It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Collaborating With Media Outlets on Release of Iraq Documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

WikiLeaks Collaborating With Media Outlets on Release of Iraq Documents

www. newsweek.com

Iain Overton, editor of The Bureau of Investigative Journalism, tells Declassified that his organization has teamed up with media organizations—including major television networks and one or more American media outlets—in an unspecified number of countries to produce a set of documentaries and stories based on the cache of Iraq War documents in the possession of WikiLeaks.

Overton acknowledges that the volume of Iraq War reports that WikiLeaks has made available for the project is massive...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Ok people, be prepared for a new release of information, this time about the War (or occupation) of Iraq. As last time, Wikileaks is working or teaming up with various media outlets to give credibility to the classified information that is going to be printed.

Do you guys think this will be as important as other leaks? I mean... the media has already forgotten about the first stash of secret information. We already know about the non-existent WMD, the fact that Iraq destroyed them years before the war, the collaterals, the violation of all basic human rights, Blackwater, the prisons and the number of soldiers killed.
The only thing we don’t know it the real number of civilian casualties, but I don’t think anybody knows.
One way to know is to do a new census and compare it with the last one but that is a rough number.

I do think it is important to know the truth of how the US operates and suppresses information , but do you think the media and the people will give it the importance it deserves?

Cheers

Jechu

www. newsweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
wikileaks have put this quote up on there twitter

"We have no comment as to the claim that our next release is related to the Iraq war."

read into that what you will...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jechu

The only thing we don’t know it the real number of civilian casualties, but I don’t think anybody knows.

The estimates i've seen over the years point to a figure of between 1 -1.5 million dead Iraqi civilians.

I'd say double it, and it would be in the neighborhood.

Bush and Blair have a LOT of blood on their hands. No prizes for guessing why Blair converted to Catholicism shortly after the war.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I suspect that this batch of information will be more damning than the Afghan Diaries It's a much larger release, and as Iraq was/is more of a "traditional occupation", my bet is that the quality of intelligence will be broader and deeper. This one is going to cause a real stir. I can't wait.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

I can't wait either. Lets hope it gets the attention needed.

Do you think it will include pre-occupation material? I mean about the "reasons" for the war and all the flawed intelligence material? That would be awesome!

I found this at The Register

Newsweek has said the Iraq material “portrays US forces being involved in a 'bloodbath,' but some of the most disturbing material relates to the abusive treatment of detainees, not by Americans but by Iraqi security forces.”

Are they trying to clean America's face?

Cheers
Jechu

top topics

join