It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeology field research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ever wonder how they moved those stones to build the temples in South America? Well, it's not just a topic of speculation here on ATS -- in fact, a number of archaeological theories were put forth. Finally, a group of researchers and students decided that the best way to find out was to test some theories:

www.archaeology.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I am impressed that they succeeded. I wanted to laugh at the idea when I started reading. Now how did they do the 100+ ton stones?

I'm gonna do a little reading... I've heard a blurb or two about the possibility of lifting them with harmonics somehow, or something like that.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Here are some photos of various ancient locations in Peru for the Bible Code Website:

onealclan0.tripod.com...

www.onealclan.com

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I am impressed that they succeeded. I wanted to laugh at the idea when I started reading. Now how did they do the 100+ ton stones?

Not harmonics... simple muscle power and simple tools.

Yeah, I sort of raised my eyebrows over "they moved them in REED BOATS??" but the experiment was sound and the team proved it was possible. They've also proved it was possible for humans to move large blocks of stone with muscle power. Nobody has ever been able to budge stones using harmonics (and it's actually unlikely that they will -- you can certainly shatter a stone with harmonics, but no one has been able to levitate/move stones using harmonics (not even tiny pebbles.)

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Very interesting, will the boat stand the weight of the stone? it seems to be almost impossible.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
but no one has been able to levitate/move stones using harmonics (not even tiny pebbles.)

I know that it hasn't been demonstrated at any time in known history. I've just heard the theory, along with vague references to "egyptian stories" (I've learned my lesson about vague egyptian stories told on AM radio broadcasts).
I was just curious if anyone of importance in the scientific world was even slightly curious about the idea, or if it's pure sci-fi.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I went to the website above. It says Peru but covers Egyptians also. You might want to check that one out.

new topics

top topics

join