It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Case on Vaccinations settled out of court for $1.5 Million Dollars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hannah Poling received a series of vaccinations for a variety of diseases. Hannah's family was trying to protect her, but they believed they may have did her in. Apparently, the Federal government silently agrees with this assertion.

The Federal government settled out of court on the case of Hannah Poling's descent into autism after a series of shots. She received $1.5 million for the first year, and a subsequent $500,000 annually for the rest of her natural life.

she was vaccinated against nine diseases in one doctor's visit: measles, mumps, rubella, polio, varicella, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, and Haemophilus influenzae. Afterward, her health declined rapidly. She developed high fevers, stopped eating, didn't respond when spoken to, began showing signs of autism, and began having screaming fits. In 2002, Hannah's parents filed an autism claim in federal vaccine court. Five years later, the government settled the case before trial and had it sealed. It's taken more than two years for both sides to agree on how much Hannah will be compensated for her injuries.

CBS News

Doctors on behalf of the courts determined in an investigation of her illness that she had a rare genetic defect, which the vaccinations exasperated and triggered the autism symptoms.

The federal government, while issuing out a settlement, refused to consider this a victory for the vaccine-autism advocates. In a press statement, they declared:

"The government has made absolutely no statement indicating that vaccines are a cause of autism. This does not represent anything other than a very specific situation and a very sad situation as far as the family of the affected child."

One has to wonder; this court case was about attribution of fault. If the government felt that had a strong enough case to link her "rare genetic condition" as the instigator, and not the vaccines themselves, why would you settle? Why set precedent?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Wow, nothing says I don't want this to go to trial like settling out of court and the settlement amount suggests they believe they shoulder much of the blame.

edit on 10-9-2010 by slane69 because: word usage

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

While this is big news, do not expect much attention, as usual sensationalism will take away from this every important news to anybody that have given away their new born children to the big pharma vaccination spree, American is the nation where children have the most vaccines in the world and still we don't rank any better than any country on childhood mortality and slowly are becoming the fattest and most diabetic nation in the world.

Big pharma is big money, so they can hide anything they want with the blessing of our corrupted corporate government from the rest of the nation.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
In the first place, what parent, or doctor in their right mind would give a child vaccination for 9 ...NINE...diseases in one visit. These shots are to be given about 6 weeks after birth in a series of one shot every month for the next three months.

My daughter developed seizures after the second shot, which was DPT (diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus)and I have since then refused her receiving any more shots. She too developed some of the signs of Autism, and to this day at the age of 21, I found out she has Asbergers Syndrome.

I am glad that there will be monies available for Hanna to address her problems, and those responsible for giving her the Autism should be held morally responsible as well. The Autism as I see it was caused by the drugs, no matter what anyone says.

~holly

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't believe this is a case positive for vaccinations causing autism. I'd say most of the evidence of that has been debunked pretty thoroughly by now. I do think it is damning that the government had rather settle for a $20 million dollar payout then let it continue through court. I think it shows how dangerous mishandling of vaccination treatments can be, and how little doctors (apparently) know about proper procedure.

top topics

join