It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

85 prisoners escape jail on Mexico-U.S. border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

MONTERREY, Mexico (Reuters) – Eighty-five prisoners escaped from a jail near the U.S. border on Friday, authorities and media said, the latest prison break underscoring the challenges Mexico faces as it battles powerful drug cartels.

The prisoners, mainly cartel members, climbed over a prison fence in the border city of Reynosa, across from McAllen, Texas, in the early hours of Friday morning, local radio and newspapers reported, saying 85 men escaped.

A spokesman for Mexico's attorney general's office in Reynosa confirmed the jailbreak but declined to give details.

Police arrested more than 40 prison guards and staff who were on duty when the men escaped, and two prison guards are missing, local radio and newspaper El Norte said.

news.yahoo.com...
I tried to post in breaking news, but it wasn't letting me.

Remember when the guards let prisoners out to go commit murders a few months ago? The system is just too corrupt.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I fear your last statement is right. The system is just to corrupt.
I do think historically speaking there have been other systems just as corrupt. Can any one say what brought down those systems?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
If the police are corrupt, the Feds don't do their job and our Government won't allow States to pass laws to hold companies accountable for hiring illegals, or renting to illegals, or uphold already standing laws on illegals, we are screwed. looks like it will end up in the hands of citizens who have had enough and no longer want to live in fear. Then we will lose more lives. Lovely, just lovely. NOT!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
if by now you havent figured out that all hell is busting loose ,then you need to pay more attention..
if you think the govt.or police are going to protect you, then you are a fool.
if you dont have means to defend it ,then it's not yours.
it's wild west times boys and girls..
strap yer guns on pardner

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
But...I don't have a gun. It's a shame that it has come this far. For some police officers to see money as more important than human lives is inexcusable.Fire their butts and get people in there who actually have morals and compassion for their fellow man. Same with the people in Government. If you can't do your job and work for the people, get the heck out, you don't belong there.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Is Mexico a reflection of the future of the United States?

From what i know, it kind of is in a way....

new topics

top topics

join