It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Martian Anomaly

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

I have seen several photos of dust devils, both from the Rovers and from HiRISE.

There's even an animation with three dust devils crossing the rover's field of view.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I love this crap we a can make rocks move. Whats not to love about ATS.
I will use my other hand to dazzle you.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
every single image here has already appeared on these forums at least twice...and each time with a different explanation. I believe one was a martian, the other was a man, and now we have animated rocks.

Come on people. This kind of non sense is the reason that people laugh when someone says "I believe in Aliens"

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ignorance.
ATS is about provoking ignorance. You have this one chance and all you have is this.
All I can say is take your life and run. Run with all you know as truth.
Rocks created with images on some drone on another planet twisted to a fancy will do. maybe.
Maybe not.
I enjoy the fact we have technology that allows me to witness such things not to be taken for granted.
Granted I give no less.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Beware the upcoming Hollywood blockbuster - "Rock Monsters from Mars". The surprise twist? They're not really monsters. Just rocks. But they can move. Woooooooh! The sad part is it'll probably be a box office hit.

Seriously though... they're just stupid rocks but there's an element of mystery that almost makes them interesting

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Maybe the rock did move due to some sort of phenomena, rocks have been known to move about seemingly all on their own here on earth, maybe a similar thing is happening on mars.

Sailing stones

edit on 11-9-2010 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by avocadoshag
I've just gotta throw my 2c into this...the difference between the 1st and 2nd pictures is (to me) obviously one of shifting perspective and a parallax shift. I looked at the whitish rock in the foreground to help determine the location of the Rover. Here's a comparison:

In the 2nd photo, the Rover has moved back and to the left of the original position. The "object" is now hidden behind another rock. I haven't found a decent reference point yet in the third photo, but I assume it's even further to the left and probably back more.

It also looks like the rover is at a higher elevation. The object is behind a mount and at the different elevations and angles; you get the "rock" appearing to move. None the less, this rock is very interestingly shaped. It looks like a turkey. I have seen rocks from Mars a handful of times, so I don’t know if there are other rocks like this, but that is why I find these pictures interesting. As I zoom on the rock through Microsoft paint, the different patterns of shades come to full view; it looks like it has a belly. I just saw that Jose guy’s documentary about turning the moons grey and white images into color renditions, so I think he should splash colors on these pics. This rock could actually be moving even a little bit, as if it was a creature, maybe reacting to the rover. 90% rock ; 10% creature that evolved on mars. NASA has to have more pics of this weird rock. If I controlled that rover, I would be like, "look at that weird alien rock, lets swing around it and get a sample".

edit on 11-9-2010 by scar7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
Maybe the rock did move due to some sort of phenomena, rocks have been known to move about seemingly all on their own here on earth, maybe a similar thing is happening on mars.

Sailing stones

edit on 11-9-2010 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

We can chase butterfly's or we can see truth.
How far will you go?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
8 pages and 55 flags, and the information provided was false, in terms that the rock wasn't moving. The only rocks I know of that can move, are the death valley rocks. Sailing Rocks

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This thread should have been closed right away!Maybe some people wanna celebrate the OP's comeback...which is very weak,indeed!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Clearly the differences are perspective...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This reminds me of the moving rocks in Death Valley's "RACETRACK PLAYA" area. I know, "Racetrack Playa" is a somewhat ridiculous name that reminds me of some kind of gangsta rap song title.

Check out these videos:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

It is possible that a small sheet of ice could have formed on Mars and caused the rock to move. EXCEPT: Spirit would have made note of temperatures, and ice would've been in the photos since this was happening in a matter of days. From the looks of the photos, no visible ice was present.

So, we have moving rocks on Earth, and we now have moving rocks on Mars. Still, I bet the skeptics, disinformation agents and debunkers would have a *field* day *stone-walling* this *rock-solid* *nugget* of evidence. I do, dearly, apologize for the cheesy puns, but you might miss them.

Maybe Mars and the Earth are more alike than we realize. Each has its mysteries, its beauties, its anomalies.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by scar7

scar7 what NASA does when it comes to the photos they will splice them like a grid l l l l l l l in this fashion in sections and overlay a veil on top of the original photo. The animals and anomalies are turned into rock formations by the program in place to disguise what you are really seeing. By the way Zorgon good to see you back your threads have been greatly missed. ^Y^

edit on 11-9-2010 by amari because: went to single space

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
reply to post by scar7

scar7 what NASA does when it comes to the photos they will splice them like a grid l l l l l l l in this fashion in sections and overlay a veil on top of the original photo. The animals and anomalies are turned into rock formations by the program in place to disguise what you are really seeing. By the way Zorgon good to see you back your threads have been greatly missed. ^Y^

edit on 11-9-2010 by amari because: went to single space

Good job!
Lets move on.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I looked at the debunking animations. I think that they actually prove the movement of the 'rock' in question.

In the second and third supplied animations a rock ledge(?) which is white and flat remains about the same size. The size of all the rocks are consistent in all four photos.
The distance between the light colored' ledge and the rock in question grows.

I do not understand how no movement would result in this change of distance.

Therefore in my opinion, the 'rock' has moved.

Please note that the Rover moved to the left. This should have decreased the apparent distance between the ledge and 'rock'.

edit on 12-9-2010 by largo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by akira131

Please consider looking at Rayleigh scattering.

en.wikipedia.org...

In summary blue skies are all there is when the sky is clear.
Next thing-NASA has lied about the colors of Mars since they were able to. This way they can shade the landscape to that nice dead orange to which so many are fond of.
Hoagland covered this in some depth in the Colors Of Mars.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by largo

Yes, Raleigh scattering produces blue skies when there is nothing else in the atmosphere but air. However, add some dust and the situation changes. Particles larger than air molecules do not produce Raleigh scattering.

Mars is a very, very dry place. There is a lot of very, very fine dust. That dust gets carried very, very high into the atmosphere by things like dust devils and global dust storms. It stays aloft for a long time. The skies of Mars would be blue on a dust free day but Mars does not see many, if any, of those. But so what? Who really cares what color the Martian sky is?

The Martian atmospheric dust particles are generally 3 µm in diameter.[16] It is important to note that while the atmosphere of Mars is thinner, Mars also has a lower gravitational acceleration, so the size of particles that will remain in suspension cannot be estimated with atmospheric thickness alone. Electrostatic and van der Waals forces acting among fine particles introduce additional complexities to calculations. Rigorous modeling of all relevant variables suggests that 3 µm diameter particles can remain in suspension indefinitely at most wind speeds, while particles as large as 20 µm diameter can enter suspension from rest at surface wind turbulence as low as 2 ms−1 or remain in suspension at 0.8 ms−1.[10]

en.wikipedia.org...

Mars has dusty red skies.

edit on 9/12/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Hey right_n_wrong

What's your picture? The alien/demonic face where did you get that? Please advice

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
But so what? Who really cares what color the Martian sky is?

1) Oh just about every conspiracy nut on the planet, that's all

2) YOU do, or you wouldn't work so hard telling us its red and dusty...

3) If its so dusty, how did NASA manage to get all those nice clear photos from space?

Nice try though

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by largo This way they can shade the landscape to that nice dead orange to which so many are fond of.

Yeah and have you seen the color they paint Venus? A bright LAVA ORANGE. Why? because they saw one old Russian image that was tainted yellow orange so they figured why not? Since the images are all supposedly Radar imgae they should have left them just black and white

Seems NASA doesn't want you planning vacations there any time soon

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join