It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Surveillance Studies Disclosed By Pirate Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

EU Surveillance Studies Disclosed By Pirate Party

yro.slashdot.org

"The German Pirate Party has disclosed some secret documents on how the EU is planning to monitor citizens. The so called INDECT Documents describe how a seamless surveillance could (or should) be implemented across Europe. The use of CCTV cameras, the internet (social networks) and even the use of UAVs are mentioned as data sources. Two of the nine documents can be downloaded from the German Pirate Party's website (PDFs in English)."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
files.piratenpartei.de
rawstory.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
'Project Indect': an A.I. to police all of Europe

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is something of a diversion from my usual posting of breaking news... but since until today I had not seen these documents being available to review.. and since it is considered a 'leak' of information I figured some members might find this extremely interesting.....

By the way Info on the German Pirate Party:

The Pirate Party Germany (German: Piratenpartei Deutschland; short: PIRATEN, "Pirates") is a political party in Germany based on the model of the Swedish Piratpartiet. The party opposes the dismantlement of civil rights in telephony and on the Internet, in particular the European data retention policies and Germany's new Internet censorship law called Zugangserschwerungsgesetz. It also opposes artificial monopolies and various measures of surveillance of citizens.

The party favors the civil right to information privacy and reforms of copyright, education, computer science and genetic patents.

It promotes in particular an enhanced transparency of government by implementing open source governance and providing for APIs to allow for electronic inspection and control of government operations by the citizen.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...]Wiki

yro.slashdot.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

media.abovetopsecret.com...
media.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-9-2010 by Maxmars because: Edit to add documents from our own server

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Where is the US Pirate Party?

I love it...I would staple a stuffed parrot to my shoulder out of sheer joy if I had local Pirate Party miscreants to vote for here in Utah...

"Yo ho, Ho - Let's go !!!"

edit on 10-9-2010 by nine-eyed-eel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have long considered that our capacity to create and implement new technologies far outpace our capacity to use them objectively. In my opinion, the data being collected does not especially bear connotation to the reviewer.

Good on the Pirate Party...the more we know about what the State is doing and through whom and how much of our money they are using to profile the public (which invariably leads to partisan perception) the better chance we have of derailing some really unfortunate applications of our technological march forward.

Thanks for posting Maxmars...

edit on Fri, 10 Sep 2010 14:14:17 -0500 by MemoryShock because: To correct spelling...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Sometimes I can't fathom that those people who are representing the population don't see the danger in what they are considering.

Apparently, their fear is blinding them.

And then, when the fear begins to subside, somehow another dose is conjured up to make people actually want to be monitored 24/7 everywhere... so that their privacy is only a matter of what's in their head... and even that is being probed and studied.

This cocktail of technology will be brought to bear upon every citizen in the European Union... I wonder if they honestly believe that they will be able to say "No." once their government decides "Yes?"

And how soon before here in the US it becomes evident that this is viewed as a 'global' solution to dissent and resistance?

edit on 10-9-2010 by Maxmars because: forgot the word 'population'

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
so that their privacy is only a matter of what's in their head... and even that is being probed and studied.

There is a good chance that even I have no idea how close they are...but the same thing applies there with what I said in the above post - The subjective bias applied to the interpretation of the information gained from the new technologies will still make this leap in Tech an issue. At least that is my opinion and certainly not a universal/static one at that...

And how soon before here in the US it becomes evident that this is viewed as a 'global' solution to dissent and resistance?

I think we may be headed there for sure. I don't want to consider what the impetus for the public will come in the form as...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
What an excellent find!

I remembered reading about "intelligent" CCTV SW years ago and sure enough, here's the article from 2003:
www.newscientist.com...

I bet my ass that type of SW is used all around the world these days..
" *beep, beep*...citizen 53954 is standing suspiciously still...*beep, beep* "

I'm going start reading those PDF's now.. The first one starts with a truly Orwellian statement:

The INDECT Project, dedicated to creation of Intelligent information system supporting observation, searching and detection for security of citizens in urban environment...

Sounds a bit Gestapoish without the underlined part, doesen't it?

Heres some of the nifty beahavioural detection functions:
-Loitering
-Gatherings
-Running
-Moving quickly
-Public transport -a person sitting for more than one cycle
-Airport -a person sitting for too long, -walking in wrong direction
-Audio -profanities, vulgarisms

edit on 10-9-2010 by lynxlynx because: Findings from the documents..

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Julian Assange, the Pirate Party...

Why is it that the people who are truly doing something for the betterment of their fellow men are hackers?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
As i recently commented elsewhere, i thought i should point out that this was implemented and is currently still in operation as a beta in disguise as c4i. Since i had some association with the then project during the 2004 year, it was exactly how it is being described within the pdf's.

Its effectiveness was an eye opener even for me, what did raise eyebrows was its ability to analyze a raise in body temp's and within a certain proximity it is able to hone in one's pulse beat hum while excluding external noise distortion in open area's. Many in the U.K. have well accepted that there are so called cctv cameras, but most are oblivious to the fact that certain cameras around sensitive areas are not cctv's but are devices that record biometrics internal and external.

As a gesture of goodwill and who ever comes across this thread, i suggest you take a look within the link. So sit back get comfortable and prepare yourself.
Link1
Link2
Link3

new topics

top topics

join