It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles - Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is, Skeptics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hi Op and All,

I'm still not sure about Crop Circles. But do admit there are a few that are far to geometrically perfect to suggest spirotot humans fabricated'm.

Decoy

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It is possible to use microwaves, or even through a maser to heat the water in the plant structure, causing it to change properties and thus bend (similar to Active Denial). While the energy from a laser would burn through the plant itself, the lower frequency of microwaves can effect only the water of the plant.

I used to get angry with the commo guys for microwaving birds with their equipment to blow steam and oddly enough, the birds would seem to cook from the inside, leaving the skin and feathers of the bird untouched, presumably only cooking the water off. Now granted, they were using microwave commo gear, as opposed to masers but they were also firing the microwaves through a much broader area. To bend a plant by boiling the water off on a small cross section, you would need a much more "directed" energy source, such as a maser.

--airspoon

edit on 10-9-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by kbriggss

There are many other forces in the universe we don't understand that could have created these crop circles.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really?
What mysterious forces are those?
Which "forces" can create crop circles?

I can! and I am a mystery!!

Just let me get my ufo and I'll prove it!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'm just glad that nobody has brought up the completely fraudulent (or to be nicer, unscientific) BLT Research. That *always* seems to be the basis for so many claims of alleged physical evidence.

No, there is no anomalous magnetic activity around crop circles.

No, there are no rare-earth residues.

There's no sounds or vibrations or anything energetic/acoustic going on.

Yes, the node disfiguration is entirely natural.

And the one video of a ball of light creating a crop circle has been debunked as a fake.

All the evidence falls flat. The moral of BLT is that, if you look hard enough for something, if you're not careful you'll start seeing it even if it isn't there.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

The burden is on you to prove to us they are made by aliens. We don't need to prove humans make them because that has been shown so many times before. The burden is on you...
NEWS FLASH:

WRONG!

Do you understand just how hard it would be to "catch them in the act" or recover a piece of the craft...or whatever else would satisfy you...now on the other hand...all you skeptics have to do is publicly replicate something you believe to be humanly possible and close the case once and for all. I'm willing to believe humans create such mind-blowing things on a regular basis all over the world, you just have to show me it can be done with tools circle makers would have available to them.

edit on 11/9/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mooradian
I would like a skeptic to put his/her money where his/her mouth is and show me one piece of evidence that these gigantic, supercomplex circles are man made.

How much money are you prepared to put where your mouth is?

I am prepared to put up a fairly substantial amount of money in relation to your challenge, if:
(a) you match the money I put up; and
(b) we can agree terms as to the judging of whether your challenge is met.

Or are you just trolling?

All the best,

Isaac

edit on 11-9-2010 by IsaacKoi because: To add bold highlighting

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
The designs have become more and more complex over the years. Could this be because we are attracting more talented aliens? Or could it be that computer software is allowing humans to plan and create "supercomplex" crop circles - complete with texturing and 3D effects?

What's more likely?
that is where my money is,
I have looked at Hundreds if not thousands of really bad CC'c that some argued were made by ET's
and what ,.? some ET's are just not good at it

For me, this is the same as the UFO category altogether,
Unless someone gets REAL footage of a craft creating these CC's, REAL UNDENIABLE PROOF
None shaky, focused, and we can see it is not a Chinese lantern proof ,.. they are not ET's

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm not even readin past the first post.

I beleive that some crop circles are real.

But, evidence has shown that many/most of the more complex designs ARE, in fact, human.

The problem with the crop circle phenomenon is, every once in awhile CC advocates will be CERTAIN that one HAS to be ET origin only to be shown that it was human, and this is ALL anyone will ever focus on.

You can be right 90% of the time, but you will be remembered for the 10% you are not. THIS is the law of the land.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I believe crop circles are made by the tooth fairy instead of humans or ETs. The burden of proof is on you to prove that they are made by human or ETs.

The fact that crop circles get more complex every year indicates these groups trying to outdo each other. In fact, I believe the more simple ones in the early Crop Circle years might even have been done by real aliens themselves.

Think about it, if aliens want to communicate with us why would they choose crop circles? Because they read too much science fictions like we do? How about this, this might make it easier for you to see the big picture. Imagine NASA sending astronauts to another planet with less advance inhabitants. Why would NASA choose to communicate with these people with subtle messages?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

Originally posted by mysteryskeptic

I have never understood why an alien would even want to make a crop circle when they could just leave a book,

They forgot to bring paper, but had a few wooden boards hanging around.

Why is everybody talking about masers and lasers? I'm sure aliens could use wooden boards for all those crop circles that are apparently too complex for the feeble human mind.

Don't see the point in wasting all that energy with masers and lasers when a board will do... Then again, who am I to judge. When I hang a frame on the wall I levitate it against gravity when gyroscopically stabilized by spinning it in a toroidal field created by a base ring of magnets.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Phage; Perhaps it was the Discovery Channel program, not Nat'l Geographic. I was aware of the fact that the students from M.I.T. assumed that crop circles were man-made, and merely wanted to determine how this was done. They seem to have taken the idea that microwaves can have structural effects on plants seriously enough to go to the trouble to build their device, and try it out on the crop. I was aware that the device they built was not a maser. Perhaps if they'd been able to use a maser, and of sufficient power, they'd have had greater effect on the plants. The general idea of heating plants, and causing them to bend or droop does not seem particularly controversial. I've seen the Sun do this to plants many times. Doing so in a more controlled and focused manner with tightly directed heat-inducing microwave beams doesn't seem too great a stretch. Ross

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Haha i aint touching this topic with a 10 foot pole.

Man made, alien made, either way, its made by existence itself.

A couple of buddies of mine used string and spikes to accurately make a crop circle. Although, when you look from the top, its near impossible to get it right.

The circle can be made perfectly. But to make over 20 circles perpendicular baffles my mind. Only because of previous experience.

The one circle by SETI, with the alien face, is my favorite. Only because SETI is guarded. and getting that close is near impossible.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mooradian

I gotta hand it to you OP. You must be a glutton for punishment
because what this thread will attract are the: "You prove to me they're not man-made' .....replies.

I don't know whose responsible for these tremendous, elaborate, intricate, unbelievably woven and seemingly over-night Crop Circles throughout England, but my better senses tells me they're not Human!
So what that leaves me with is "unknown".

I think a lot of people aren't comfortable leaving things up in the air and unlabeled so that's why they pin this on Humans even though it's highly unlikely!

Hey but, good luck with this thread. Hope you're sporting your boxing gloves today!

edit on 11-9-2010 by Human_Alien because: spelling

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by Mooradian
I would like a skeptic to put his/her money where his/her mouth is and show me one piece of evidence that these gigantic, supercomplex circles are man made.

How about you show one piece of evidence that crop circles were made by aliens!

It makes you look so silly how you people deny the obvious.

I've seen UFO lightships hovering above the crop fields in England from a very close distance. Obviously this isn't conclusive proof that they make them but these UFOs are indeed related to the phenomenon. There are several videos of these little blobs of light examining the crop and jetting out.Intuitively I would say they do make them (some of them; the "genuine" ones).

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i've seen in documentary on crop circles once that the ones that are not man made are genetically different from the ones that are.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
NEWS FLASH: WRONG!

The only newsflash here is that you obviously do not understand burdens of proof or logical fallacies. The burden of proof is on the claimant; if you believe aliens make crop-circles then the onus is on you to prove it.

Please familiarize yourself with burden of proof before behaving in such a condescending manner.

Do you understand just how hard it would be to "catch them in the act" or recover a piece of the craft...or whatever else would satisfy you...

Just because it would be difficult to prove your claim does not excuse you from the burden of evidence.

now on the other hand...all you skeptics have to do is publicly replicate something you believe to be humanly possible and close the case once and for all. I'm willing to believe humans create such mind-blowing things on a regular basis all over the world, you just have to show me it can be done with tools circle makers would have available to them.

We have, in this very thread. You have refused to even acknowledge it, preferring instead to wallow in closed-mindedness and ignorance.

edit on 11-9-2010 by DoomsdayRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
The one circle by SETI, with the alien face, is my favorite. Only because SETI is guarded. and getting that close is near impossible.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. None whatsoever. And whoever you are getting that nonsense from has no idea what they are talking about either.

The alien face circle was near the Chilbolton Observatory not a SETI-affiliated facility. And however guarded it may be, the circle was made hundreds of yards away in a farmer's field. A very accessible farmer's field if you bother to actually examine the photographs.

edit on 11-9-2010 by DoomsdayRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
I'm just glad that nobody has brought up the completely fraudulent (or to be nicer, unscientific) BLT Research. That *always* seems to be the basis for so many claims of alleged physical evidence.

Could you provide evidence of all of this?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkhunter008
i've seen in documentary on crop circles once that the ones that are not man made are genetically different from the ones that are.

How does that mean they were not man-made?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Throughout this whole thread of insults and attempts to belittle both sides of this argument, neither side has provided evidence to confirm or disprove the crop circle phenomenon. It is quite sad that the while the OP did ask in a confronting way, the "skeptics" have yet to provide an in depth explanation to prove themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join