It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Medal of Honor for a living Afghan war vet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
DES MOINES, Iowa — A 25-year-old soldier from Iowa who exposed himself to enemy gunfire to try to save two fellow soldiers will become the first living service member from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq to receive the Medal of Honor, the White House announced Friday.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Outstanding good news in a world of bad news

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Giunta is truly a hero for his actions during the ambush. But Obama is obviously using this situation for his own selfish political gain. A lot of good it will do him though. I think Americans can see through this facade and understand the political capital that awarding a Medal of Honor to a living soldier can generate.

I wonder what these Democrats are planning for the October Surprise? If they don't pull a rabbit out of their hats, and soon, they'll be jumping out of windows all over town. And my tax dollars will be wasted once again to pay for these jerks to be scraped off of the sidewalks.

When will it ever end?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
From source.

"He mentions every other soldier would have done the same thing. It kind of rocks his world that he's being awarded the Medal of Honor for something each and every one of them would have done. He's very aware of that."

I congratulate and am proud of what this young man did. He deserves the medal and I have to disagree with his quote above.

I wish it was true that every other soldier would have done the same, but IMHO and experience it is far from it. Sometimes combat has a way of freezing people while others go beyond the call of duty.

join