It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protester Shot Dead In Koran Burning Row

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
A protester demonstrating against plans by a US pastor to burn copies of the Koran has been shot dead outside a Nato base in Afghanistan, an official has said.

news.sky.com... 4?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15724324_Koran%3A_US_Pastor_Terry_Jones_May_Still_Burn_Koran%2C_Protester_Shot_Dead_In_Afghanistan

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Oh good, the first casuality in the most avoidable war in the history of mankind...

Thank you Fox, CNN, and all MSM in general.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Soon they can drop a nuke on us and blame a bunch of angry desert dwelling radicals too poor to buy proper box cutters...gee.

I wonder why the media and government is so hasty to always say- "this will surly invoke a new wave of terrorism in America"...possibly because that is what they are pushing for?

Unfortunately I can't say...what do I know?

But I CAN SAY that whatever major attack happens on American soil, I doubt it was organized by the boogy men and Osama Bin Hiding.

Poor guy...sorry he was shot...but really, this country worships violence, I'm never shocked to see another man or women taken from this world by it.

May he rest in peace...like all the other victims of our twisted and sick societies that pretend to be innocent or not behind the problems plaguing this world...

MM

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I strongly disagree that this was avoidable.

There's already a war there.

10,000 in that crowd, and I am supposed to believe it is a few radicals causing all the problems.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I strongly disagree that this was avoidable.

10,000 in that crowd, and I am supposed to believe it is a few radicals causing all the problems.

They did it just after their midday prayer, you can imagine what the Imam is telling them...
Rightly the problem with Islam, the [literally] interpretation of the Kuran by the Imams..

edit on 10-9-2010 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

We are talking about a book, and someone has been shot - we are all mad.

Please listen. The bible is a book written by many people, therefore not to be entirely trusted.

The Q'ran is probably the same. The believers say their prophet wrote it - but, excuse me, people lie, and people misunderstand.

So now we are killing people because of books? Utter madness.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
How sad.. Yet another innocent life lost due to the stupidity of americans and christianity..

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Of course one man with extremist views, who totally does not represent 100% of the American peoples views on this religion, is going to be portrayed as a majority figure and cause a major backlash. Now this being said, if the situation escalates further and grows into some form of terrorism or another, how much do you want to bet that the perpetrators will be either Iranian or be part of some sort of militant group with ties to Iran. Now this gives the U.S. an extremely falsified, ridiculous reason to back Israel and support a preemptive strike mixed with other excuses such as WMD's, yada, yada, yada. . .

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I need to state, yet again - do not drag Christ into what so-called Christians and so-called Christian churches do.

Chirst was here to save people. He taught love, forgiveness and peace.

He gets dragged into a lot of negative things where He does not belong.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

May he rest in peace...like all the other victims of our twisted and sick societies that pretend to be innocent or not behind the problems plaguing this world...

Translation: I hate America because i've never had to deal with real adversity that wants to kill me simply because im an American.

You all can keep up your anti-american bull crap for as long as you like, just remember that if crap ever hits the fan, don't come running back expecting open arms.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
I need to state, yet again - do not drag Christ into what so-called Christians and so-called Christian churches do.

Chirst was here to save people. He taught love, forgiveness and peace.

He gets dragged into a lot of negative things where He does not belong.

Oh for God's sake. Christ as a he is BS. 'He' never existed!!!

Dragging something that never existed into a subject is not up to discussion!! Grow Up! And sorry to burst your bubble yet again. But Santa Clause doesn't exist either.....

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Why don't you just stfu, and go and join the Koran burnings- and be a part of innocent people advocating peace and equality losing their lives.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
See and someone called me crazy for saying this would only lead to someone getting killed.

I understand he wanted to protest but when there are already insane tensions within that group WHY provoke them even more? It's stupid and a death wish.

Burning a book no matter what it is silly.. What does it accomplish really?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
One guy decides o burn a Quran and 10,000 demonstrate in a foreign land and one gets shot.

A woman gets stoned and lashed for having an alleged affair AFTER her husband dies and all it gets is a mention in he paper and a few human rights groups saying stop. Who really is he worst group here?

Where are all the people protesting human rights violations in the middle east? Why isn't the state department condemning these government sanctioned murders?

There is something major wrong with the way we pussyfoot around with kowtowing to extremist groups that have no respect for our way of life and have openly said they will annihilate us. WE NEED TO STAND UP FOR OURSELVES AND STOP CATERING TO EXTREMISTS GROUPS OUT OF FEAR.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

Funny as hell that burning a book you can buy anywhere at anytime for pennies edges us to war but stoning women to death is about as interesting as a Summer breeze.

I can get 100 Korans from AbeBooks for a few bucks. I cant find anybodys wife, mother, sister or daughter up on AbeBooks though.

The world is like some retard zoo.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
They certainly don't fear the christian extremist terrorist when they put christians to death for only their beliefs. Maybe we should play by their rules instead of ours?

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
you know - if youre not muslim or christian or jew or catholic ,hindu, etc..then all this turns
into retarded jibberish. and suffering needlessly.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
How about we stop blaming Muslims and Christians and start blaming the ones who are really at fault here.

The main stream media hype and top government officials interjecting their opinions is what gave what should be an irrelevant event from people with er "different" opinions international attention. This backwater church with FIFTY people is so un-important in the scheme of things that one can hardly blame their insanity to world-wide protests, nor can one blame the protester for getting pissed because it is AMERICAN media and AMERICAN government officials who started and fed the chain reaction.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

Translation: I hate America because i've never had to deal with real adversity that wants to kill me simply because im an American.

You all can keep up your anti-american bull crap for as long as you like, just remember that if crap ever hits the fan, don't come running back expecting open arms.

Do me a favor buddy, don't try to translate anything I say... apparently you don't even speak my language.

Nowhere did I blame America, or even a country...you put those words in my mouth, as I've seen you do elsewhere.

As for running to you for help at any time, trust me, your not even on my list for helping me unclog a sink.

And for caling me a hater of America, I see that and raise you-

"you are brainwashed into thinking there is entire countries looking to kill YOU for being "American"...trust me, you are wrong and watch too much TV...but your avatar kinda shows that now doesn't it?"

FACT REMAINS...a man is dead because an idiot hated a human enough to kill him.

And then you slander me as a hater of America because I find that stupid?

Well...may as well assume I hate America twice as much now, cus really, I thought your comment to me was "as dumb" as shooting people over stupid religious animosity.

You say I hate America...translation-

"I'm emotionally bankrupt and totally think America is innocent in everything while other countries are evil monsters filled with devils who want me dead".

Yeah...deep stuff man...hope I don't step in it again, I wear expensive shoes.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

And I doubt the last

But we all know who is responsible. The Media. This was a nn story and should have been left a non story that disappeared into obscurity.

But by promoting it the media have ensured they have lots more big stories to cover. The James Bond film "Tomorrow Never Dies" was very, very close to the truth.

Media: we MAKE the news.

Edit: to acknowledge wutone who has said the same. Glad to know I'm not the only one thinking along these lines

edit on 10-9-2010 by Essan because: add additional comment

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join