It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the meaning of your username

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well, mine started out as a name given to myself as a kinda spirit name. I was reading a book and they would spell Merlin as Merdin. I guess because of the old Gaelic spelling of the name....D was pronounced as a L.

That's how the Merdin part became.

In Irish tradition (if this is wrong...please correct me), Mc means daughter of and Mac means son of.

So, putting the two together...MacMerdin means son of Merlin. I also use the name for online gaming.....plus it is so unique that I use it for everything now.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
My Name was suposed to be "Reality Bites" But for somereason the Site wouldn't take it way back when I signed up. So I chose Curiosity, because I'm natrual Curious

~

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
if not the name you use on ATS, what is the weirdest username youve ever used?

mine would be bahhhTIMMY, my old AIM name, i loved timmy from south park so i made the name. i also had CheerUpEmoKids, which is self explanatory

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I made Moanmonkey and Machinegunlemur.

Machinegunlemur was the result of a metal gear solid name generator and then Moanmonkey came about when a friend greeted me online with "hey my moan"

He meant man but I ran with it and lemur is too complicated for some folk so I used monkey.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Self explainatory....

An old gilfriend used to call me "The Magnificent Monkey Boy" for my creative use of furniture in the search for a path across a room without touching the floor
much fun !!! all should try !!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
hahhahahah! nice one todd!

someone once decided that my new name was hillary. why? because my name is libby, bob dole was running against clinton, doles wife was named libby, clintons wife named hillary.

weird, but it lasted a few months!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
[Edited on 1-7-2004 by oddtodd]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   

[Edited on 7-1-04 by Scat]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
[Edited on 1-7-2004 by oddtodd]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I feel at home in Cornwall, I have an affinity with the indigenous fae of the West Country -The pixies or, as the Cornish say 'Piskies'. Also I have a somewhat mischievous nature - just like the pixies
, Hence the name I took here in ATS.

In olden days, Cornish country people believed that they shared their lovely land with another, more elusive population of piskies.

Not so many years ago, one could ask any really old soul whose days had been spent in Cornwall and get a sure description of any of these little creatures and what they got up to. First there were the prankish, teasing, laughing, heel-kicking piskies who, some declare, came with the saints from Ireland, while others say that they are the souls of virtuous pagans from times yet deeper in the past. (thats me
) There are those, too, who believe the piskies were once the gods of pre-Christian Cornwall ... Whatever their origins, the piskies - or Pisky as he is called, for he usually works alone - are as good a people as they are mischievous, helping the aged and infirm in their household tasks, threshing the corn on a moonlit night, plaiting the pony's mane for stirrups and riding it wildly the night through.

Pixy Folk

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I have been

With all the pixyness lately.

Your great but I need a change of paganry.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
You can never have too much pixyness

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
You can never have too much pixyness

True.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I feel bad for other tiny creatures, nobody give the same amount of love to gnomes as the do to pixies. and personally, i find garden gnomes much more mischieveous, no offense pisky

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
I feel bad for other tiny creatures, nobody give the same amount of love to gnomes as the do to pixies. and personally, i find garden gnomes much more mischieveous, no offense pisky

I think that you may see a Pixie headed gnome in the near future.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
'hedda'-Teutonic for 'war'
'hetha'-Danish variant for 'heathen' or 'heath-dweller'
'hethla'-Gaelic variant for 'hearth'
'Hettie'-modern variant of same name

I use all three on different boards and sites. It is taken from my namesake, who was a tenth century Queen of Denmark, after the Battle of Bravalla,(written about briefly in Saxo's, 'History Of the Danes'.) I could say alot about her and her life, but I leave that up to the book I wrote, as an anthology of her life and times. 'Shield Maiden: Daughter Of The Heath' is the title, due to be copyrighted by the US Library of Congress and published very soon.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Let's break this one down....

Enron....obvious, but in the meaning of my entire name, it can be taken as anyone who screws over their work force...

Outrun...See how long you can outrun the powers that be and how much money in bribes you can pay to get those annoying judges, attorneys and "bad" press of your back

Homerun...They beat the system and score a goal for team Losers

That's pretty much what was going thru my head when I strung the words together....I was thinking it had a little more of a rhyme to it when I typed it in and hit "continue"....of course now I can see that it not only doesn't rhyme but is excessively long
- But I like it....if you can't remember it all, I don't care - call me Enron, EOH, or my real name if ya want - Lee - it's all gravy

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Stuey1221, My names Stuart or Stu, Stuey i got called by my neice and its stuck and everywhere else ive signed up too hasn't got a 1221 so i just add those 4 numbers on, simple

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Mrmonsoon,
Monsoon was a brand of speakers. I had found a pair in Circuit City and thought they were the best sounding computer speakers I had ever heard (magnaplaner type). When I went online to their site, I found their top of the line MM-200 a 4.1 system and ordered it. To this day I think they are the best quality sounding speaker for the computer. Others may be louder, but not better quality sounding. Aynway so I am Mrmonsoon.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Deus ex machina- Greek expression meaning "God from a machine". Like the Machien Mother! Oh...but my psychotic delusions aren't what I'm trying to explain. It was a reference to a system of pulleys which would lower an actor onstage in Ancient greece, leading to a very artificial end to a play. The ending wot is artificial and bad is the most common use of the expression outside of the gaming community.

Deus Ex- God From. Anyone familiar with the game will know that it is as addictive as crack, and will make you think more than you could possibly expect.

I chose the name because A) The game is damn cool, and what brought me to ATS to begin with. B) I'm a posthumanistic bastard with aspirations of being more can than man, and C) my computational device is where I get most of everything from.

Does that explain it?

DE

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join