It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was San Bruno "natural gas explosion" a meteorite?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hmmm... a "flash of flame that crossed the sky." Move along folks, nothing to see here...

Residents tell of start of San Bruno inferno

Henry Sanchez was driving home from his three kids' back-to-school night at a nearby school when he approached the intersection of Claremont and Glenview.

He looked through the windshield where just a few blocks ahead of him a flash of flame crossed the sky, followed by a deafening explosion.

His three kids were at home doing homework - and located directly on the other side of the fireball, which seemed to reach 100 feet into the sky.

He took back roads to avoid the geyser of fire, and found his kids outside on the street.

"They were terrified," he said.

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2010/09/10/MNQ11FBN3G.DTL

Since when are 300-foot meteorite impact craters not newsworthy? I guess the MSM had more important stories, like Paris Hilton's arrest:

Colombia: 'Giant fireball' was a meteorite
Monday, 06 September 2010, 07:56 Kirsten Begg

Colombian authorities confirmed that a "giant fireball" that fell from the sky in the Santander department, central Colombia, was a meteorite.

The Colombian media has been buzzing with eye witness accounts of the fireball, which caused a massive explosion at 3:15PM local time Sunday.

Andina.com reported that Bucaramanga Mayor Fernando Vargas confirmed that the phenomenon was a meteorite that left a crater 100 meters in diameter when it crashed into the earth in the San Joaquin municipality in Santander.

Colombian air force helicopters were commissioned to fly over the area to try to locate the source of the explosion.

The director of the University of Nariño's Astronomic Observatory, Alberto Quijano, told RCN Radio Sunday that he believed the object was a meteorite.

In rural areas of Santander, police received reports that the explosion had shattered windows in the area.

colombiareports.com...

Interesting timing on this warning from a Canadian Space Agency astronaut:

Asteroid warning: Get ready for the big one, astronauts say
Published On Sun Sep 05, 2010
Peter Rakobowchuk, The Canadian Press

MONTREAL—Canadian and American astronauts say the world should already be preparing for the big one — the asteroid that could some day strike the Earth causing death and destruction.

“You're just sticking your head in the sand if you think the world will live out its entire natural life until the end of our sun and never be hit by another big rock,” Canada's Chris Hadfield said in an interview.

“That's just foolishness. That's just ignorance.”

The Canadian Space Agency astronaut is the current president of the Association of Space Explorers (ASE), which submitted a report to the United Nations outlining a detailed plan to deal with any asteroid threat.

“We're rolling the dice that the big one is not coming right away,” Hadfield warned.

www.thestar.com...

edit on 9/10/2010 by GoldenFleece because: fixed link

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I heard them talking about some kind of explosion and a crater being left behind. Not one of the news reporters said anything about their being a possible asteroid/meteorite that caused it, instead, they said it was most likely accidental or an 'act of terrorism' . Disgusting.

Way to be heads up on this one, there's been too many of these type of events to simply ignore it.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

This is the first place I'm hearing your account of a meteorite hitting. The going story right now is that it was a gas explosion, as you know.

What I find interesting about that story is they only have one person (that I saw) on the news talking about smelling gas and reporting it.

Very, very interesting.

I'll keep an eye on this one.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Everyone knows where I stand on the media. I have looked at my ats home recently and noticed I am bankrupt, so maybe I have been censored and my efforts are wasted. Nonetheless, I saw early viddy feeds taken right after the event, and there appeared to be streaks hanging in the sky which indicated something came from the sky. I saw no images under a google search for 'san bruno meteorite', and blogs under that heading were frozen.

The satanic media cannot allow anything that smacks of God, whether it is a miracle, or a catastrophe. They ignore it just like some ignore the essence or meaning of a vast conspiratorial subject.

The media will only allow what helps tptb. Brad pitt wears 10,000 dollar cargo slacks, yes, and here's britney's snatch, but never ever allow mention, allusion to, or coverage of an act of God. The Colombia event is essentially blocked. You cannot find blogs which are coherent on the subject. Therefore, I expect, this is cass sunstein at work squelching 'rumors that spread like wildfire', right under our nose, in his role as information pig.

Yes they can.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

This is the first place I'm hearing your account of a meteorite hitting. The going story right now is that it was a gas explosion, as you know.

What I find interesting about that story is they only have one person (that I saw) on the news talking about smelling gas and reporting it.

Based on the use of plural in this article, it seems to indicate several reports of gas smell:

As homes still smoldered in a San Bruno neighborhood after a gas line ruptured and sparked a massive inferno Thursday, residents in the area said they had complained about a gas smell for weeks. People who live in the in the Crestmoore neighborhood told reporters they had complained to Pacific Gas and Electric about the smell of gas in the area and wondered why the utility had apparently not done anything about it. Tim Guiterrez, who lives in the neighborhood, said he was one of those who told PG&E about a distinct smell of gas. Guiterrez said a representative from the utility was in the neighborhood last week and told people to shut their garage doors and stay inside as they looked into the complaint. PG&E President Chris Johns said at a news conference Friday morning that they are looking into reports and will go over their records from the phone calls about the complaints.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
I saw no images under a google search for 'san bruno meteorite', and blogs under that heading were frozen.

You'll soon see THIS THREAD under a 'San Bruno meteorite' search. Hopefully we'll get some local sky photographs and further expose the corrupt-to-the-core NASA and MSM.

Let this be an example of how much advance notice, assistance and information we'll get from our lovely corporate/government/media friends if something more serious was headed this way [cough, cough, Nibiru.]

edit on 9/10/2010 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Dude. meteor hits ground braking gas line and exploding. one you need alot of gas chambered and lumped togeather to make a 100 ft fire ball. two you need a flame to ignite the gas. if the pipe just bursted it would not blow up just leak gas till ignited.

I think a meteor hit it and with its intence heat ignited the pipe.

edit on 10-9-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I don't know about a meteorite, but in this vid you hear people and eyewitnesses talking about how they saw a plane crash, while officials say there was not plane involved (this conversation starts at around 8.00 in the vid, it's a long one... just listen at the people talking in the background)

edit on 10/9/2010 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
PG&E really needs to do something about those exploding gas lines in the sky:

Stephanie Mullen, Associated Press news editor for photos based in San Francisco, was attending children's soccer practice with her two children and husband at Crestmoor High School when she saw the blast.

"First, it was a low deep roar and everybody looked up, and we all knew something big was happening," she said.

"Then there was a huge explosion with a ball of fire that went up behind the high school several thousand feet into the sky."

news.yahoo.com...

A ball of fire "several thousand feet" into the sky? Damn, is someone putting C-4 into the gas lines?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I am not going to get into any bickering over this but my first impression was that it could have been caused by a metor, but why would they hide the fact?

It seemed like the news had just come out sunday of two metorites headed within so many miles from earth.

Could this had been a fragment of those I wondered?

Really, I hate not being able to trust the msm at all.

People it is time for real, honest citizen based news we can count on.

Remember the whole JT thing? He said that in the future that is how it is. That people entertain themselves and dont rely on the big over paid celebrities for their enjoyment and pleasure, so I figure the same with the news.

Lets get on with it.

I think your OP is plausible.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hrmm. I'm far away in the EU, but I lived in that area before.. not that it matters.. but this story caught my on in the gym this morning. We have a thing called "NoComment" on EuroNews.. where they show raw video with no sound. I saw "San Bruno, CA" and as I watched the video feed, my 1st thought was "meteor".. dunno sometimes i just get an inkling.. if you will.. Funny that a meteor was supposedly reported to hit Columbia last week.. not that they are related in anyway.. unless its a secret war of some sort.. some beam weapon? Here is a story of people reporting the event with folks talking about the intense heat and sounds...
www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2010/09/10/MNQ11FBN3G.DTL (copy after the link dies to complete the url.. hrm) - or search SFGATE for: "San Bruno fire - residents tell how it started"

Read more: www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2010/09/10/MNQ11FBN3G.DTL#ixzz0z9svg3O8

I'm not trying to make light of this issue, but I'm wondering about weatherwars, scaler weapons and secret experiments.. maybe it was a gas explosion.. but i kinda agree with the 68 Camero... something fell, and hit a gas line. Did it leave a crater?
anyway here is a video I found...ok thats all.. ciao 4 now RDDS:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by revdrdrsunshine
something fell, and hit a gas line. Did it leave a crater?

Oh yeah.

CBS 5 Photographer Goes To Explosion Epicenter:

"The crater is 40-50 feet in diameter, 15 feet deep. Complete devastation for blocks and blocks. The energy was so intense that the street has been reduced to nothing but a dirt path. The asphalt has been melted, burned off, straight to the dirt. It looks like something you'd see in Iraq or Afghanistan."

Quite the 'natural gas explosion.'

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Was scouring vids & pics lookin for a shot of this crater...FOUND IT! A lot of the vids on YouTube right now are of the initial reports that came it. Lots of people swearing it was a plane crash....meteorite theory makes much more sense though, especially when you take into consideration the fact that if part of the pipe explodes and catches fire....EVERYTHING attached to it will. Including every home in the area with gas run to it. The damage would've been much wider (i.m.o).

Here's the link I found with really good pics of the crater, etc.

California Blast looks like "Hell on Earth"

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Recently, I have noticed that print reports coming across are not reporting facts as they are. Why? I don't know. I suspect there is some international crack down on print media so as to keep the masses happy and unaware. Since the masses are already happy and unaware.... hmmmm. My guess is that we are in for a bumpy ride with all sorts of crap raining down on us from the heavens. The plan seems to be to deny that meteor strikes are meteor strikes.

But then again, who knows anymore? Since I expect mainstream print media to lie about everything anyway, I am almost at the point that if they write it was a gas main explosion then it most definitely was not such and explosion.

Praying for the souls crossing over from San Bruno is where my attention will be for the next several days.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

Can't see no crater.

Which picture?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar, good thinking with the 2 meteors that were passing between the earth and the moon.. I forgot about that! If it was indeed a meteor, it seems plausible that it could have a been some fragments from that!!

Wonder what a cover up would be about though?? Perhaps "whomever" would want to get in there and get samples/fragments before anybody else??? Sleight of hand, perhaps?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

I am not an expert by any means but to me, that picture of the 'crater', does not look like an impact crater, it looks like an explosion from underneath. I'm sure once we start seeing pictures that were taken in daylight, it will be easier to tell.

Edit to add: Here are some good pictures from the LA Times. I'm not sure now of what my opinion is on the crater. framework.latimes.com...#/0

edit on 10-9-2010 by Brandyfro because: edited to add new link with photos

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Pictures of the site of the explosion.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
August so far has been eventful with the stand down order on NEO tracking starting off the month and then on to Columbia with a crater that the mayor describes with measurements but, according to MSM, can't be found and the 2 supposedly every day occurrence asteroids flying between the earth and the moon and now this.

Seems to me, more and more, like it was a meteorite. The evidence is building thanks to the OP, ATS and eyewitness reports. Perhaps MSM and TPTB can be shamed into truthfullness, if I'm right. Doubt if PG&E is going to want to hand out money for what is in insurance known as a natural calamity...maybe there will be a future money trail to follow on this one, if I'm right: we might look for government money paid to PG&E and then to the victims. (If I'm right.)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandyfro

Would an underground explosion leave a huge oval-shaped crater?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b2ac4a88e38.jpg[/atsimg]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join