It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Responders Fight for Compensation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Saw this recent article on Fox news and thought to myself what are the odds? I stink at math myself but I have to say that these numbers are pretty alarming to me. Almost 900 responders have died since leaving the area. Exactly what the hell were these people dealing with to make this many people die in that short of a time span. If this has been posted before then mods delete it but to me it's new news as I have not heard of this before.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
No interest in this I guess?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It's been posted before.

Here's the problem. Prove it was just from 9-11 exposure. These are first responders to everything. They have literally tons of safety equipment, yet you see photo after photo with safety goggles protecting their forehead or above lip of their hard hats, not covering eyes. Respirators draped around their neck, not filtering the air they suck in. If they did this at the ground zero site, strong chance they did it everywhere else, also.

Now's, who's at fault. There is a reason it's called personal protection equipment and by OSHA and most State regulations, it is the employee's responsibility to use the equipment as proscribed. More importantly, the employee will have a signed paper trail on training and usage of safety equipment.

One picture of a guy without eye protection and respirator just hanging, fairly well kills his complaint about exposure.

There is also the case of who has deepest pockets. The 9-11 trust fund had billions for affected people. NYC, their employer, is virtually broke. Why not sue the city? Well, they did and got over $700,000,000 in tax dollars, but they want more. So much for the compensation aspect.

This isn't about compensation. It's about greed... Driven by union reps and lawyers.

join