It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Income Tax and Federal Reserve, foundation for war-based economy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
16th US Amendment
Revenue Acti(Income Tax)
Federal Reserve Act
World War 1

16th Amendment to the United States Constitution was finished on February 3, 1913 and the Revenue Act passed on October 3, 1913.

The Federal Reserve Act occurred on December 23, 1913.

World War One started on July 28, 1914.

Could it just be a coincidence that the largest collection of revenue in our nation’s history along with a 15% reduction on tariffs occurred just 1 year or less than the start of World War 1? The government was never legally permitted such extensive rights as to actually require people pay the government any of their income before(not to my recollection anyway) then in 1913 they finally passed it.

Could the culmination of an Income Tax and a Federal Reserve bank have been the foundation for a war based economy? Where there government will forever have mass funds to provide the military to do anything it wants on a massive budget never before thought of in American History.

This could all be just a coincidence… or maybe not.

edit on 9/10/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
No replies yet? I was hoping someone could weigh in.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think a lot of anarchists, libertarians and historians have stated that without the IRS, Fed Reserve, etc there would be no chance for the government to go to war. How would they pay for it?

As a libertarian, I KNOW FOR A FACT, that the income tax is not only unlawful, unConstitutional, but is also immoral.

We have the right to property. The right to one's life. If our very labor is not our property or our life, what is? Sorry, do not like being a 50-75% slave.

I have seen many debates on this component. The argument always goes back to the collectivists saying all these things we have in society, would not have been possible without the personal income taxation. BULL.

Without it, the government could not be so massive and rights infringing. That is about it.

One other thing to consider. NOT ONE DIME of personal income taxation goes to the government coffers. They go DIRECTLY to the banksters for interest payments. Hmmmm, something to consider.

S&F for the OP.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

There's no coincidence at all concerning these events you addressed in your post.

I thought this was common knowledge.

I thought most of the dots had long been connected.

Just saying.............

But, yeah, it is good to bring these topics up again. ATS is not a stagnant pool. There's a constant influx of people who are just beginning to question things.

It's like, a first grade teacher shouldn't stop teaching 1 + 1 is 2. There's always some new student who knows not about the subject.

Yeah, though, just don't go back to the early years of the 20th century to find the troubles, and say, this is where it started. It all started long ago. I doubt anyone can pinpoint the place and time that the U.S. and any other culture, regime, society, tribe or "evil" individual began control over others, Although I enjoy the tale or Cain and Able. Gawd set a tax upon the two, and one fell short of the expectations. And then a rivalry began for the favors of the Gawd..

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I think that this song is relevant to the discussion at hand. The lyrics are very fitting.

Corporate Avenger - War Is Good

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

That's a heavily political post.

Actually I support the Income Tax, but only as the last resort form of taxation. It seemed like all the Progressive Legislation that was being passed prior to 1913 had adequate revenue to pass it without an Income Tax.

Since the Income Tax was placed together with a 15% cut in Tariff tax in a single legislation the way I see it was that Wilson wanted to redirected the taxation away from his corporate buddies and onto the American people. I'm sure the bankers were giddy when this passed along with the Federal Reserve just a couple months later. Wilson was probably the Corporate and Bankers best friend.

new topics

top topics

join