It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kraft Philadelphia shootings 9/8/2010 ( My wife can relate)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
My wife has worked for Ralph's for the past 21 years. One week ago today she was suspended from her job.
Bakery Manager. Today she returned for the meeting that " Loss prevention " set the day she was suspended.
She has been terminated.

My wife can relate. Shooters sometimes can be driven and may not be the crazies the media makes them out to be.
I can assure everyone who reads this, that the reason they gave her for the termination, amounts to nothing.
It isn't the real reason. The real reason? Well lets see if someone can come up with it.I know exactly why
and though it wasn't even completely clear to my wife a week ago. I told her then she can expect to be terminated.
So she was prepared at least today. A week ago when this came down on her out of nowhere she was devastated. My wife had only one referrel the whole time she worked there. This occurred in the first year
she was employed by Ralphs. It's the only job she's ever had.
Any guesses as to why?
this is why companies need security these days when they didn't in the past. Because of the way they treat their employees now. They expect them to go off because anybody would.

edit on 10-9-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
There could be a lot of reasons. If this was indeed a bogus termination, (and this happens all the time) my first guesses would be that she either was at the top of the pay scale after being there so long, and they are trimming the payroll, or perhaps she was seen speaking to a union rep? (I don't know if Ralph's is union or not.)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

Yes Sorry, Ralphs is union.
They just screwed her out of her pension she would have had,. for what amounts to bisquets no gravy now.

edit on 10-9-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I hadn't thought of that. So few companies even have pensions anymore. I highly suggest getting legal advice on this one.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That's terrible.

Sue the bastards. Go to the union, get them to supply your wife with a legal rep and start the ball rolling.

If her firing was trumped up to get out of paying her what they owe her, she should fight tooth and nail..i would.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

I hadn't thought of that. So few companies even have pensions anymore. I highly suggest getting legal advice on this one.

Yeah I've already looked into it. Under California law there's nothing. My wife is still puzzled over how I knew what was going on. I told her about six months ago that this was going to happen. Do to it going on at another store with some other lady. I saw it coming and yet now, I'm the one who is livid. Go figure.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I wonder how long her shooting spree would have lasted if every worker in that factory was trained in handgun defense and armed? I doubt the lady would have even attempted this.

Sad story about this lady and the OP's wife getting fired after 21 years of dedicated service. That's robbery. But to kill people because you've been robbed/humiliated/devastated doesn't solve anything.

If you feel your life is over, then end your life, not other innocent people's lives.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

If you feel your life is over, then end your life, not other innocent people's lives.

Of course . It should go without saying that innocent people are just that. this morning as my wife left to go to
her termination. It was so odd to walk back in to the room and learn about the kraft shooting by an employee who had just gotten suspended. I knew for sure right then as if she had already come home and told me.
Just weird.

join