It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian-Chinese security grouping may become counterweight to NATO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Russian-Chinese security grouping may become counterweight to NATO

en.rian.ru

S.S. : Can the SCO oust NATO in Eurasia?
K.S. : No doubt, this is a very serious sign for the West. The events in Kyrgyzstan were engineered by U.S. secret services. When Kurmanbek Bakiyev was president, depots with weapons designed for the opposition against him were found. Therefore, we should clearly realize that U.S. secret services are actively trying to strengthen their position in the post-Soviet space, not shying away from any methods.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is an interview to Konstantin Sivkov, first vice president of the Academy of Geopolitical Issues, Captain 1st rank and Doctor of Military Sciences.

He states that a grouping between Russia and China is very possible to counter the weight of NATO. They are already doing joint exercises and military cooperation.

Right now they still have to work together and find the correct ways to do it, but we can see a new force (military and political) that can change the status-quo.

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I like this phrase from the article:

The United States is exaggerating the threat of terrorism in a bid to justify its military expansion and secure its military supremacy in the world. Terrorism is merely a method of waging struggle, no more than that.

I really hope this two countries can form a security group (SCO) as NATO. It will probably inflame tensions, but is a way to stop the use of the "terrorism" excuse to wage wars.

Cheers

Jechu

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The world is a much safer place if there are two (three would be even better) powers that act as a check on each other. America/NATO has become a very dangerous and aggressive faction, not only to the countries that it invades, but to it's own populations. What we have witnessed over the past decade is unchallenged power in the hands of a group of sociopaths, and what results from this power. It's happened over and over throughout history. The "elite" who find themselves in charge right now, are in charge not because of their success in their respective fields or their histories of making life better for all, but because they have stopped at nothing to reach their positions of power. These people have a pathological NEED TO CONTROL people. lands, resources, etc. The only counterweight that seems to work is an equally sociopathic, equally powerful second faction that will oppose the first faction in it's quest to dominate the world. They cancel out each other's geopolitical gamesmanship, and while they are busy trying to perpetrate oneupsmanship upon each other, this lets the populations of free societies go about their business relatively unmolested.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

I agree with you. The sad part is that we need two or more "bad" groups, so bad + bad = good for everyone.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
this is a very scary scenario
and one that could lead to
grave complications.

it is a story to watch.

And I sure wished our CIA
would stay the [snip] out of
other people's business.

top topics

join