It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles - Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is, Skeptics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43
It is quite sad that the while the OP did ask in a confronting way, the "skeptics" have yet to provide an in depth explanation to prove themselves.

Except for all the evidence that the skeptics have provided throughout this thread, which the believers such as yourself have blatantly ignored or lied in saying it was not presented. Crop circles are not the biggest mystery here; the biggest mystery is why believers need to lie to support their beliefs.

There is no point in having a discussion if the other side is not going to even acknowledge evidence presented and lie about it.

edit on 11-9-2010 by DoomsdayRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Huh did you even read the whole thread?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43
Throughout this whole thread of insults and attempts to belittle both sides of this argument, neither side has provided evidence to confirm or disprove the crop circle phenomenon. It is quite sad that the while the OP did ask in a confronting way, the "skeptics" have yet to provide an in depth explanation to prove themselves.

Erm.

Number of videos on this thread of complex crop circles being made by people 2
Number of videos on this thread of complex crop circles being mad be ufo's 0

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Nothing mysterious here, just people wanting to get their SCI-FI fix from ATS and set the whole UFO research back another 100 years

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I sit on the fence with these,however i do find them interesting no matter who makes them.
Using geometry where sizes have been given,by man hours,by number of people required to make such detailed designs we must ask a few questions.
One circle worked out that you would need 20 people over an 8hr period to complete.Yes can be done.
How does this get done without anyone else seeing?
Surely out of 10-20 people someone would have blown it wide open?
If it is human made, what is the motivation,what is the message?
An elaborate hoax?What is to be gained,using binary code,solar maps,strand of dna? Tells us that whoever is producing these has a scientific interest.
I find both sides of the argument pretty weak with no real evidence presented from either side on how they are produced.So i look at what we do have,what is the purpose,what is the message?
Who ever is making them, is making them to tell us something.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Their purpose is to con people like you and laugh when you go on TV and ATS boards asking questions like "hey was it alien?" Welcome to the world of nerds, I dont have an explanation of why nerds do things they do. They just do them because they are good at them and they fail at other real world activities. I should know because I was a nerd myself

Crop Circles have been debunked over and over again. Heck one post on this thread even show how one of the more complex one was done. Its a dead horse thats been beaten over and over again. Refocus your energy on something else that matters. Get your sci-fi fix somewhere else

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Well, a good place to start is the elongated, and sometimes exploded 'nodes' at the base of the plants, this suggests the formation of steam in a very short time within the plant, as would be the case from using highly focused EM radiation, like Microwaves.This, coupled with an actual projected 'force' of some kind, would cause the plants to lay flat-and stay flat-as is the case here.
This, coupled with secondary radiation, and a clear lack of human presence (footprints etc) AND cases of crop circles appearing within 1 hour, appears to me like real, solid evidence that these circles are NOT man-made.
Other evidence may be found in the content of the circles themselves, triple DNA? 4-D topography? Electron orbits? Not exactly the usual student prankster knoweledge is it?
Maybe they are telling us how to get off this planet, but we are too thick to understand

A bit like showing a caveman a drawing of an internal combustion engine, i would think!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by playswithmachines
Well, a good place to start is the elongated, and sometimes exploded 'nodes' at the base of the plants, this suggests the formation of steam in a very short time within the plant, as would be the case from using highly focused EM radiation, like Microwaves.

Or the case from the stalk being constricted and not allowing the flow of water through the plant.

This, coupled with secondary radiation, and a clear lack of human presence (footprints etc) AND cases of crop circles appearing within 1 hour, appears to me like real, solid evidence that these circles are NOT man-made.
Other evidence may be found in the content of the circles themselves, triple DNA? 4-D topography? Electron orbits?

How does any of that indicate that humans are not responsible?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

well said Airspoon. This is a place where we get to test our theories or opinions out, without censor (except if you break ATS rules of decorum). The crop circles are certainly a head scratcher. Whoever or whatever is making them are good, real good.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Nice post OP.

Here's a wild theory, maybe crop circles are a type of Graffiti for ETs.

We see Human Graffiti all the time don't we?.

I don't bebeive we are alone in the Universe, so I will say Crop Circle's are mostly made by
someone or something else we don't understand yet, but we may soon!

Again, Nice Post OP

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
There is NO WAY that they could have made artistic drawings in crop fields. NO WAY!!!

Oh, I definitely think humans could have. I just don't think they did.

At least no one has shown us that they did.

I think it's very beautiful art. And I think most people would agree with me. Why would someone or some people be so secretive about it?

I'm an artist and know how hard it is to earn a paycheck sometimes. I'd be using that skill and banking some extra dough.

But not these eccentric cropcirclers? They must be wealthy already and only make crop circles to express their innermost feeling to the the world in an anonymous way?

Yeah. Not buying that.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
Why would someone or some people be so secretive about it?

Why are graffiti vandals so secretive about there work?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by Darkhunter008
i've seen in documentary on crop circles once that the ones that are not man made are genetically different from the ones that are.

How does that mean they were not man-made?

im not saying they were or not im just repeating what the documantary said which was that they think the ones that are genetically different from the others may not be man made. But how would a plank of wood change the genetic material of a couple of crops? if you know the answer then please share

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
There is NO WAY that they could have made artistic drawings in crop fields. NO WAY!!!

Oh, I definitely think humans could have. I just don't think they did.

At least no one has shown us that they did.

I think it's very beautiful art. And I think most people would agree with me. Why would someone or some people be so secretive about it?

I did just show you that they did by posting videos of them doing it.

As for why they are so secretive.
They aren't, well not all of them as this web site I posted belongs to one of the UK's most well know crop circle artists. He gets a lot of TV work doing it, there are a few other well know groups out there too with their own web sites.
They are basically committing a crime when they do their work though, a couple actually, trespassing, destruction of property. They could be arrested for what they are doing if the farmer who owns the field can be bothered
Have you heard of famous UK graffiti artist Banksy? he doesn't let anyone know his identity for the exact same reason.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

So now we have super fast, invisible, highly intelligent pranksters who can make complex patterns in fields, in less than an hour, & leave no trace?
Some of these lines drawn in the fields are only 1 row thick, about 4 inches. Thay flattened these rows without disturbing the rows on either side?
Show me who these amazing super-people are, i want them to come & work for me!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I can see it now; "Hey fred, we've got this million dollar maser, took 10 years to develop, what shall we do with it?"
"I dunno, maybe make some crop circles?"

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The Living God makes crop circles , just to annoy , confuse and astound people .

They are artwork from inside His head !

.... Ask Lucy Pringle

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I can see it now; "Hey fred, we've got this million dollar maser, took 10 years to develop, what shall we do with it?"
"I dunno, maybe make some crop circles?"

Yes a much more likely conversation would be

Alien 1 "hey snark bagger we've got to find a way to communicate with these damn earthlings"

Alien 2 "Well Giidringechtermop I don't know, we've tried everything, flying over uninhabited areas at night, running past peoples windows, appearing in the background of grainy unfocused video footage, I just don't know what else we can do"

Alien 1 "I tell you what, I've just got this brand new space ship with a special lawn roller attachment, I bought it to do the lawn but maybe we could use it to draw cryptic unintelligible messages into cornfields in the middle of the night when there's no one around"

Alien 2 "Wow that's a great idea, and to think I was going to suggest landing in the middle of a populated area in broad day light and actually speaking to people"

Alien 1 "Ohhh snark bagger your such a fool HaHaHa how is that going to help us communicate lol"

Alien 2 "Your right, boy is my face blue! I'll just go and get a packed lunch and we can head for Wiltshire"

Alien 1 "Yay for us and our super alien intelligence!!!!!"

Later that day Interior Space mower
Alien2 "Hey I just thought how are people going to know that we did these drawings and it's not just humans playing a prank"

Alien 1 "Oh don't worry I have already thought of that, we'll make some of the lines less then 4 inches thick, then they will be sure to know that it's us, after all there is no technology on the whole of earth that can make a line in some corn thats less then 4 inches think"

Alien 2 "Can I take a turn driving in a minute?"

edit on 12-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mooradian
I would like a skeptic to put his/her money where his/her mouth is and show me one piece of evidence that these gigantic, supercomplex circles are man made.

I would like a believer to put his/her money where his/her mouth is and show me one piece of evidence that these gigantic, supercomplex circles are made by something other than humans.

It makes me laugh how you people deny the obvious.

backatchya.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
it makes me laugh when huge UFO believers like me are labeled 'skeptics' because they reject outrageous SCI-FI lover theories

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join