It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your all-time most annoying, most hated TV/film character?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I loathe Tom Cruise and ever have since I saw Risky Business in the 80's. Will not watch a movie if he is in it.

Also, the guy from Pawn Stars, Rick, he really annoys me. That laugh of his drives me insane.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I've always had an enormous hatred for Tweety Bird. I always wished so badly that for just once Sylvester would catch that friggin bird and eat it. It is so annoying. A stupid voice, and I never knew if it was male or female.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
There was an episode where Wile E. Coyote actually did capture the Road Runner. But, he had either shrunk himself down, or grew the bird to be giant (can't remember which)....only that he's holding on to the leg, and holds up a sign, "I caught him, so now what?"....

I think it's the same one (or part of a special), where he's describing to two kids why he is after the Road Runner....

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

LOL Sorry my friend but i have to agree with Hefficide on this... I remember hearing all the remours before Return of the Jedi was released... how it was originally called "revenge of the jedi" but changed at the last minute... how we was going to see Boba Fett fly... and how there was going to be a great battle on the wookies homeworld...

WOW... just WOW...

Army’s of storm troopers taking on the rebels and wookies... AMAZING...

Then i went to see the movie... Somehow imperial troops, biker scouts and AT-ST's being defeated by a bunch of koala bear's, with sling shots and rocks, just didn’t have the wow factor... I was gutted...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That was the episode I put in my post

Your new Avatar scares me.
The other guy was much friendlier.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by BlackOps719

While I do see your point about the Ewoks, as they are cute and fluffy... Let me defend my position:

Jar Jar Binks is a by product of the Ewoks. If scifi fans would have made more of a stink about ewoks then good Mr. Lucas might have thought twice about trying to tap that "kiddie marketables" well again.

And, let's look at this another way. Return could have... should have been the greatest scifi movie of all time. It was primed to be just that. Empire left the door wide open for the darkest, most stark and moving tale that modern humanity had seen in generations. And faced with this, George Lucas gave us...muppets???

We already had a cool muppet in Yoda!

So, Jar Jar managed to taint a slightly above average science fiction movie or two. But the Ewoks killed a franchise!

I see your point, duly noted. But at least the Ewoks were sort of believable and kind of appealing, and they didnt speak in broken jive like Jar Jar binks, who sounded like a pimp from a bad 70's film. Yeah in hindsite they were sort of stupid and childish, but nothing could compare to the utter and complete stupidity that is Binks. And the Jedi film was a great movie, unlike they flaming piece of crap that the unmentionable one starred in.

If Boba Fet had militarized the Ewoks, then we would have been in business.

Also, Sly Snoodles should have had a bigger speaking role. That is all.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Any character played by David Spade is the most annoying thing on TV. (Jimmy Fallon is trying to steal away that distinction, thanks to his terrible Emmy show emceeing.)

Fran Drescher and that scratching the chalkboard voice of hers is very close too, along with Roseman in her later seasons on that show (name spelling done purposely).

Ricky Schroder was the child star I most wanted to punch in the face, making "Silver Spoons" painful to watch.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Ohhhh.... The humanity....

edit on 9/13/10 by Hefficide because: darned huge ewoks and stuff

I came to post the Nanny. I'm in 100% agreement with you there. But not the ewoks. Those dudes never did any harm. They just sort of hop around and act like teddy bears with weapons. Jar Jar Binks was much worse. What the hell is Goofy doing in a Star Wars movie?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7b2781604de.jpg[/atsimg]

Him.

And his stupid yellow glasses.

-TheAssoc.

edit on 16-9-2010 by TheAssociate because: Deliver THIS, Mcfeely!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Wil Weaton both as Wesley Crusher and his appearance in "Big Bang theory"

Picard(Patrick Stewart is a great actor,it's the character)

Kate Mulgrew as Captain Janeway

Howard from Big bang theory

Tom Cruise(hate him)

Leonardo DiCaprio

And the list goes on....

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I've got it....the worst of the worst....

"Screech" from Saved By The Bell.

"Steve Urkel" from Family Matters.

"Skippy" from Family Ties.

etc., etc.

(i.e. basically, the token nerd of the show, is even far more nerdy or geeky than ANY real life nerd)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I don't like Robbin Williams... ohhh gawd.... everything he's ever done has rubbed me the wrong way, don't think he's funny at all... so annoying!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

Kate Mulgrew as Captain Janeway

How dare you sire!!

I won't have a word said against Kate, not only was she Captain Janeway, but she was also Mrs Columbo.

Thats a quality body of work in anyones book

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Dr Zachary Smith (Jonathan Harris) from 'Lost in Space'.

Anything with Kirk Douglas, that hole in his chin used to make me cringe. Ruined Spartacus for me!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
With the mentions of Willie Coyote, and Sylvester not being able to catch their respective foes, reminded me of how much I hated the kids from the Trix cereal commercials.

I always thought that the rabbit was cooler and deserved to get some cereal, while the kids were being stupid brats and playing keep away.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Reviewing the thread I was struck by my post on the Kardashians.
I suppose it's one thing to hate a character (who isn't actually real), but when insulting reality TV stars it does seem like a gray area. I'd hate for Kim or Scott to read the insults and actually develop a complex, or feel bad.
Well, one doesn't know how "real" it is. Since each show has an intro, middle and conclusion it does come across as scripted, and the people do appear like actors.What one does read on the web is that what we believe to be "finality" are long resolved problems, so the soap-opera of their lives is like recent events to us, but allegedly they are all long reunited (and probably laughing all the way to the bank).
Is it OK to insult people just because they're rich?
Perhaps it's also the whole juxtaposition between the "honest" innocence of the commentary and the sexuality and stupidity portrayed.
The first episode has virtually professional pole-dancing by the underage sister (eventually dragged away by the dad - the older sisters are impressed by the Lolita-like performance), a liquored-up lecturing mother and copious references to Kim's packaged sex tape. So we have sex, implied pedophilia and alcohol abuse. It all points to dark things outside the normalizing dialogue.

As for Seventh Heaven, I was quite shocked to see an episode where the the older sister's boyfriend dates a girl for Valentine's Day who looks just like Mary. (Mary has been sent away to live with the Colonel in Buffalo because she had financial troubles and was a generally naughty adult, while her boyfriend is taken in because he was homeless.) Even the other gaggle of kids think it's uncanny and kinda perverse. It's actually implied that the dad might have had an illegitimate daughter. Is this ever followed up? I thought it was very dark, and now I think one must actually read between the lines. The kids are obsessed with "dating", and who is dating who, and everyone spies on each other relentlessly. What's really up with the Camdens?

And poor Matt (with his neurotic, jerky masculinity) goes for a psychiatric evaluation for his medical studies and ends up being councilled by a psychiatric patient, who turns out to be somewhat of a guru. Matt is impressed, and it seems this annoying, overbearing imposter (who insults Matt's hair - he mistakes gel for dirt) is the most sane person he's ever met. Not surprising.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join