It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The anti-Christian bias in our society has reached absurd proportions "Sarcasm"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I came across this site after getting tired of hearing Christians crying foul all the time over everything.
I would like to get your thoughts on this article.
www.laterralane.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This makes me feel terrible. No one should have anything against that person.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

This is great stuff

The Christian persecution complex is just MASSIVE and it seems like almost every time they don't get their way the whining begins. The thing is they should be rejoicing when they are persecuted because the New Testament says they will be persecuted for their beliefs. I've had people ask me why so many non-believers poke fun at Christians...

For the same reason we would poke fun at a grown man believing in Santa Claus

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
' for the same reason we poke fun of a grown man believing in santa klause '

typical idiot st paul talked about in the end times. And ftr, because you equate God with freakin santa klause, it gives you the right to mock christians.

but to the op.

I agree christians got to shake those damn mocks off, and move on. Time is on our side. Pray for the idiots. everone must die and meet the one they mock.

so until then God calls us to shake it off unless it becomes violent for no reason, then a'' woopins would be handed out.

God never said don't defend yourself.

peace.

edit on 10-9-2010 by JesusisTruth because: I can't spell.

edit on 10-9-2010 by JesusisTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

And ftr, because you equate God with freakin santa klause, it gives you the right to mock christians.

What gives me the right to mock any religion I choose is the First Amendment to the US Constitution and it is a freedom I cherish greatly.

Some similarities between God/Jesus and Santa:

Both are said to be all-knowing (Santa knows when you've been naughty or nice and knows when you are sleeping)

Both offer rewards and punishments (Santa gives presents, or coal while God gives Heaven or Hell)

Both have magical helpers (Elves = Angels)

Both live in a place that no ordinary person can get to (North Pole - Heaven)

Both love children (although it was Jesus who loved children while the God of the Old Testament seemed more interested in killing them)

Both are supernatural and have no evidence in support of their existence and therefore can only be assumed to exist for personal reasons or by being taught to believe they exist.

While I'd gladly defend the rights of anyone to believe whatever they want that doesn't preclude those beliefs from criticism, parody and being laughed at.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
good mock all day. you have no clue what tmes you're in. so you'll see sortly.

but I canmock athesit all day too, because that is ridiculous to me to believe we came from nothing ot of darkness for no reason and then procreated just to destroy ourselves again through technology.

and for some odd reason nothing decided to give us a brain and feelings and love and creatures and great food and hapiness, yet people hang on to a THEORY which hasn't any single proof whatsoever, that we came from primates millions of years ago.

so you laugh Iaugh.

BUT I would prefer to love and pray for that person than mock. no point.

I have a problem if it turns violent.

and btw that comparison is ridiculous. The difference is, not including 3,000 years of miracles I seen myself, but it's that santa ddn't create our souls, we believe God did. And santa ofcourse is an admitted farytale.

lmao why am I even talking about this.

peace.

edit on 10-9-2010 by JesusisTruth because: spelling typing too fast

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

because that is ridiculous to me to believe we came from nothing ot of darkness for no reason and then procreated just to destroy ourselves again through technology.

I'm not sure what atheists you've been talking to, sounds like they're the nihilistic depressed kind. I assure you that there are a vast range of beliefs amongst atheists. Some even believe we came from aliens (a bit silly if you ask me). Most Buddhists are technically atheists, even if they believe in reincarnation they don't believe in gods.

You see atheism is only a lack of belief in god(s), much like theism is only a belief in god(s). The beliefs of one atheist to another can be as varied as the beliefs from one theist to another.

As for your statement that we are headed to destruction, that's not what I believe at all. I believe the human species is free to decide its own destiny. We're not part of some pre-decided system where our free will is negated by an angry magic man in the sky. We choose our fates and that freedom is a beautiful thing.

The idea that this Cosmos brought forth life without the intervention of gods or magic is indeed an incredible thing.

As for where the Universe came from, I don't know and I find it far more intellectually honest to admit that I have no idea than to conjure up some magic skyman to fill in the gaps.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
thats the problem. you think or made up your mind its a made up sky man. no possibility it's evealed truth though.

stay open until you are proven wrong, which means until death since creation itself isn't proof enough.

the thing about destroying ourselves. Saints 100s of years ago predicted WW3, the final war, they predicted nukes, mysterious gases, and natural disasters.

The human race left God and turned to science. I'm all for science. The problem is God knew when the culture would become Godless they would create weapons that would kill themselves. Which he predicted. he gives a hint in the gospel.

' And if those days had not been sortened, no human life would be saved '

because of war weapons.

so read my thread about the EU and you might get a feel for what times you're in.

peace. have a good night.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I find it hilarious to consider that:
No matter what the truth is, every bunch of Christians' beliefs are so radically different from the next batch of Christians, that they will actually fight to the death over these differences of opinion...
Even if some batch of Christians actually turned out to be right, all the rest will be
to all intents and purposes
no different than...
atheists

edit on 11-9-2010 by Danbones because: forgot some essential content: grammer, spelling...content

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

no possibility it's evealed truth though.

That's not true at all. I'm not a Gnostic Atheist, I don't claim to know for certain that god(s) do not exist. There is a possibility that a god or gods exist but I would need to see evidence.

I was raised a fundamentalist Christian so I am pretty closed off to the idea of the Biblical God, mainly because that sort of God could not exist for logical reasons and the Bible depicts him as a self-contradicting war-mongering wrathful and generally evil God. It was reading more of the Bible that led to me doubting what I'd been taught, that book is a total mess.

The problem is God knew when the culture would become Godless they would create weapons that would kill themselves.

I don't think being Godless is what led to the development of Nuclear weapons for several reasons.

1) being religious or having a God has no correlation with morality.

2) Nuclear weapons were developed to stop the Axis powers in World War 2 at a time when the majority of Americans were Christians. In fact a majority of Americans are still Christians

3) The God of the Bible repeatedly sends the Israelites out to fight, he is a very war-like God. For him to suddenly be anti-war seems a bit odd.

stay open until you are proven wrong, which means until death since creation itself isn't proof enough.

I am open minded where evidence is concerned. I do not, for a second, think that we humans have learned everything there is to learn. There is still room for the existence of a god, however I'm not going to start believing in one until some evidence is presented outside of the realm of faith.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I don't see a bias against Christianity in our society. I see people defending the rights of non-christians to practice and believe the way that they choose without interference by pushy, overbearing christian groups who believe that their religion is the only valid one and thus, the only one that should be practiced by everyone. Not a day goes by that you don't either hear some political pundit demand prayer in schools or that municipalities fund christian religious ceremonies around the 25th of december. I hear, every year, how businesses don't want their employees to say "merry christmas".

These same people kick up a fuss every year around Halloween. They have no problem when they seek to deny a religious observance to another religion, but watch out when you try to do the exact same thing to them. This type of hypocrisy is what causes christians to be a lightning rod for ridicule. Get over yourselves, join the rest of the human race, and maybe we can get along.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Re: JesusisTruth

You should have stayed with 'faith' as your basis, even if this implies, that your possibilities for missioning will be greatly reduced. 34.000 different types of 'christian faith', often competing with each other for supremacy, make any delieveries of ultimate truth seem ridiculous.

But still, you would have been safer with faith, than when you venture into the special branch of weird pseudo-logic, so beloved by 'christians'.

But you asked for it:

1/ To my knowledge the great kaboom hasn't happened yet; I'm sure, I would have noticed it. A prophecy about anything is not EVIDENCE of anything, until the prophecy has turned out to be true. And as prophecies go, there are thirteen a dozen. E.g. have 'christians' for two thousand years regularly prophesied the second coming, and nothing has happened yet.

This rather disproves 'christianity' than proves it.

2/ And taking up 'intelligent design' as a pro-'christian' argument again, is not only sad, it's pathetic. The religious hypothesis of 'intelligent design' is first of all hijacked and twisted scientific information. The semantics is lousy in a religious context, where it could just as well have been 'intentional blunder'.

Last, but not least, EVEN if 'intelligent design' (in a religious context), against all common sense turns out to be true, why should this 'prove' 'christianity'? There is a handful of religious candidates far above 'christianity' on the list, making maps of 'reality' more in accordance with an alleged 'intelligent design'.

3/ JesusisTruth also seems to have some special and hidden qualifications as an interpretator of 'god's' words. Why don't you shoot it out with the OTHER christians first, so the victor can emerge as THE authorized and only megaphone of 'god'. It would make it easier for the rest of us if the cacaphonic babble of an internally fighting christianity could be silent for once, instead of the soapbox oration: "This way...no, no ....this way".

Many 'christians' present a total lack of knowledge, common sense or intellect. The fight with all means for a monopoly; they start whining, when their privileges are threatened; they consider themselves a spiritiual elite. They are intolerant, ever fighting competition. And as with their 'god' many 'christians' suffer from the paranoia/megalomania syndrom.

And 'christians' wonder, why they are mocked??

We can add lack of introspection to their shortcomings.

Even if I'm on the political right myself (and also not an atheist), I find more meaning in what a hardcore-commie has to say, than in what is coming out of the christian bubble of self-ascertained illusions.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Christians love being mocked for Jesus's sake. The Word of God says we are blessed when it happens.

So skeptics, thank you....

top topics

join