It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina hunts stolen children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Argentina hunts stolen children

The Argentinian government is trying to find hundreds of children stolen from their parents during the military dictatorship of the 1970s and early 1980s.

A controversial law obliges young adults suspected of being the missing children to provide DNA sample, even if they do not want to be found.

The adopted children of one of Argentina's most powerful women are at the centre of the debate.

www.youtube.com...

comments:
so a big debate between right to privacy and criminal activity of an earlier era.
If you had a child or grandchild that was taken or stolen, wouldn't you want
to know what happened to them and punish those responsible? Even if those
children have their own life now without you??? Some do not want to be found.
Your thoughts ???

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
hmmm
been up over an hr and no responses.
I guess folks would rather read the
Koran burning threads.
So sad really

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Probably because this is old news. Kidnappings in South America is pretty common. Sickening, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

I just wish there were more Project Archangels going on. Cleaning up society.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by guppy
reply to post by boondock-saint

Probably because this is old news. Kidnappings in South America is pretty common. Sickening, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

I just wish there were more Project Archangels going on. Cleaning up society.

Mmmm yes and no, is common in some areas with high criminality, and even when is common, kidnapping children is not.

Now, the argentinian case is very different because it was the gov that those times kidnap families, people who oppose to them, and when they have little babies they took them and gave them to people who supports them.

Anyway, i think is pretty good they are trying to find those childrens, my only problem is that there are people, grow up now who doesnt want "to be found", i think the argentinian gov must respect their wishes but they are not doing that, i had seen several cases where they have force people to give adn samples when they didnt want to know anything about their other family.

top topics

join