It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 means nothing to me

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

How is it inflammatory? Please do tell me.

Otherwise, it's a one-sided, judge-the-OP fest.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I don't care about 911 because atrocities and terrorism happens all around the world every day. Just because it didn't happen on a certain date doesn't make it any less terrible for those people.

Every day women and children are being beaten to death. everyday children and veterans on teh street are starving to death.

hate crimes and discrimination occur everywhere. lets start with female genital mutilation.

A million Iraqi's have died in teh Iraq war.

One word: Congo

One word: Sudan

Those are real terrors.

911 makes people lose sight of the fact that there are major problems, here and now. And lets not forget that people need us in the here and now.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It doesnt have to "mean" anything to you, but you damn sure better remember it, whether it was a false flag or otherwise, remembering will keep us vigilant and sharp. Remembering will make us stronger, and hopefully remembering will deter it from happening again....

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

I'd rather not remember it in the way a country singer remembers it or a right-wing politician remembers it.

That's a form of FEAR that they use to make sure that you sit your ass down and listen to the big, bad government.That's like the soldiers that tell you to have a "nice, hot cup of stfu".

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
***** ATTENTION *****

We're not discussing each other, Please be civil to one another.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
If it means nothing to you why post a thread about it?
I don't get it. Is the thousands that died on that day that mean nothing? or is it because you don't want to give the people who did this and want us to live in fear anything? could you please explain m8.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by saphic

Why not?

Do some members have a chip on their shoulders or something when it comes to discussing 9/11? Is it some kind of "holy" day to some?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

...I do not wish to "remember" 9/11 in any form.

This is all that needs to be quoted, for this is the most telling of all the words in the OP. Do remember this, if nothing else:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
~George Santayana

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

That quote doesn't quite work in this context because I'm not the one who perpetuated this event. How could I possibly repeat it?

And even so, how many more of our freedoms do we need to sacrifice just so that we can prevent such things?

In that case, I bring you this quote:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
— Benjamin Franklin

edit on 10-9-2010 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

My last post to you:

"If you pass his grave some day,
Can you imagine what he went through,
To save the stranger he never knew?"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c50c09be5bb7.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 10-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: Photo on 9/11

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Fair enough. I bring you this image to represent just some of the results of our actions post-9/11:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
With regards to US soldiers murdering civillians in afghanistan.
I don't like the way 9/11 is being used to preach hate against Islam. They're using it to support the war, for the greater good if you will, but it affects the locals at the same time here and abroad. Following are two images concerning 9.11 and Islam
"A pastor in Florida planning to burn the Quran on 9.11" -- that's the first image that comes to mind
"Barrack Hussein Obama" -- another powerful image from the front cover of The Times

What 9.11 means to me
To me 9/11 means that airport security needs to be heightened to prevent further attacks and to not inconvenience travellers. This was a view I had for a long time, and now I will add to that. There needs to be better communication between the whitehouse and airport officials.

"The whitehouse had enough information as to be aware of the the threats and chose the do nothing approach. Looking back on it, it was blindingly obvious" - This was revealed in assault on reason by Al Gore

What 9/11 really means -- For everyone it's unique and different.
CNN said that 9/11 was a tragic day, even though millions tuned in who would not have done so otherwise.
Sad day for the flag salesman even though he sold a record number of flags. Same goes for the florist, etc.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I say kudos for being honest and truthful. I completely agree with you. Giving up liberty for safety has put us in the position where we are right now. But in all honesty have we really gotten any safety since 9/11 or since the Patriot Act was passed. Our borders are more porous than ever before, our freedoms have been trampled on. I guess the nice thing is I don't see that the terrorist alert level being raised.

My question, and this is no diss on the military (I served in the Navy prior to the attacks), is did you military folk feel like you were making a positive difference when liberating Iraq from a leader that America put into power years ago. When you found out there were no WMD's, did you bring it up the chain of command that you were now part of an immoral war? Did you ask your leaders why you're still in Iraq when the 9/11 investigation found no ties between the terrorists and Iraq? To me, that is what having a clear conscious would be about. Knowing that I am doing something positive, and not just following orders. Again, to reiterate...this is not directed at any former or current service member. It is just a couple hypothetical questions that "we" should all ask ourselves when looking for justice in this cruel world.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

I bring you this image to represent just some of the results of our actions post-9/11:

Fair enough but i thought the war happend after 911
edited for misposting

edit on 10-9-2010 by saphic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Your type of entity is the problem.........no empathy.

There are three thousand souls that perished because of 911.

Take a moment and think, if you wife, husband, son, daughter, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew had not come home that day, how that would have affected you.

We are all interconnected..........what affects one of us, affects all of us.

This was murder, treason of the highest degree.

Yes it affected you, you just don't see the big picture and that is sad.

You sound like a service to self person, part of the "reptillian fraction".

911 and the ensuring war it instagated affect all of human kind.

Maybe you are not human.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
And your right i do have a chip on my shoulder about 911. a holly day? is that what you think was it like christmass for you?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
-As a former Marine w/2 combat tours in Iraq (been out 8 months now)
-As a volunteer Firefighter
-As a paid/volunteer EMT
-As a volunteer Asst Medical Officer in my local Emergency Management Agency

The OP is disgusting. One poster said "some people died."
Some? 3,000 innocent people is "some" to you?

I will not comment any further. If I did this post would surely be stricken from the records by a Mod...and I would probably be banned.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Just think about those people. You remember the people who jumped 90 stories? can you imagine how horrible that must be? Your only two choices are staying in the building and facing certain death, or jumping and hoping for a miracle... Just horrible.

edit on 10-9-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

Maybe when you get to be that high up they should issue parachutes..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join