It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are Muslim you can opt out of the Obamacare health care reform laws with no penalties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
From the article:

If you are Muslim you can opt out of the Obamacare health care reform laws with no penalties

Yes yes another thread with the word "muslim" in it, but a thinking person will realize that this isn't about Muslims at all, well mostly, but about government favoritism to certain religious groups or certain groups.

Isn't this nice. If you are of the Muslim religion, you don't have to give all the new Obamacare healthcare reform regulations and penalties another thought. Because the concept of being compelled to participate in such a healthcare program offends Islamic sensibilities, Muslims are specifically exempt. As a matter of fact if you are Amish, American Indian or a Chistian Scientist you do not need to participate or pay the taxes associated with healthcare reform. That means not having to be forced to buy healthcare insurance, not paying the taxes or the penalties if you don't get it. Nice!

—In the case of an individual who is seeking an exemption certificate under section 1311(d)(4)(H) from any requirement or penalty imposed by section 5000A, the following information: In the case of an individual seeking exemption based on the individual’s status as a member of an exempt religious sect or division, as a member of a health care sharing ministry, as an Indian, or as an individual eligible for a hardship exemption, such information as the Secretary shall prescribe.” Senate Bill, H.R. 3590, pages 273-274

Why do particular religious groups get to claim hardship for anything? I thought that the first amendment prevents laws respecting particular religions.

There are several reasons why an individual could claim exemption, being a member of a religion that does not believe in insurance is one of them. Islam is one of those religions. Muslims believe that health insurance is “haraam”, or forbidden; because they liken the ambiguity and probability of insurance to gambling. This belief excludes them from any of the requirements, mandates, or penalties set forth in the bill

Maybe I should make up some religion that claims offense to big government ideals and maybe I can get away with stuff.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Bogus report. Muslim is not mentioned in the bill.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Second!
Just more conservative bias trying to get them against supporting the health care bill.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yes it's a lie. The right has to often lie to it's base to whip them up into a frenzy. It's sad really to see so many really fervent people who have no sense of direction or no understanding of things get led around by the nose by the likes of Palin, Beck and their ilk.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

But "exempt religious sects" are mentioned in the bill. Why do some groups get exemption?

And some muslims have issued fatwas against having insurance. What are the chances that the government will offend a fatwa?

edit on 10-9-2010 by wutone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Insurance is gambling, plain and simple. Some religions forbid gambling. You can't force people to gamble.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Care to list the health care bill then?
Thank you for your time!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Does that mean anyone can claim to be against gambling and not participate in Obama-care?

Or just certain religious groups?

Or does the first amendment not apply?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If this is true it looks like I am going to convert religion so I don't have to deal with that crap.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

well the way I read it

it means the gov has to approve and issue an exemption
certificate in order to by-pass Obamacare. It would seem
that Islam is considered to be on that list even if it is
not mentioned in the law itself. It meets the eligibility
requirements for the add.

So if you were trying to start your own religion or sect
to bypass this law. It would also require the gov
to issue an exemption certificate or else you have
to pay like everybody else. Many will see this as
a loophole, however I don't as the gov says who
can be on the list and who can't.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
The right has to often lie to it's base to whip them up into a frenzy.

And the left doesn't?
Man-made global warming comes to mind.
The right may have Palin and Newt (Pillsbury doughboy) but the left has keith Oblabla and Obamessiah.
No difference.

Originally posted by wutone
And some muslims have issued fatwas against having insurance. What are the chances that the government will offend a fatwa?

Not a chance they'll complain when people 'opt out' due to Islam.
Obama bends over backwards for Islam AND the gov't has been running scared of them for years.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

By the time we get any healthcare reform like the people wanted, Obama will an ex-president. You should change the name to Hippy Healthcare or something the republicans will like. I don't know much about it. I heard it is nothing like Britain's or Canada's healthcare. Just more money grubbers trying to get a piece of the medical pie. My paycheck is due to 90% medicaid payments, we have socialized medicine already.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
To those of you jealous of free people for not having to be slaves to the government, rather than trying to ENSLAVE the rest of us who haven't become chained up like YOU have, why don't you FREE YOURSELVES INSTEAD???

Pathetic really. Instead of freeing yourself, you just sit and gripe that everyone else should be in chains.

Thats how brainwashed people have become. They want everyone enslaved just like they are. Then things will finally be "fair". It's so backwards.

Now we have people demanding the government clamp down and erase religions basically. Because forcing this crap on these religions WILL eradicate them and turn all of their followers into basic everyday gamblers like everyone else...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

How can one be free without griping about something?

Should we all just shut up that certain groups are left alone while others get the bill and the shaft?

Or maybe we should strap on bombs to voice our opinions instead?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I want to see someone get out of Ohio's mandatory auto insurance law. In fact can anyone in the US say their State doesn't require auto insurance? Plus I think it would have more to do with the Amish or Menonites than the Muslims.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

The Amish don't drive cars. Therefore they avoid the "mandatory" auto insurance law.

See? Getting out of it is easier than you think.

Just pay someone else to drive you places. AKA Hire a Taxi.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I want to see someone get out of Ohio's mandatory auto insurance law.

Good point, here in australia insurance is included in our vehicle rgistration fee, infact its about 70% of the total which is around $500 a year..
BTW, that doesnt include car damage insurance etc, just injuries...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Having spent a lot of my working life in muslim countries,

I like to see someone there try for an exemption from one of their laws..

Not a chance in hell.......

Although they do have laws that only apply to muslims, such as drinking etc, but thats a religious issue.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

But "exempt religious sects" are mentioned in the bill. Why do some groups get exemption?

edit on 10-9-2010 by wutone because: (no reason given)

"Exempt religious sects" is not restricted to Muslims. Christians, Jews, Athiests, and JabbaWabba religions are all equally protected under the law if they are registered as religions and they follow the proper protocol to claim their exemption.

People are gunning for Muslims right now, and it is true that Muslims are part of this equation. If they were targeting Christians or Athiests or Witches or Communists, then the same 3 words could be extrapolated to point out the victim of the day.

Personally, I will not participate in ObamaCare, unless, through research of my own, I find it to be beneficial to my family. If I like it, I will participate, if I don't like it, I will find the loopholes such as this one. Hell, I can invent a religion, ordain myself online, file our religious edicts and 501(c)-3 corporate paperwork, and I can do just about whatever I want!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Snopes covered just this exemption in detail here..

www.snopes.com...

top topics

join