It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bonfire of the Qurans By Pat Buchanan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This really surprises me.....Buchana is so far right, the right says he's out there, and yet he writes this. How in the hell can he justify Obama arresting Jones for something he hasn't even done , with no charges. He wants Obama to have Jones arrested until this uproar is over........ Hmmm, so we are going to arrest an American citizen, for exercising his first amendment rights.......as it may incite violenece by muslims. The very same muslims that threaten us on a daily basis, you know the kind in MYC who threaten us with bombings if they can't build or have to move their mosque. I guess if Jones would have mayb e threatened to kill muslims insteade he'd be o.k. and on a level playing field. Our country is broken, and all it took to finish off the constitution for many was a little preacher with 50 followers.

buchanan.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Pat has really been acting effeminate lately. It must be because of all those associates of his on MSNBC. I can't help but think that they have been systematically, well, you know....., sticking it to Pat over the years.

He's really been loosing it here lately. He has been reduced to essentially being an old woman whose opinions are to idiotic to even be considered. I Hope he doesn't turn into a bag lady and start pestering people walking by on the sidewalks for nickels and dimes. This could be the change that he's been hoping for from President Obama.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
*HE* needs to be arrested and COMMITTED for that article.

Man. That blew me away.

So we are at war, so we should put any American we don't agree with in jail or detention camps?
All rights should be suspended, or, if we can't do that, we should use our vague laws to jmprison anyone that disagrees?

MAN.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Just remember Pat worked for Nixon.....he isn't one to let a few minor "details" like laws get in the way.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Nevermind. I thought Pat was arguing against the burning of the Quoran.

I didn't get enough sleep.

edit on 10-9-2010 by The Sword because: Did not read the article all the way.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Did you read the article? Seems not only looney to me but illegal as well. Hmmm, so they not only can intimidate Obama, but they can make people want to further suspend American citizens rights......truely the end of our constitution if this happens.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
To me it just shows that the true aim of ppl in both parties is the
complete and total subversion of the constitution.

Over and over ppl from both parties do things that fly in the face
of the founding document of this nation.

There is a reason congressional approval rating is near 10% or lower.

If they house and the senate wanted the patriot act gone it would be.

The puppets in DC don't give a damn about the common man, and
when they say they do and act like they do that is all it is, an act.

They should be handing out oscars in DC because their actions make
it painfully clear they could give a damn about most of us.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Pat Buchanon: Proof that as US citizens, NONE of us have any rights what so ever. They're privileges...because as Pat here demonstrates... privileges can be taken away. Rights cannot.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well reading his rant, I think he brings up a lot of good points. Not saying I agree with them.

He states Obama should either do something about the pastor, or get us out of the wars.

Does the president have extraordinary powers during a war? Or is this when we should fight with all our might to retain every God given right bestowed upon us? I think the latter, not the former.

Our freedoms are what set us apart from other nations. It is not the speech that is flowery that we have to protect, it is the very speech that inflames that we have to protect.

So, just as an example, if we shutdown the pastor's rights to free speech, who is next. Who else is inciting anti big government or anti war rhetoric? Who next does the government take free speech away from?

Slippery slope and all that.

Of course to assemble we have to get a permit, so I think we are already on that slippery slope.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
if Obama does ANYTHING about this - he violates one of our governments most dear policies...."we don't negotiate with terrorists"

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
If Obama or any politician moves against that Pastor to prevent his freedom of speech, will cause a far greater backlash, that they are not prepared for at this time. The country is a smoldering embers, and every time someone does something that is contriversial to the country in idea and issue, it adds a bit of fuel to that fire. The very idea that to silence someone cause it might insult someone is a fundamental violation of the highest law of the country.
Pat Buchanan fails to realize one thing, we technically are not at war, as there was no declaration of war in the Congress of the United States, so the special war powers that the president can exercise can not be invoked. We are in an armed conflict, make no doubt. But the question that many people should ask themselves, is it not dangerous to being a combat zone? Will the soldiers have a greater risk that they already have right now?
And what ever happened to equal justice in the eyes of the law? Does the federal government not realize that the country is already a powder keg with all of the issues, is this the one where people grow silent and start taking matters into their own hands?
From the remarks that have been made, by people who should not have, has only driven a wedge more into the country at large, further infuriating the population. Most of the citizens of the country really do not care what religion their neighbor follows, but with this, it is liking drawing a line in the sand and asking for people to take one side or the other.
Right now, there is a good chance that some of the extremist groups that are in the US, that have remained silent, are starting to move and gather their strengths up, and if things continue on, we may see an insurrection or another civil war break out, where the people are moving to kill and persecute those who they would view as enemies of the country, and it will be very bad.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Someone in America will burn a quran tomorrow you can be sure of that.

We need to face the fact that the radical islamists have nothing short of pure hatred for anyone who doesn't profess their religion.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I find it amazing that we have American politicians advocating silenceing Americans, as well as denying them their constitutional rights, in fear of others. What I find even more amazing is that we have American citizens that think it's the right thing to do as well........I think we as a #ry truely are done with if this happens, guess we'll find out in a couple of hours.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by The Sword

......truely the end of our constitution if this happens.

It didn't end our constitution when it was done at times of war in the past. I believe protecting our troops is the task at hand and to threaten the safety of our troops is a crime and should be treated as such. Yes, he has every right to burn whatever book he wants to, but this man sounds like a cult leader and we all know where cults have led to in the end. Death by sucicide. I believe when one so boldly denounces a people and who is ignorant of what the consiquences would be in result to negative acts should lose his rights for a time and let him be judged by his peers. I don't agree with imprisonment, but house arrest could keep him in line. But, I am sure he has operatives who would do the dirty work for him. Basically, he should be admitted into an insane asylem to be observed. He sounds like a loon to me.

By Pres Obama not do anything he risks losing credibility. Detaining the loon leader would not be criminal.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by assasinforfather

Could you please explain how arresting him for exercising his rights is not a crime. Frankly, I see Obama sucking up to the muslims and then cowering before them as far more dangerous. When they can see him sacrifice Americans rights so as not to offend them, you can't tell me it doesn't further emblolden them. Also, several other pastors and churchs plan on doing the same thing....includinig Phelps, which he has done in the past, where is the outrage from the media and our government about them.....is this simply a game of sacrifice those we know we can walk over? Where is the outrage here in America at our government effectively being held hostage by these people? Give it a rest...he is not doing anything illegal, and for our government officials to act this way is attrocious......and BTW, we aren't at war, check it out, we never did declare wr, so that theory goes out the window as justification as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Buchanan = MSNBC.
That says it all.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Could you please explain how arresting him for exercising his rights is not a crime.

I never stated that the man should be in prison. I meerly stated he should be observed as possibly insane.

Frankly, I see Obama sucking up to the muslims and then cowering before them as far more dangerous.
Muslim and Sheira Law ( sorry about spelling) has been around waaaaaay before the constitution.

Him being muslim should have nothing to do with this mosque because all presidents I have voted for left religion for the states. As a government pres obama should know his limits. He speaks cautiously yet reveals his intentions between the lines.

When they can see him sacrifice Americans rights so as not to offend them, you can't tell me it doesn't further emblolden them.

You don't get it. Father has all things in control and all decisions made will work toward His Good!

Also, several other pastors and churchs plan on doing the same thing....includinig Phelps, which he has done in the past, where is the outrage from the media and our government about them.....is this simply a game of sacrifice those we know we can walk over? Where is the outrage here in America at our government effectively being held hostage by these people? Give it a rest...he is not doing anything illegal, and for our government officials to act this way is attrocious......and BTW, we aren't at war

Jesus warned of many false prophets in this very day. Increasing in intensity as a woman about to give birth. Lies increase also. We are to pray always that we never are led astray! Selah.

, check it out, we never did declare wr, so that theory goes out the window as justification as well.

Wa

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I agree, except more than one American president has already negotiated with terrorists. It happens often.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Could you please explain how arresting him for exercising his rights is not a crime.

I never stated that the man should be in prison. I meerly stated he should be observed as possibly insane. We have inaliable rights to ones self and even more responsibility to the well-being of others.

Muslim and Sheira Law ( sorry about spelling) has been around waaaaaay before the constitution.

Him being muslim should have nothing to do with this mosque because all presidents I have voted for left religion for the states. As a government pres obama should know his limits. He speaks cautiously yet reveals his intentions between the lines.

You don't get it. Father has all things in control and all decisions made will work toward His Good!

Jesus warned of many false prophets in this very day. Increasing in intensity as a woman about to give birth. Lies increase also. We are to pray always that we never are led astray! Selah.

War was declared 9/11/01. That is a fact. Every law abiding citizen was for the war. It is time that has changed the views.

We must never betray Israel. Yet, it is prophecied that ALL nations will come arrayed for battle against Isreal. This is when Jesus will intervene.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Quick question. Who's more insane, the man who exposed this whole thing without even striking a match, or our government for their less than honorable actions in all of this?

new topics

top topics

join