It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Martian Anomaly

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

I wonder about that to, very convienient I might add..

no explanation from NASA, lets just accept this miracle of nature,

then carry on believing everything else NASA says as fact

Afterall, they know all.....

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Neither the lenses or the solar panels are "so clean". But they are clean enough.

The images from dusty lenses can be corrected.

The "injuries" sustained by the rovers during the dust storms is as yet undetermined. It appears that there is some dust on the lens of the microscopic imager on Spirit. That has slightly reduced image quality for that instrument, although image calibration can compensate for most of the contamination effects.

www.planetary.org...
Here's an example of how it can be done:
www.flickr.com...

So do you think that the rovers are a hoax?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Do you know how "auto levels" works? It doesn't have anything to do with color saturation. It adjust contrast levels. Any changes in color are nothing but artifacts introduced by the algorithm.

Oh I see! So if you turn the contrast up in an image with a red sky, the sky becomes blue?

No! It becomes yellow!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, NASA cant explain how the rovers were suddenly cleaned, so why would you try?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

True, they do use "blue screens" in movie special effects for a reason..

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Neither the lenses or the solar panels are "so clean". But they are clean enough.
Here's an example of how it can be done:
www.flickr.com...

So do you think that the rovers are a hoax?

I never thought that the roves are a hoax, but now you did mention that, and see how NASA is able to correct images taken due a dusty lens as shown in your link at such a impressive way, I immediately thought how easy it must be then to do use the same techniques by making necessary "corrections" the other way around.

Not that I think that NASA would ever do that of course.

montage of closeup image corrected for dusty lens. Taken by Spirit Aug 20, 2007 ( sol 1290)

www.flickr.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
its not a moving "rock" it just the rovers movement. Everybody should be able to see that even without the gif's and illustrations. You can tell the "moving object" is a little further behind the other rocks therefore its a depth perception issue not an alien one.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The one thing I found most convincing is the video of a shadow moving above/over(hence shadow) the mars rover. no link just google it.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

(Phage), I never thought that the rovers are a hoax, but now you did mention that, and see how NASA is able to correct images taken due a dusty lens as shown in your link at such a impressive way, I immediately thought how easy it must be then to do use the same techniques by making necessary "corrections" the other way around.

I'm sure these guys must've cleaned the Rover's lenses.....

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I did some research on clip one myself.
And when I was analyzing that picture with the on going story that says this thing's moving.
I thought what kind of thing can almost perfectly blind in this landscape. And what creature here on earth could easily adapt on the mars atmosphere.

First I thought to see some kind of octopus in this picture. from the early ages in perspective of having lots of water on mars these days.
That the squid adapted the dry lands?. But then the most assumable animal I thought to be was a chameleon like lizard. That could crawling this lands.?

edit on 11/15/2009 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Great view, But wouldn't that put all the stones in another perspective?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Now next time perhaps you will put more thought into your outbursts

Sorry if I offended you.
But maybe, just maybe we should be a little more worried about what's going on here at home (earth) and not so much about what rocks are doing millions of miles away on other planets.
Sure these topics are fun and can provide entertainment but seriously, is there anything you can do other than speculate?
The time for those answers has not come yet.
And if we do not get our world in order first then that time may never come.
It is ok to be curious but often people get obsessed with this kind of stuff and lose sight of the trouble we as a world are in. It is nice to escape for a little while but don't stay too long or things could be a lot different when you get back.
That's what most of these things are made for..... to distract people and get their minds off of the current state of affairs we are in.
Like I said, the time for the answers this thread asks has not come yet.
We might not have the answers in our life time.
But to me one thing is for sure. If we as a world do not start focusing on the problems we have, on this little blue planet, the time for those answers will never come because we will not have the time to mature enough to find them.
When you get done on the Moon and Mars we could really use your help here on Earth, thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Ever thought that free- time investigating solar bodies - could be a hobby no crime attached. And that the outcome one day. Could save mankind in its self destructive nature? Like maybe on mars once happened?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Ever thought that free- time investigating solar bodies - could be a hobby no crime attached. And that the outcome one day. Could save mankind in its self destructive nature? Like maybe on mars once happened?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Oh I see! So if you turn the contrast up in an image with a red sky, the sky becomes blue?

No! It becomes yellow!

That's what happens if you do that globally, but if you change the light levels (that change the brightness, contrast and gamma) for the individual channels you can turn a reddish photo into a "normal" looking photo, or you can do the opposite.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
OrionHunterX,

I liked that picture made me chuckle, thanks.

Phage and Armap,

I know Mars has Dirt devil's but I wonder why the Rovers always look so clean when you get a small glimpse of them. Dirt devils I don't believe is our answer and I would like to know. I think after all this time they wouldn't look so good that's all.

I know I have a hard time going by what we are told and shown. We might gets truth's but I don't think we get the full truth's. It like my kids or Grandkids telling me what I want to hear knowing they won't get in trouble unless caught in the little white fib-er-oo

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Yet Another Martian Anomaly

And an exceptional anomaly at that!

After observing the differences in lens perspective and lighting, the rock in question has clearly done some amazing things. I mean, it is one thing for it to move, it's quite another for it to do a disappearing/reappearing act as well.

Of course, even if it is accepted as a genuine curiosity by the skeptiods, it will certainly still be denied as anything more.

Great find.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I forgot that I have a program (Algorimancer) that uses the camera's characteristics and the known distance between the left and right cameras to make some calculations.

One of the reasons these photos create an illusion is that some of the rocks are at four different distances, so any movement of the camera creates changes in all the relative positions.

These are the distances Algorimancer gave me for the marked spots.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/f20d179b3631a7de.jpg[/atsimg]

Algorimancer is free and can be downloaded from here.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This thread is retarded mods please close it asap

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
cool

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

edit on 12-9-2010 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join