It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protester Shot Dead In Koran Burning Row

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm all for blaming the MSM and affiliates. They made this public, they made it a huge deal. This poor guy would have never known what some idiot in Gainesville, FL was doing if it weren't for their involvement. In my opinion, charges should be brought against the press!

Now, as for the dead guy. No sympathy for him. Who in their right mind goes and protests outside a military base? I'm sure they didn't shoot him for no reason. It is a secure facility, he was probably warned a few times, and he probably approached them against orders, and they have no way to know if he plans to light his own fuse or not, so they shot him to protect the base. Good.

As for the idiot Preacher. His ordainment should be stripped, he should end up working at a Taco Bell with a bunch of converted Islamites! That would be fitting, and very funny!

No religious leader should be inciting violence or belittling the teachings of any other religion. That sets a poor example. His flock should abandon him, his church should ban him, his government and the press should entirely ignore him, and then the only harm done is to the idiot with the idiotic idea!

In this instance, everyone is guilty! Everyone deserves the blame! Including Petraeus and Obama! How dare they give this a second of their attention!?!?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I totally agree with you, but are we on ATS also to some extent cupable? We've been discussing it since the beginning of August and that may have contributed to the media picking up on it?

Law of unintended consequences.....

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Either I'm doing something wrong, the link is messed up, or they have removed the story.

Anyone else not able to pull up the article in the original post?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

True.

I avoided the whole talk. I didn't read the threads, I didn't talk to folks at work; I wanted nothing to do with it, until a thread yesterday by ChemBreather that Interpol had issued a warning of terroristic reprisals expected following the burning!

Obama, Petreaus, every News Outlet, and finally Interpol? All involved over one idiot with one stupid idea that violates even his own religion?

I couldn't stay out of it anymore. I had to start talking about it, or I was liable to drive the 2 hours to Gainesville and slap the guy myself! Since I didn't want to be arrested or find myself on Interpol's list, I decided I would start sharing my feelings on ATS.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

I found this uk.news.yahoo.com...

It was later reported that a total of three protesters had been killed.

Now thy are reporting 3 killed

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hmmm... Weird.

I searched for the original article at Sky News, but all I found was a reference inside another article that claims the incident didn't happen.

The spokesman, Amin Sohail, said soldiers opened fire and killed one protester. It was later reported three protesters had been shot, and a total of 11 people wounded. But Badakhshan police chief General Agha Noor Kemtuz said initial reports that one person was killed had proved false.

Sky News

(I don't know if I quoted correctly not not so I apologize if it is wrong)

edit on 9/10/2010 by glitch88 because: Link was jacked

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
After following the different articles and postings on this, and careful thought must be given.
Should this pastor do this, no, does he have the right to do this act yes. And there are some thoughts about this that should be given pause for thoughts on such.
Every politician and the General who has spoken out, every religious leader who has spoken against this action, have done nothing but fuel the fire and should have remained silent on this issue.
The general public of the United States, the majority are under the belief, and rightly so, that we are involved in a protest against the extremist elements of Islam, who are using terrorist tactics to commit acts of violence. We did not start this conflict against such, but we are in it now, as in 9/11 that woke a giant. When that happened, there was a large sentiment against the Islamic world, and rightly so, as it was done in the name of Islam, by a few nutjobs who thought they could attack without impunity. Afgainstan was under the control of the Taliban, and they had forgotten, that during the Soviet occupation, it was the United States that backed the Afganistan people against that occupation, by supplying aid, support and training to the resistence fighters.
Many people, who are not muslim or followers of the Islamic faith, really do not care about those who do, nor are so religious intolerant, however, when you have continued acts of violence, such as the suspect in the Fort Hood shooting, the suspect in the Times Square bombing and the underware bomber, only has caused more people to turn away from supporting the muslim population or even having sympathy. When you combine that along with the site for the new Mosque in New York, then you now have the extremist on the other side coming out of the woodwork, taking a stand against what they view as wrong. It is a matter of tolerance, and that is a pendelum that swings both ways. How long or tolerant must one group be, while the other group keeps pushing, before the group being pushed back, says enough is enough?
More people, who have no issue one way or the other are starting to decide on what side of the line to stand, be it religious tolerance and that of bigotry and intolerance. The pastor down in Florida is a case of such, he views that the situation with the Islamic world has pushed him to that point. Many people, who live in countries where the freedom of speech is part of the law, are slowly finding those rights and freedoms being eroded, on an unequal scale in favor of those who practice Islam, around the world. It is a shame that people are threatened with death and violence for speaking out, or even ridiculing the muslim faith. Where the tolerance does not flow from the Muslim world, this is going to happen. It may be a shame that a protestor got shot, but, what many people fail to realize, is that in the US, we do have the freedom of speech and we do have the right to speak out and say just about anything we so desire. If it hurts someones feelings, tough, as long as that speech is not used to cause fear or cause physical harm, then it is the responsiblity of all those living in those countries to stand up and back those acts. Anything else, only serves to send a message of fear, and we must no longer live in fear and darkness.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

The original link doesn't seem to work but I found this from the Guardian

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Were these the protesters that were burning american flags?

I wonder how many korans have been burned by neo nazi groups in the last 10 years unnoticed???

They sell prayer rugs on the prison commissary list...the inmates say they are muslims and put wall to wall carpeting in their cells...the real muslim inmates dont seem to have a problem with that

wheres the commentary from the american muslims groups? how do they feel?

The lack of a voice from the sane, normal, peaceful muslim community is damning their entire religion and way of life

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I just figured out what is wrong with the original link. It is supposed to go to the same article I linked to. Apparently the linking function is cutting off the end of long addresses if no text is entered to represent the link. It happened to mine as well.

So the question now is, did it really happen or not?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
One guy decides o burn a Quran and 10,000 demonstrate in a foreign land and one gets shot.

A woman gets stoned and lashed for having an alleged affair AFTER her husband dies and all it gets is a mention in he paper and a few human rights groups saying stop. Who really is he worst group here?

Where are all the people protesting human rights violations in the middle east? Why isn't the state department condemning these government sanctioned murders?

There is something major wrong with the way we pussyfoot around with kowtowing to extremist groups that have no respect for our way of life and have openly said they will annihilate us. WE NEED TO STAND UP FOR OURSELVES AND STOP CATERING TO EXTREMISTS GROUPS OUT OF FEAR.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

exactly, I don't know why they call it comonsense but It rare these days surely.
good job dude.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
UPDATE

I don't know if this did or did not happen in Afghanistan, but a woman that works with me lives in Gainesville. Her husband just called to see if she knows that is going on. Apparently there are many helicopters over the city, some military, some civilian by the looks of it.

Their house is about 5 miles from the church, it is for sale, and the Realtor told them that they will not be showing any real estate in the neighborhood over the weekend, and went on to ask them where they were going for the weekend. They said nowhere and the Realtor was stunned. From the sound of it most people within about 5 miles of this Gainesville church are planning to evacuate for the weekend.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

The only people dragging him into this cesspool are his so-called followers.

To me, he is a mere man and nothing more.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

does'nt it really all trace to the garden and even more specifically the murder of Him who was raised from the dead and friends beheaded?- seems obvious to me even if someone wanted to just call it a fairytell there are way two many witnesses

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Any book that is used to JUSTIFY the act of burying a 13 year old girl up to her neck and then proceed to throw rocks at her head until she dies should be burned and burned and burned. The people who are sick enough to think that murdering a 13 year old girl for "giving her family shame" is an okay thing to do should all be locked up in mental health wards in straight jackets, and only released once they have been deprogrammed from the CULT they were brainwashed in.

BAN ALL RELIGION.

You don't need to follow some book to know you should be good to people.

edit on 10-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: expanded post

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

The Bible should be burned for similar reasons. I'd like to see you give us a reason why it shouldn't also be burned, given the evil things that extremist Christians have said/done to this society over decades. Can you justify the Crusades or perhaps justify domestic terrorism perpetuated by extremist Christians?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

You must have read my mind, I expanded my post to include all religion. Christianity is used to justify all kinds of insane crap. People who think the "good book" is good are brainwashed cherry pickers in FULL denial mode.

edit on 10-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: typo

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Mein Kamph ring any bells?
The Communist Manifesto?
Quoran, Bible, want me to keep adding to the list?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
How sad.. Yet another innocent life lost due to the stupidity of americans and christianity..

What an ignorant statement- I was going to counter with: "You know what's even sadder? 3,000 innocent lives lost due to the stupidity of Muslims and Islam" but then that would make me as ignorant as you......:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well we are scared of the reprisals and negative consequences.

If a Muslim burns a Bible, and it is known before hand there is not a call to go and burn Muslim Mosques, flags, or other such nonsense.

But let a Christian burn a Koran and there are world wide threats of violence and revenge.

The large media companies say Islam is a peaceful religion.

Then why the double standard?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join