It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles - Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is, Skeptics

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mooradian

It is always the burden of the claimant to provide evidence and support for their viewpoint, no matter how seemingly obvious it may be. Though I am a skeptic, I ask you to provide evidence because I am a skeptic of all things that lack enough backing evidence.

The burden of proof for the crop circle phenomenon would be a direct observation of it occurring at the most rigorous or some way to entirely prove that the circle couldn't have been created by human hands.

Simply stating that it is too complex to have been created by humans would be a pointless way of going about things as you need to provide direct evidence for it.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by playswithmachines
Well, a good place to start is the elongated, and sometimes exploded 'nodes' at the base of the plants, this suggests the formation of steam in a very short time within the plant, as would be the case from using highly focused EM radiation, like Microwaves.This, coupled with an actual projected 'force' of some kind, would cause the plants to lay flat-and stay flat-as is the case here.

You know, that IS a god place to start.

where exactly did that particular piece of bunkum come from? It has been repeated quite a lot, but who is the person who sat down, evaluated the evidence, and came to the conclusion that the only way for elongated nodes to form on monocots like wheat is via excessive heating and highly focused EM radiation? Where is the research for such a bold claim?

This, coupled with secondary radiation, and a clear lack of human presence (footprints etc) AND cases of crop circles appearing within 1 hour, appears to me like real, solid evidence that these circles are NOT man-made.
Other evidence may be found in the content of the circles themselves, triple DNA? 4-D topography? Electron orbits? Not exactly the usual student prankster knoweledge is it?

Proof of above, please. Lack of human presence is pretty tough to prove either way, but "secondary radiation"? Data sets, please.

As far as what you consider "student prankster knowledge", having been a student prankster myself in my younger days, none of those things were beyond my grasp, and I went to a second rate school. Perhaps you went to a third rate school?

Maybe they are telling us how to get off this planet, but we are too thick to understand

A bit like showing a caveman a drawing of an internal combustion engine, i would think!

Or perhaps, given that they have a nice little cottage industry going, selling books, operating B&Bs, holding lectures, and offering chartered flights over the crop circle sites, which almost all seem to be in the same area, "they" are telling you how to make a few bucks over the summer months....

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
What should be done is; record ALL crop circles and put them in a data bank. While they may not seem to pose any threats to humanity, they still should be taken serious enough, that engineers, mathematicians, and others who deal with Metaphysics, would try to crack whatever messages these things may hold. Perhaps they are just nothing...but we shouldn't bet on it. Some seem far to complex to be nothing more than "scribbles in the crops".

Next, someone needs to come with a viable plan to record these things being made as it happens. It is always after the fact, that the land owner, or passer by spots them long after they have been accomplished.
Therefore I ask, why are they always done covertly? Why doesn't the "perp" intergalactic or otherwise, want the action of them being made witnessed or recorded in progress? Could there be a reason for it, other than someone or something pulling an elaborate Hoax?

When ever I see one the elaborated designs, I do not see random or chaos...I see intelligent thought, intent, and purpose behind them. There are ethereal other intelligences in the cosmos...seems to me, that to think that humans are the only species inhabiting a multiple billions of cosmoses, is rather ignorant arrogance.

Crop circles should be taken seriously until it is proven that they aren't worth the time or effort.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

So now we have super fast, invisible, highly intelligent pranksters who can make complex patterns in fields, in less than an hour, & leave no trace?

When did such a crop circle take place?

Some of these lines drawn in the fields are only 1 row thick, about 4 inches. Thay flattened these rows without disturbing the rows on either side?

And that means what? Why would humans be incapable of it?

Show me who these amazing super-people are, i want them to come & work for me!

Show me aliens, faeries, satellites beaming down masers, whatever alternative bunk you believe. Show me one single shred of evidence that any of those are behind crop-circles.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I laugh when people say some crop circles are "too perfect" for man to make.

They use measuring tools!

If you try to draw a circle by hand, the circle will not be perfect. However, if you use a piece of string and pivot it around an axis, you can make a perfect circle.

If you try to draw a line by hand, the line will not be perfect. However, if you use a piece of string pulled tight and use the string to guide you, you can make a perfect line.

If you try to draw a square or triangle by hand, they will probably not be perfect. However, if you use a string pulled tight to draw the first perfect line, then use a protractor to measure the correct angles for the next line(s), you can draw a perfect square or triangle, or rectangle, or anything that uses straight lines and angles.

In fact, I don't think I have ever seen one single crop circle that couldn't be plotted perfectly with a measuring string and protractor. And if you knew what you were plotting/drawing, and knew your starting position, you wouldn't even need to see what you are doing in the darkness because you can just measure your distance from the starting position to find your own position.

Honestly... I think the video that another member posted was exactly what the OP was looking for. I'll post it again..

edit on 12-9-2010 by illumin8ed because: fixed typos

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by illumin8ed
I laugh when people say some crop circles are "too perfect" for man to make.

"You're right, no human being would stack books like this."

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
My coworker keeps getting promoted and i keep losing the opportunity for some reason. By your logic she must be alien

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Man made ... By men using rays from a higher layer of the atmosphere. In order to get us all debating on the subject.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I think most people think the whole debate is funny and the designs are quite artistic and other than that man made. Seems quite strange to think otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join