body" of this Spiritual God.

I use the word God for conversation sake, but it is easily replaced with Universe, Bubbleverse, Energetic Awareness, George or Martha. The name isn't important really.

And so I do not agree that a God, like the one most people Believe in, would punish tiny portions of itself for any reason.

Sorry if this makes no sense.

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
The fear of a permanent "father" looking and judging over their life assures that they will remain on the path consistent with the norms and value of our society.

And thus we find the real problem.. Indoctrination from birth to fit the Mold.

The cultural norms are indoctrinated into us and modelled by every facet of our culture in order to make everyone fit into a specific range of accepted behaviours and Beliefs.

They make is Good Little Replicants, and not the great being we can be here on this earth.

I taught my daughter no such Limitations. Yes she struggled a bit seeing what others do, but now reaching 16 she can see through it all for herself.. the Indoctrination did not take and so The Dream is seen for what it is.. a fake, mand-devised means to have all people comply within Limitations to Experience and driven home with Belief Attachments.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Tayesin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
How could you comfort your child suffering by allowing his murderous brother to live happily?
But not allowing retribution you made irrational purpose of right or wrong. What's the meaning of right or wrong if one can hurt others without guilt? I'm not referring to those who turn to you and beg for forgiveness. I'm talking about the one ignorant son who knows. Still how does your forgiveness is justified in the eye of those who suffered? Your concern of bringing family closer together is useless if every single person in your family is destroyed by the act of ignorant caused by this single rebel child who you so adore and inconveniently keep happily.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

if what you say happens to be true ..may i ask you then ..would you rather be locked in a room for with people that beive in god and life after death and have hope ,or would you rather be locked in a room with people who go by the law do what thow wilt ?

i guess what i am trying to say is ,what if we were never bread to believe in a god , could you imagin how this world would have turnd out? look at it now ,how many people have now faith ? and look at the times ...so it has taken this long for god to slowly fade away and look at what this world is turning into .....but who knows honestly cause alot of people have died in his name ....

many thanks

Nephi

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EasternShadow
How could you comfort your child suffering by allowing his murderous brother to live happily?
But not allowing retribution you made irrational purpose of right or wrong. What's the meaning of right or wrong if one can hurt others without guilt? I'm not referring to those who turn to you and beg for forgiveness. I'm talking about the one ignorant son who knows. Still how does your forgiveness is justified in the eye of those who suffered? Your concern of bringing family closer together is useless if every single person in your family is destroyed by the act of ignorant caused by this single rebel child who you so adore and inconveniently keep happily.

why i would i let that happen ? why would i not move my family away untill he learnd ? and why would my murderus son be happy? ...would it hurt him more to tell him i still love him after he has taken everything from me ? or would it hurt him more to tell him i hate him after he has taken everything from me ?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I teach Sunday School...have done it for some time...wow, actually about 20 or so years.

This question comes up periodically and here is my answer to "Why would God send someone to Hell, if He really loves them?"

God doesn't send people/souls to Hell...He actually tries to keep you from going to Hell.....

Hell is like a 4 lane highway with semi trucks running up and down it at 65 mph. A family has a house just off of the 4 lane highway, and the father tells his children...stay away from the highway...do NOT go to the highway.

Here are my rules concerning the road, if you break them...you will die. I do not want you to die, I will do almost anything for you and to you, to keep you away from the road and certain death. I would even die for you to keep you from the highway and death.

So, sure as cowstuff, the children go out in the yard and start playing...and start getting to close to the road. The father comes out and angrily chides them..."Get away from the road, do it again..and I will spank you."

Again, the father sees the children drifting closer and closer to the road, he comes out and punishes each one with a spanking. Did he do it to abuse or hurt them? NO...but to make them realize how serious he is and how dangerous the road is and that the consequences would be bad...

So, as time goes by, the children go back to the yard to play...at first remembering their father's stern warning and the punishment, but as people and children tend to do...they drift back to the excitment of the road....oh the noise, the whoosh of trucks flying by...the adrenaline rush from toying with danger...one gets too close and at the last minute the father jumps out and pushes the child back and saves him...but the father dies.

Friends....this is what God does for us on a daily basis...He doesn't want us to go to hell...He is trying to warn us that if we stray too far from Him...we get caught up in the world and then we won't get to be with Him in Heaven...that is the true Hell. He even died for us in the form of Jesus...to save us. Because He does love you.

Only you can send you to Hell...God is trying to keep you from going.

I hope this helps someone with this question...... by the way, GOD DOES LOVE YOU

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
One problem is reasoning about God's actions towards his creatures by analogy with your dealings with your children. He's got a different agenda from yours.

When you begat your children, among your goals or expectations was that they would eventually become your equal. Maybe they would even turn out better than you, but at least your equal, someday to take your place in the ongoing saga of your clan, tribe, or nation.

God isn't looking for equals. Maybe he is unconsciously, which is a whole 'nother thread, but consciously, he is peer-hostile. That is, after all, what he complains about in Genesis 3, that his creatures have become his equals.

God's reaction to the situation does not seem to inspire confidence that his love reliably translates into any kind of security for the objects of his mercurial affection. He sexually tortures the woman, and then kills them both.

Tough love.

When the Christians introduced their signature villain, Satan the Bad, they showed great understanding of the peer-hostility issue. Satan's unforgivable crime was nothing other than to claim parity with his creator. Which crime, according to the story, is punished exactly as you expect you won't be punished: eternal confinement to Hell.

You think Daddy loves you better than his former shing star?

OK, then, fair enough.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I teach Sunday School...have done it for some time...wow, actually about 20 or so years.

This question comes up periodically and here is my answer to "Why would God send someone to Hell, if He really loves them?"

God doesn't send people/souls to Hell...He actually tries to keep you from going to Hell.....

Hell is like a 4 lane highway with semi trucks running up and down it at 65 mph. A family has a house just off of the 4 lane highway, and the father tells his children...stay away from the highway...do NOT go to the highway.

Here are my rules concerning the road, if you break them...you will die. I do not want you to die, I will do almost anything for you and to you, to keep you away from the road and certain death. I would even die for you to keep you from the highway and death.

So, sure as cowstuff, the children go out in the yard and start playing...and start getting to close to the road. The father comes out and angrily chides them..."Get away from the road, do it again..and I will spank you."

Again, the father sees the children drifting closer and closer to the road, he comes out and punishes each one with a spanking. Did he do it to abuse or hurt them? NO...but to make them realize how serious he is and how dangerous the road is and that the consequences would be bad...

So, as time goes by, the children go back to the yard to play...at first remembering their father's stern warning and the punishment, but as people and children tend to do...they drift back to the excitment of the road....oh the noise, the whoosh of trucks flying by...the adrenaline rush from toying with danger...one gets too close and at the last minute the father jumps out and pushes the child back and saves him...but the father dies.

Friends....this is what God does for us on a daily basis...He doesn't want us to go to hell...He is trying to warn us that if we stray too far from Him...we get caught up in the world and then we won't get to be with Him in Heaven...that is the true Hell. He even died for us in the form of Jesus...to save us. Because He does love you.

Only you can send you to Hell...God is trying to keep you from going.

I hope this helps someone with this question...... by the way, GOD DOES LOVE YOU

my i ask you then ,if god is the supreme creater of all ,then why would he allow a hell to exsit ? why would he test us ? why are we here ? and it a fine line to walk to get into heaven ..yes your right god does love mean and every one els ,he loves me so much that he would not send me to hell ,or even let me find find hell by mistake ,now does that not sound like an all loving god? wouldnt you rather god be this way then sit their and think on your death bead weather or not you pleased him enough to make it into heaven ? ...i mean no offance but does god not say their are harsh punishments for people who preach and teach the wrong words ? .....

the truth is is that we rely on faith and a book to decide and dictate our everyday decisions in life ...

why not keep it simple and say god loves me no matter what and all i have to do is love every one els around me and be the best as a man that i can be ,dont lie dont steel dont kill ...just love thats all

but i know you will tell me thats not possible ....but why?

edit on 11-9-2010 by Nephi1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Nephi1337, I absolutely agree. A couple of situations exist here that have perpetuated this this notion of a loving god casting his children into an eternal hell. One of them is the fact that humanity has been lied to and some of the most damaging lies have come directly from the Bible itself, which has been used to keep us always living in fear of being thrown into hell if we screw up,

Also, we only have a limited understanding of God because our minds are not programmed to think outside the realm of what we cannot experience through one of our physical senses.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

But it is possible...you've got it...you are right. It's all about love...

Even Jesus said it...Love thy neighbor as you love your own self.

Love...be the best you can be...that's all. For if you love someone and be the best man or woman you can be...then you won't lie, you won't steal, you won't kill....and so on.

Judging from what you and some others say, I feel that some "christians" have mislead you to believe that Christianity is some heirachal, contorted, and complex faith.... it isn't.

If you want Christianity in a nutshell...read the words of Christ in the new Testament in Matthew 5-6-7...the Sermon on the Mount. here we learn of love, giving, forgiving, peace, humility, bearing other's burdens, faith-hop-love.

The Bible is more than just a rule book, it is mainly a history of a people and their discovery of god and a history and geneology of Jesus....and a history of the founding of the christian Church.

Man...organized religion...denominations have distorted, twisted, and muddied the Christian faith and the Bible until many don't want to associate with the organized churches..myself included. That is why I won't be active at the church I had been attending.

Now my mission is much more personal and deliberate and public. I will be taking God's word by other venues...including here when the opportunity presents itself.... not obnoxiuosly, but as a "fisher of men" as prescribed by Christ.

Peace and Love Brother, that's what it's all about.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

thank you so very much for your understanding , and i also agree with your words

many thanks

Love Nephi

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Oops...missed the question toward the end...

Yes, there are harsh punishments for people that misrepresent His word...in fact, all the more harsh for those representing themselves as "messengers of God"...aka preachers, evangelists, priests, etc.

Because they mislead others....they distort and confuse and lie...and cause people like you and me and others here to either follow a false church and belief or run and follow nothing.

I told you to read the Sermon on the Mount to see Christianity in a nutshell...even there, Jesus warns that not everyone that calls his name will be saved or get salvation...they were "religious" but they did not know God...they knew of Jesus, but never really talked to Him....

Kinda like the nice old man that lives down the street, with the nice yard...he's always working in it...and everytime you ride by you wave and he waves back....but do we really know him? That's how so many church goers treat Jesus.

One day, they won't have the chance to wave anymore.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

But it is possible...you've got it...you are right. It's all about love...

Even Jesus said it...Love thy neighbor as you love your own self.

Love...be the best you can be...that's all. For if you love someone and be the best man or woman you can be...then you won't lie, you won't steal, you won't kill....and so on.

Judging from what you and some others say, I feel that some "christians" have mislead you to believe that Christianity is some heirachal, contorted, and complex faith.... it isn't.

If you want Christianity in a nutshell...read the words of Christ in the new Testament in Matthew 5-6-7...the Sermon on the Mount. here we learn of love, giving, forgiving, peace, humility, bearing other's burdens, faith-hop-love.

The Bible is more than just a rule book, it is mainly a history of a people and their discovery of god and a history and geneology of Jesus....and a history of the founding of the christian Church.

Man...organized religion...denominations have distorted, twisted, and muddied the Christian faith and the Bible until many don't want to associate with the organized churches..myself included. That is why I won't be active at the church I had been attending.

Now my mission is much more personal and deliberate and public. I will be taking God's word by other venues...including here when the opportunity presents itself.... not obnoxiuosly, but as a "fisher of men" as prescribed by Christ.

Peace and Love Brother, that's what it's all about.

your right its about love and peace ,but my brother how can you ask me to read from a book that is not fully the word of our christ? how can you ask me to read a book whos writers picked and choose the words of christ? i feel that if i stay without claiming of any religion ,and live life the best that i can ,and love all and then would then how could my all loving god cast me into hell?

for i have seen better men with no faith ,then men whos life was devoted to faith .....

many thanks

Love

Nephi

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

No. It would not hurt him as your incompetence to uphold justice and your blind love is merely an evidence to confirm him that nothing is wrong and that he is free. He can do anything he wants and there is nothing you can do about it. Not only that, Your once faithful child who is been antagonized will see how incompetence of you to uphold justice thus he see there's no longer to trust everything you have taught.

The problem with our perspective is you only look through the window of guilty rebellious child while I put myself in the shoes of victimized one. You have no sense of justice. Your incapability to teach the effect of wrong is disturbing. You made your children blind to the pain because for you everything is perfectly happy and can be accepted. But when your child suffer you refuse to acknowledge with deem action. You destroy the trust on right by forgiving wrong. There are things that can be forgiven. There are things require retribution. I don't deny that. But total forgiveness is wrong. Your belief that children/human reasoning alone is strong enough to fix the wrong. But you forget, it our same reasoning also to seek pleasure, to be able to free from any control and to seek whatever we want. Unless you can show any civilization in this world that prosper without law and order, then I can not rely 100% with your reasoning. There too much cost to stake. Especially when it regard with someone's life.

Gautama Buddha was once a wealthy prince but somehow he decided to live as poor commoner to seek the understanding why human suffer. Perhaps you should study why human suffer more than trying to solve criminal mind with your forgiveness.

edit on 11-9-2010 by EasternShadow because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Did it take you this long to figure this out Nephi ...

There is no Hell but the one we make for ourselves, .... our souls are never in jeopardy, it doesnt matter what you believe or wether you believe, all roads lead to rome. The end is never in question.

We are all parts of the system recognized as God. There is no line between us.

Seek and Ye shall Find, csmf

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

In other words, that's God using fear mongering to keep us in line when, according to the Bible, he says we should fear nothing

edit on 11-9-2010 by NightGypsy because: take out quote

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Did it take you this long to figure this out Nephi ...

There is no Hell but the one we make for ourselves, .... our souls are never in jeopardy, it doesnt matter what you believe or wether you believe, all roads lead to rome. The end is never in question.

We are all parts of the system recognized as God. There is no line between us.

Seek and Ye shall Find, csmf

the wise words of a true god !!!!!!!!!! csmf lmfao

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

some people have their brain so damaged that they need to to follow an organized religion, they just cant process information like more evolved beings, thats the truth

And some people are so corrupted by thinking they are so evolved they've forgotten what faith is all about. And even when they remember, they fear it - thus calling it only useful for the simpleminded.

Do I know why God did what He did?

No.

Am I such an egoist that I would question God?

LOL, no.

peace

edit on 11-9-2010 by silo13 because: type o

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Quite the opposite...Jesus said we are free from the law through Him..Jesus. Why? because we then become love. If we love, then we won't sin...laws are for those with no internal direction or moral sense.

There is no fear involved.....

For instance... God tells me that I shouldn't cheat on my wife for fear of going to hell...adultury...in the 10 commandments.

Love tells me not to cheat on my wife because I Love her and I would not want to break the trust and love that we have.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Quite the opposite...Jesus said we are free from the law through Him..Jesus. Why? because we then become love. If we love, then we won't sin...laws are for those with no internal direction or moral sense.

There is no fear involved.....

For instance... God tells me that I shouldn't cheat on my wife for fear of going to hell...adultury...in the 10 commandments.

Love tells me not to cheat on my wife because I Love her and I would not want to break the trust and love that we have.

another one that understands the true meaning of love ...thank you so must for your perfect words

Love Nephi

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join