It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. wins battle vs FDA, Big Pharma; can offer cancer cure

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I found the link to the trailer for this documentary. The documentary tells the story of Dr. Burzynski, who:

won the largest, and possibly the most convoluted and intriguing legal battle against the Food & Drug Administration in American history.

This is certainly a victory and progress into the right direction!

...his gene-targeted cancer medicines he discovered in the 1970's called Antineoplastons, which have currently completed Phase II FDA-supervised clinical trials in 2009 and could begin the final phase of testing in 2010—barring the ability to raise the required $150 million to fund them.

When Antineoplastons are approved, it will mark the first time in history a single scientist, not a pharmaceutical company, will hold the exclusive patent and distribution rights on a paradigm-shifting medical breakthrough.

from -- www.burzynskimovie.com

The videos below serve to give a general idea of what significance this has, especially for anyone diagnosed with types of brain cancer (normally found in children) that have been incurable with any other method, including radiation and chemotherapy. The medicines Dr. Burzynski developed are called Antineoplastons. (for related threads, search ATS for "antineoplastons") There is some overlap in the videos, so skip forward a bit if you are short on time.

The full documentary is not available online for free, and buying it does not contribute to the $150 million required to fund the final phase of the trials before being approved in the US. It appears that it will be approved in Japan before it is approved in the USA. (see the FAQ here for more info)

Opening Clip - "Burzynski"

The FDA meets Dr. Burzynski - from "Burzynski"

Cured: Brainstem Glioma brain cancer - Jessica Ressel - "Burzynski"

Brain Cancer Cured - Medulloblastoma - from "Burzynski"

Burzynski, The Movie - Trailer No. 1

Burzynski, The Movie - Trailer No. 2

Spread the word that there is a very effective treatment on the process to being approved!

edit on 10-9-2010 by glitchinmymatrix because: ATS did not translate the code for the Titles I put above some of the videos. trying to get it right

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

WOW! Someone knew a cancer cure and withheld it?

That person is a murderer.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

This story is much, much, MUCH more than that... an entire agency of the federal government, charged with:

www.fda.gov...

U S Department of Health and Human Services
U S Food and Drug Administration, Protecting and Promoting Your Health

ACTIVELY and CORRUPTLY going after and ruining chances of independent doctors' cancer CURES. This is infuriating.
. Yes it is murder, but not on a small scale of one person withholding treatment but of an ENTIRE AGENCY actively appling gestapo tactics to protect big Pharma's PROFITS.

This is a very, very important story and I thank OP for posting this.
S&F so more will see it.

Makes you wonder when the federal government is so very active in trying to quash proven cures for the benefit of big Pharma, if new treatment options like this will even be covered. For those looking forward to having the public plan, think about this...

The interview with the producer of the movie is also quite interesting... he, a mainstream movie professional, states that independent documentaries are now the vehicle by which information like this has to be distributed to the public because mainstream media cannot do it due to pressures placed on them by the government and big Pharma working in concert.

Do we still really believe that we don't live in a controlled gestapo environment?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Thank you to the original poster for bringing this to our attention.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I really cannot believe more people have not posted to this topic!!

My mom was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer in June. They removed the tumor and she is still recovering (and may be for another 6 months) after having a Whipple procedure. So, all cancer topics interest me. She had 15 lymph nodes removed and 4 were positive. She, absolutely, REFUSES to subject herself to the ravages of chemo and radiation. I support her 100%.

More and more I develop a bigger, more agressive hatred for our government!! Things like this contribute to my feeling of distrust and hatred. I will be buying this DVD and watch it with my mother. She has been awakening, slowly, to the corruption within this country. I want her to see how they are spending OUR money....trying to stop someone who just may be onto a cancer cure!!!

Heaven forbid that a lone doctor would be allowed to go forward with his research and developement of something that would destroy the outrageous profits being made with the, so-called, only treatment (chemo & radiation) that is, currently, offered to people like my mother......DAMN THEM!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Glad this Dr won. Hopefully many more people can be cured now instead of being further poisoned by chemo.

Remember that teenage boy who had cancer and his family was seeking alternative therapy for it , and the a judge made him get chemo.

bump this thread.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This is absolutely PARAMOUNT!

Imagine all the other cures the FDA and Big Pharma have blocked from becomming reality..

Bump! Flag and Star!

We need to get this out. Make it viral!

C'mon people. Someday, you too might be faced with or someone dear to you may be faced with cancer.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by catwhoknows

This story is much, much, MUCH more than that... an entire agency of the federal government, charged with:

www.fda.gov...

U S Department of Health and Human Services
U S Food and Drug Administration, Protecting and Promoting Your Health

ACTIVELY and CORRUPTLY going after and ruining chances of independent doctors' cancer CURES. This is infuriating.
. Yes it is murder, but not on a small scale of one person withholding treatment but of an ENTIRE AGENCY actively appling gestapo tactics to protect big Pharma's PROFITS.

This is a very, very important story and I thank OP for posting this.
S&F so more will see it.

Makes you wonder when the federal government is so very active in trying to quash proven cures for the benefit of big Pharma, if new treatment options like this will even be covered. For those looking forward to having the public plan, think about this...

The interview with the producer of the movie is also quite interesting... he, a mainstream movie professional, states that independent documentaries are now the vehicle by which information like this has to be distributed to the public because mainstream media cannot do it due to pressures placed on them by the government and big Pharma working in concert.

Do we still really believe that we don't live in a controlled gestapo environment?

There's a link on the site you linked to "Report Suspected Criminal Activity"
It seems that reporting the FD itself for "Suspected" Criminal Activity for it's caustic pursuit of the good Doctor especially after the testimony of patients and remarks made by the Congessional panel might be warranted.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

This is amazing info. Thank you for that. Shocked great thread this has so few flags. This needs to be more wider known. In my sig there is a link to my thread I made that is also about the FDA and a cancer drug. Please check it out. Maybe you can provide some insight. I will review your information and comment later.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This has had a profound effect on me, I have to say. For the first time in a very long time I cried when I wrote them an email describing all the treatments I have had. All the suffering me and my family went through and all for nothing. It makes me rage that I have not the right to choose what kind of treatment I want. I understand that there are a lot of quacks around and that some form of regulation is needed but when you are dying you should have the right to choose. The right to save your own life. It is shocking. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

are your ideas public property? the man has a right to cure every known disease, including death, and tell no one.
we are sovereign individuals.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
How many times I have seen scientists or simple people find a cure for cancer. And yet I have not seen a scientist to ask them how did you do that...

All about drugs...all about money.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

i think that anytime anyone comes out with a cure for anything
the fda process is designed to stop that cure from ever seeing the light of day
i am going to rename your FDA
federal death agengy
they want you to suffer and die and pay all you have to FDA drug regulated companies
this is evil incarnate
and they are in control
god have mercy and grant the meek the power to over come this evil

america the land of the free
free to die and pay through the nose

the time has come for the evil to be cast out
and the meek shal inherit the earth
and the evil to be stopped
information is coming to light soon that will highlight
the players in this evil game
and they will be prosicuted to the full extent of the law

do not dispair change is on its way from afar to measure the evil and find them wanting

xploder

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I have forwarded this to EVERYONE on my contacts list.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Their alternative wasn't alternative.

It was Spiritual Healing.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

IF I had seen this, my dad might still be here.
IF you are fighting cancer watch the movie.
IF......

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Whats it matter? He'll be dead within a year *coughs* natural causes.......
edit on 7-8-2011 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Burzynski isn't fighting any "battle". He tried to sell his therapy (for $25k per dose) without doing any clinical testing, and without any evidence it would work in humans. Thus, the FDA told him to stop selling the therapy, since he had no evidence it was safe and effective. Burzynski decided to ignore this order by the FDA, and kept selling it, even out of state to a man in Oregon (Burzynski was in Texas, having left his job at Baylor University). This is when further charges against him were filed.

So, in summary:

1) Scientist finds a possible new cure for cancer. Great!

2) Scientist decides money is more important than proving this cure works and is safe, and starts selling illegally. NOT great!

3) Scientist ignores federal law regarding safety and efficacy standards, and continues to illegally sell his cure without any proof it works or is safe. STILL not great!

4) Scientist deals with charges filed against him, and is invited to submit proof, which he is now doing.

Can anyone point out where the conspiracy is in all of this? Please?

new topics

top topics

join