It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karma Vs Fate?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Good job.

This post is a battle against free will and fate. This thread might go till New Years Eve.

Example: I went to the store today and bought some beer. I saw the Scratchcards for sale and asked the clerk if anyone ever wins the 10,000 prize? He said well I don't know- I did win 10,000 three years ago on a five dollar scratcher. I asked what he spent it on and...

Did I buy one? No. Should I have? This is my never ending point, to the OP.

P.S. If there was a third sibilance that I missed, please let me know.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Karma and FATE can coincide with each other.

Karma can either help your fate or worsen your fate.

Fate is just set in stone.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
Karma and FATE can coincide with each other.

Karma can either help your fate or worsen your fate.

Fate is just set in stone.

That's a contradiction, how can Karma help or worsen your fate as in your words it's "set in stone"?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well, the way I see, it's a bit of both. And even a bit of free will involved as well.

Yes, I've no basis of fact for this, so please don't ask me to prove anything here. This is just my opinion.

So, Karma then first. Let's leave the delectable question of Fate, for last.
From a logical point of view, you can see Karma in the sense that every action as an equal and opposite reaction. Perhaps not as this premise was originally intended, but it works to explain the way I see it.
You do good things, people see you're doing good things, God, the universe; whatever you might wish to call it, also sees these things. And hence, they act accordingly. Even if you don't believe in God, or whichever name you might call said being; then there are still other people who may become aware of you doing good things.
Wouldn't you, personally, be inclined to be nice to someone, even give them things, if they did the same to you? Certainly, you wouldn't to someone who mistreats you constantly.
So, in that sense, yes, karma exists; as sure as there's oxygen in the air.

And then, of course, there's Fate.
Now I've thought about Fate a lot in my life. My views of it has changed as I've grown older, as well as with everything that I've been through, and that has effected me. And this is also what I like to call, "my contradictory nature", because I believe in both Fate, and free will.
I think you make your choices, I think you live with them; or are able to, hopefully. You choose to be good. You choose to better yourself, better the world; or make everything worse and live your existence with no thought of others. But, saying that, I think we still move within a framework. A grander scheme, if you'll permit the cliché.
Yet I think that even that scheme is not always set in stone, but that it keeps it shape after a fashion.
For instance, say you're planning a journey. You plot certain points, certain things along the way that you'd like to see. Now some people will simply take the shortest route there, the highway, or whatever; this isn't a very eloquent metaphor. But others will take turn-offs, simply to see what's down that road.
Both will invariably reach the same point, but the manner in which they reach this will be drastically different. And this is how I believe Fate may work. Not as imprisonment, to be puppets. But points set for us to learn the important things that we should along the way.

But that's just my view of it anyway.

Oh, and hello! I'm new here

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

you have to believe in reincarnation. Your past lives mistakes can venture forth into your next life. Some people have it some people don't. So if you kill 3000 people in a past life and not get affected by it. Then in the next life you will be in a worse situation. I have been through a lot spiritually and figured this out on my own.

Even Cheiromancy can prove fate exists.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

you have to believe in reincarnation. Your past lives mistakes can venture forth into your next life. Some people have it some people don't. So if you kill 3000 people in a past life and not get affected by it. Then in the next life you will be in a worse situation. I have been through a lot spiritually and figured this out on my own.

Even Cheiromancy can prove fate exists.

I'm not denying your own experiences mate but I don't believe in reincarnation to be honest so for me that argument doesn't wash.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
"Fate and temperament are two words for one and the same concept." -Hesse

One is ruled by fate the second they are born into the world and what people refer to as Karma is simply the oscillations of a person's energy around a central purpose one would call Fate.

The fact that one person is fated to be "bad", that his life energies irresistibly revolve around the sordid aspects of existence that most people have an aversion to, has nothing to do with Karma and everything to do with the vital components that lay at the center of his being and what is used to feed those components.

The fact that another person is fated to be "good" has nothing to do with their personal choices and everything to do with the circumstances their nervous systems can subsist on. Their proclivity for the "good" is directly related to their temperament to exist in that particular aspect of existence or "pole" whose perspective is relative to all other poles.

Bad and good are just subjective social constructs to order the world, the best way to order the world being dichotomy, right and wrong, good and evil, etc.. The primordial ooze from whence we come is amoral and has no need for such arbitrary distinctions.

Like the psychologist Abraham Maslow, the father of self-actualization, said "A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be."

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

yes, I guess you are one of the few types that believe we only live "once". Our souls just disappear forever. It takes one lifetime to learn something.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

yes, I guess you are one of the few types that believe we only live "once". Our souls just disappear forever. It takes one lifetime to learn something.

Incorrect.

I don't believe that we live only once, but I also don't believe that we become "re-born" as someone or something else entirely.

By the way, the operative word here is believe

Just because you believe in reincarnation doesn't mean it's fact...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

This is also why I think criminals are "closer" to their true selves and more in-tune with the universe because a criminal has no illusions about life. They are told they are bad, they know they are bad, and they know there is nothing they can do to change this. One can only be conscience haunted, repentant, and have faith in the higher order of things provided by religion. They are the true saviors of the world.

Whereas someone classified by society as a "good citizen" holds all sorts of illusions about their goodness. They mistake a trick of fate with an absolute of magnanimity and righteous personal choice. They are insulated from deprivation, insults, and humiliations, God's greatest tools to elicit truth and understanding, and so often live a lie and persist in ignorance for all their lives.

Also, if you tend to believe in the collective unconscious, we are all connected. All the thoughts, actions, and experiences encountered or created by one of us is experienced by all of us on a psychic level. With this in mind we all have criminal thoughts, those that would be classified on the negative end of the spectrum, yet it is only a select group of people that manifest these thoughts into actions and by so doing relieve the rest of humanity from the burden of consecrating these inevitable thoughts into reality. Not only that but it is only through the criminal act that the illusion of righteousness and "the good citizen" can be maintained by the rest of the population who otherwise would be forced to identify with their submerged evil desires.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

You can profess that inside of all "GOOD" people is an evil person struggling to escape and get out.
I say inside of every 'EVIL' person there is a good person struggling to get out.

I used to work around and with about twenty five obese people.
They started a club and on Fridays would wear a shirt that had the saying printed on it.

"Inside of me is a thin person struggling to escape."

So I started my own club and wore a shirt with the following saying printed on it:
"Inside of me is a fat obese person struggling to get out."

Criminals are criminals because they solve ordinary problems that ordinary people have, illegally.

Most people choose to solve their problems legally.
Criminals do otherwise.

Poor atempt at escaping the free wil, freedom of choice reality.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

There are no problems my unaware friend, only circumstances. You have a terribly limited view of the circumstances of life and that's ok, that's your purpose.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

BTW I am actually saying good people are good and evil people are evil. Although you would be hard pressed to see the difference between an exceptional evil person and an exceptional good person. At that level they all mingle together nicely.

edit on 13-9-2010 by AProphet1233 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join