It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was San Bruno "natural gas explosion" a meteorite?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
A bit off-topic, but this is one of the reasons why I no longer trust the government/corporate media to tell us what's going on:

Military Hush-Up: Incoming Space Rocks Now Classified
By Leonard David
SPACE.com's Space Insider Columnist
posted: 10 June 2009

For 15 years, scientists have benefited from data gleaned by U.S. classified satellites of natural fireball events in Earth's atmosphere – but no longer.

A recent U.S. military policy decision now explicitly states that observations by hush-hush government spacecraft of incoming bolides and fireballs are classified secret and are not to be released, SPACE.com has learned.

The satellites' main objectives include detecting nuclear bomb tests, and their characterizations of asteroids and lesser meteoroids as they crash through the atmosphere has been a byproduct data bonanza for scientists.

The upshot: Space rocks that explode in the atmosphere are now classified.

"It's baffling to us why this would suddenly change," said one scientist familiar with the work. "It's unfortunate because there was this great synergy...a very good cooperative arrangement. Systems were put into dual-use mode where a lot of science was getting done that couldn't be done any other way. It's a regrettable change in policy."

www.space.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

The size of the crater is bigger than I gathered from the pictures; it's really quite amazing.

It's nice to know you're not as closed minded as I initially perceived you to be and are able and willing to deny ignorance.

I agree with you regarding the trust issues with the media but that creates its own challenge. What is a trustworthy news source? MSM, local news, independent news, news blog, eye witness account? There's an inherent problem with trusting any and all of them honestly. Even multiple sources can still get their news from one source and then there's the issues of any of them being biased, yet that's what we have to use to either support or oppose whatever we're trying to debate. It puts everyone in a suspended fantasy state of limbo; or something like that.

Having said that, I remember reading about the Incoming Space Rocks Now Classified last year. I tend to interpret it differently though. From the quote it states that "scientists have benefited from data gleaned by U.S. classified satellites of natural fireball events in Earth's atmosphere". It quite clearly states that technically they've always been classified so sensationalizing the title to say that they're now classified isn't really true. The satellites were observing fireballs within the atmosphere that are still observable by other means, so it's not like they could hide knowledge of predicting something as they're already here in the atmosphere. They also admit in the quote that this was a byproduct for scientists. I suspect that there was a bit of work going through the imagery and extracting the information for the scientists that time, budgets, workloads or other reasons no longer allowed.

I still hold my opinion of media that I stated above, paying close attention in this example to the bias of any media. I tend to trust space.com as a source although maybe not so much when they're discussing the political side of things instead of discoveries and observations. I just wikied space.com and found out that it was founded by CNN anchor Lou Dobbs and Rich Zahradnik. Take that for whatever it's worth to you but everybody has an agenda and wants to stir the pot for their own reasons.

reply to post by ATLien

The noise issue has been discussed from a few perspectives so far with the majority apparently accepting and agreeing to the cause. I feel confident in saying it was indeed the gas line mimicking the noise of an airplane. I challenge you to take my audio test a few posts up.

edit on 9/12/2010 by Three_moons because: spelling

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The morning news in the MSM has quoted a person named Hart from the NTSB as being in the process of tracking down 'rumors' of smelling of gas leaks. Witness reports are still coming in mostly describing the intense heat that warped doors etc. NTSB is also on the hunt for residents that may have noticed dead or dying vegetation prior. The disturbing news, to me, is that the section of pipe found 100 feet from the crater and the two sections on either end of the crater are now being shipped to Washington. That's the black hole where nothing comes out. California has some of the finest minds in the fields required to puzzle this out. California also still has some respected off MSM holdouts. IMO.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Remember what the government did occasionally in Orwell's 1984?
They would fire 'rockets' (missiles) into civilian areas to keep them on their toes.

I'm not saying this is my conclusion, but this seems just as likely as a meteor strike.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

it was shipped to washington because it is a federal agency that oversees pg and e, ultimately.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ouroborus2012

It is just crazy how when tptb dont have an answer they can lie and then stick with the lie and create more lies to cover up the... well you know what I mean.

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a toosie pop?

Ah one, ah two, ah...

The world may never know...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Ouroborus2012

It is just crazy how when tptb dont have an answer they can lie and then stick with the lie and create more lies to cover up the... well you know what I mean.

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a toosie pop?

Ah one, ah two, ah...

The world may never know...

so you think that its a 'lie' that this was a meteor?

or was it a 'lie' that is was a gas explosion?

i think It is just crazy how when people here dont have an answer they can make blind assumptions and then stick with the blind assumptions in the face of relevant data... well you know what I mean.

edit on 14-9-2010 by justadood because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join