It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles - Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is, Skeptics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Uhh no.

Bored guys with some wooden planks make these after spending a night at the pub.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

You can think that if you want.

Don't gel with me baby!

I must add - from what I've read 'some' are ET made (not alien) - which ones, that's the part you have to work out for yourselves...

I will say this years CC had a lot of crapola man made ones which stood out to me anyway.

Again I say most of these our planet herself makes - or something in a galactic vibration from another planetary/ universe source!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
These aren't made by aliens, or plunkers with wood either (nodes destroyed by energy). My brother has a lazer engraving business, and what I see here is lazer based satellite doing their #. Trust me, I've seen what lazers can do! If you don't believe me, I'll provide links.

I helped my brother "mark" items, and I know what is possible. Aliens?.... I don't believe that!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Lazers [sic] can engrave metal by burning (vaporizing) it.

Crop circles are formed of bent plants, not burned. Perhaps your brother can explain how a laser would cause bending without burning.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mooradian
While I agree simple (VERY SIMPLE) cro pcircles can be man made, these new circles we've been seeing are so incredibly complex, most made overnight. I would like a skeptic to put his/her money where his/her mouth is and show me one piece of evidence that these gigantic, supercomplex circles are man made.

I agree! It is quite obvious that human artists never improve in skill!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
How complex do you want it?

Is this one good enough?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I want to know what evidence there is that crop-circles are not man-made works of art.

Let the believers put their money where their mouth is.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
How about this one

Created by crop circle artist John Lundberg for a 2001 HTV documentry

Heres a video of him making it

edit on 10-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It might be done with masers (microwave beams instead of visible light) but this doesn't establish that extraterrestrials couldn't be responsible. They could have better masers than humans ever dreamed of. Some crop circles have looked like technical diagrams for some advanced form of magnetron, a kind of microwave generator. BTW, some crop circles *do* show burn marks. The remarks that crop circles are a poor way for extraterrestrials to communicate with us, or that something more to the point, like flying over a major city at low altitude, presumably during the daytime, would be better, are well taken. This assumes, however, that extraterrestrials have no regard for the disruptive effect this could have on that city, and on society in general. A very gradual revelation of themselves, over a considerable period of time might be desired, in order to avoid such problems. Some crop circles could conceivable be a part of such a program. Ross

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
It might be done with masers (microwave beams instead of visible light) but this doesn't establish that extraterrestrials couldn't be responsible.

Is also doesn't establish that invisible pink unicorns with laser eyes couldn't be responsible.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mooradian
I would like a skeptic to put his/her money where his/her mouth is and show me one piece of evidence that these gigantic, supercomplex circles are man made.

It makes me laugh how you people deny the obvious.

dont be so quick there ...

well i'm not in the skeptic category regarding this.. neither am i in the "believer" category...
that being said.. i'd like to challenge , you, the OP to consider this....

i agree .. it's ridiculous to think these things are made by a few guys with boards at night.
but i can't completely reject the possibility that it COULD be humans doing it with advanced microwave sattelite technology.. OR advanced black-op reverse engineered craft.

we can't say either way what is the RACE of being that is doing this...
we can say that it's obviously done by methods of science that the public is not aware that humans have the capability of having.

it could be another intelligent race using advanced tech to create them
it could also be humans using advanced tech to create them in an effort to make you think that it's another intelligent race doing it.
theres a great similarity to the sacred geometry that masons hold so dear... and the designs that are used..
there is even a documentary about that.
many of the wealthiest and highest placed people in the power structure are masons
it would take some people in the highest places of the power structure to be able to pull this off technologically...
ie: funding.. secrecy etc...

so you can't just assume it's aliens man... but you can't throw that out.
it could be a combination of all possibilities... humans using tech.. aliens using tech.. humans using boards for the crappy ones.. hell. aliens using boards hahaha

about the one with the alien holding the disc...
i want to know why certain letters are intentionally CAPITALIZED.
i think there is a code in there somewhere in the caps letters..
or the non caps letters..

food for thought.

-

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

Masers are amplified electromagnetic radiation, just as lasers are (Microwave/Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation). There really isn't much difference between the two other than the amount of energy delivered. Neither one can physically bend anything. Some crop circles show burn marks? Interesting but it still doesn't explain how the stalks are bent by maser or laser.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mooradian

I'm fairly sure I've seen most if not all posted images of crop circles. I've never seen one as complex as you represent.

If you can decipher it, you can create it.

When I was young and dumb, I went through an apprenticeship as an Industrial Electrician. We had to stub up conduits out of the bare ground into the air in dozens of locations on each building with an accuracy of one sixteenth of an inch to center. It took only a few minutes, some stake's, some twine and some simple trig to accomplish that. That and one stake placed by a surveyor. Lots of people could create things of that complexity. You need to get out more perhaps.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Phage; Inducing heat in crop stems can make them bend, just as they often do in crop circles. This can be accomplished with microwave beams. The group from M.I.T. that appeared on the National Geographic special about crop circles took this effect quite seriously; built their own microwave projector in their attempt to create a crop circle. Ross

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Lazers [sic] can engrave metal by burning (vaporizing) it.

Crop circles are formed of bent plants, not burned. Perhaps your brother can explain how a laser would cause bending without burning.

Phage, Buddy, Do You realise that lasers can manipulate items on an atomic level? I don't have all the answers, I'm merely trying to figure it out. You can either help me, or diss me... Your choice buddy!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

Since a maser emits electromagnetic waves, both radio and microwave frequencies, across a broader frequency spectrum, it can actually manipulate molecules and can in theory, bend the plant through effects on its water molecules inside the plant, unlike the laser which produces heat through visible light. Furthermore, because of the characteristics of the maser, it can be used as a "directed-energy weapon" and emit energy in an aimed direction, without a projectile. This could also bend the plant through an energy beam.

With that being said, I highly doubt that a maser is being used to create these amazing pictorials. Even though technically the maser could accomplish such a task, at least in theory, in would be far easier to do it through a more conventional method, such as stomping the crop down. Also, just because the maser can do this in theory, doesn't mean that we could realize this technology yet.

Occam's razor is sharper than ever.

--airspoon

edit on 10-9-2010 by airspoon because: Added reply to Ross 54

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Why do Aliens like to play with wheat fields?.
Why do they like to create in the dark when no ones around?
why can't they leave huge boulders of borazon?
because that would be something the ordinary joe couldn't do with a pair of oversized flip flops!

I have never understood why an alien would even want to make a crop circle when they could just leave a book,

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

Are you sure you're not talking about the Discovery Channel episode from 2002? I don't think MIT students were involved with the National Geographic show about crop circles. The undergrads didn't take the effect "quite seriously", the whole point was that they were trying to show that crop circle "effects" can be faked. Their device (having nothing to do with masers) did not bend the stalks, they did that the old fashioned way, ropes and boards, and treated them afterward. (Feel free to skip the Bermuda triangle segment)

Google Video Link

edit on 9/10/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

A maser is the same as a laser, it just operates at longer wavelengths than light and therefore carries less energy. That's why lasers make better weapons.

A maser weapon, like a laser weapon, would destroy its target by burning it. Neither a maser nor a maser can bend a plant. Burn it, yes, selectively bend it in a given direction, no.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
How many videos have been made of people making circle? Answer: lots. How many videos have been made of aliens making circles? Answer: None.

I remember a rather complex crop circle - it consisted of a ton of circles varying in size. It was a very large pattern. People marveled at how ALL of the circles were amazingly divisible by 3. They figured it was a complex message. Well.. later, a show comes out with video of two guys making the entire thing in the span of a few hours. They used the irrigation lines as a guide to make them - they were 6 feet apart. And yet prior to that, people were CERTAIN such a "complex" pattern could be made by man. Yet it was made by a mere TWO.. in a few HOURS. And they were SURE the measurements meant a deep meaning. Yet, they were utterly unplanned. And they walked only down those, to avoid footprints.

Yet.. just like your circles.. they were sooo complex and mysterious.. they could only be made by aliens! But.. turns out.. not really. Perhaps you should rethink it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join