It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Muslims travel 13,000 miles across America, find an embracing nation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I read this article today and found it uplifting after all the hate filled garbage in the media these days. I thought I would share it with ATS since the threads lately have just been way to hate filled and dividing. America is a melting pot that accepts freedom loving people of all religions. All this poisonous hate being spewed by the MSM in America is not the reality. I am christian and I have many muslim friends and co-workers. We are all respectful of each others beliefs. We discuss the topics of the NYC mosque and the Florida books burings and all agree that this is an attempt to divide us and get us fighting.

And to all those people not from America this is truely what America is about, not the hatred and lies that the media is telling you about us. Here is the link to the article, I hope you all enjoy reading it. I hope we can end the bickering here on ATS about all this stuff and realize that the media is manipulating the public. Peace be with you all.

www.cnn.com...

The blue Chevy Cobalt broke down amid the mountains of Montana in an area where there was no cell phone reception. The Muslims in the car, on a cross-country journey for the holy month of Ramadan, approached a bushy-bearded fisherman.

When he approached the fisherman after their car broke down, Tariq says, he didn't know how he'd be received. He asked if he could hitch a ride to town and the fisherman "happily does it." When the man asked Tariq what he was doing in Montana, he told him about their 30 mosques journey.

"And he doesn't flinch and doesn't get worried," Tariq said. "For me, it was like, 'Wow! That America still exists.' "

" It's a small but vocal group of Americans in this country pushing this anti-Muslim rhetoric," Ali said. "And unfortunately in our society, whomever shouts the loudest is going to get the most air time."

www.cnn.com...

edit on 9/10/2010 by Erasurehead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This is great. I love feel good stories like this. First off, I am Christian. Secondly I know quite a few Muslims (and a Hindu) and they are really great people. With all this Anti-Muslim hate mongering going on, it's nice to get a different perspective and a nice feel good story.

Thanks for the post!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
From my time spent around Muslims I can't help but think that they are the most kind, polite, courteous, generous, respectful and 'down to earth' people I’ve ever met.

I try to keep my 'alternative' spiritual beliefs aside when talking to them though, I am not quite sure how they would react to someone who doesn't believe in a god and considers themselves Pantheist NeoPagan. I know my Christian friends never reacted well.

edit on 9/10/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

new topics

join