It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagons plan to silence 9/11's Able Danger whistleblower LTC Anthony Shaffer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
As being prior service, we just had people arested for posting things on websites or wiki. As for him if it is classified, or top secret he is still bound by rules to never talk about things and basicaly ordered to sign a gag order before viewing or seeing things of such a nature. The Army authorized him to publish the book but people higher than the Army never seen the book till after it was ready for sale and had a huge freekout session and thats what caused the books to be bought back by the governement.

im trying to get a PDF copy because the ones on Ebay are like $500.00 and if my source has 2 copies im trying to get him to scan and PDF 1 copy and send it to me then its going GLOBAL

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Amazon quote:-

On Friday, August 13, 2010, just as St. Martin’s Press was readying its initial shipment of Operation Dark Heart, the Department of Defense expressed concern that its publication could cause damage to U.S. national security. The publication of the initial edition was canceled. However, after consulting with the author, Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer, St. Martin's Press agreed to incorporate some of the government’s changes, which includes redacting classified text, into a revised edition, which is releasing on September 24.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Simple

You are right, people should read "penetration" by Ingo, brilliant read, here's the link for all interested

www.scribd.com...

As for this other book that should be uploaded to the net as well so we can read it for free, why should we have to pay for the truth.

This link was ok, just tried it and its not working now.

edit on 13-9-2010 by restless genius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
in this link

www.operationdarkheart.com...

you will find a list of reviews by:

Doug Stanton, author of Horse Soldiers
David Pitt – Booklist Online
Dr. Chris Lehman, Special Assistant to President Reagan, National Security Counsel

maybe they have a copy of the book...

= OR =

Michael Torbert of Semper Fi Web Design, who design the website for St. Martin's Press - maybe he has a copy.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ololo

The same reviews can be found on multiple websites. You somehow missed the best review:

Anonymous Government Source (identity redacted from transcript) “This is one terrific book, done with fascinating detail that allows the reader to experience the hard sharp edge of what it is like to be a 21st century intelligence operative searching the by-ways and back alleys of the harshest environs and most troublesome terrorist havens on the face of the earth…Tony Shaffer is among the best “counterterrorism soldiers” and “intelligence operatives” this country has put in the field. He has keen insight and expertise that policy makers should appreciate and leverage regarding Afghanistan. He has the ability to express his views in the drawing rooms of Washington and among the public-focused media centers of the world. These valuable traits mark him as worth interacting with and by extension mark this book as worth the time of any reader – no matter what their political or operational persuasion.”

www.operationdarkheart.com...

The identity of this reviewer has only recently been redacted. PersonalChoice posted an earlier version, were the name was not redacted and added a comment.

This is one terrific book, done with fascinating detail that allows the reader to experience the hard sharp edge of what it is like to be a 21st century intelligence operative searching the by-ways and back alleys of the harshest environs and most troublesome terrorist havens on the face of the earth."

--Lt. Gen. Patrick M. Hughes, former Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency

Yes, that is the former Director of the same DIA that wants the book eliminated, go figure.
-PersonalChoice

How Orwellian is that. Shaffer is gagged and not allowed to speak about most of his work. I believe what Shaffer has already revealed on the Alex Jones Show should be enough to try some people for treason; at least if his testimony can be backed up by evidence and further witnesses (Shaffer's coworkers have already confirmed some of his testimony).

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
Just goes to prove the government has something to hide.
Pentagon doesn’t want the American people to know that 911 was an inside job.

Its more than that, it's the entire transfer of power to the NWO as well.
I just sent an email to The Government Accountability Office (GAO www.gao.gov...) to ask if this is considered financial fraud and can DoD be held accountable. Its worth a try....

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Wow DS, that is truly amazing, to actually see the two together like that, one redacted the other not should be a real eye opener to others reading it.

To think that the DOD would go to such lengths, as to even hide the fact that a former "member" of theirs had commented on a book that they have deemed to truthful for the public. Just sitting here thinking about it, I wonder, who's job is it somewhere in DC to search the web for comments from their officials on this book and make sure that they are either removed or marked anonymous? Isn't that about as Orwellian as it gets? Excellent catch DS, that's really scary stuff, if it really is the case that someone in the DOD is going around redacting reviews from their own officials on the web(which it does appear to be the case). Thanks for posting that.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I don't post often as I'm a human of very few words, but I feel I should encourage all of you wanting to read this book to go to the amazon site and request this book be made available for Kindle. Request it on the publishers web site and the LTC's site as well. The kindle PC app is free. I think it would be funny seeing them try to "buy up" all the digital copies. It could, stressing 'could', encourage the release of the book earlier. And maybe in a less edited form.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Come on |Colonel| at least learn how to use spell check ;and didnt they teach you the rules of grammar in War College?
If yer a colonel im a admiral sic
The book is a must for the public to get to read uncensored.
The Military/intelligence community has far too much power and influence in the poitics and foriegn policy of the USA.
The reality of the situation is that goverments ie Congress sets the agendas....Not some brass hats and shadowy backroom operatives!
I believe that the US Goverment has been subverted six ways from sunday.......the American PEOPLE must take it back from an elite composed of these revolving door mucky mucks who move from high office to corporate boardrooms and back with little regard for any laws or conflict of interest
Things have gotten to the point that the leaders of the country use the countrys prestige wealth and armed forces to enrich themselves and their cronies at the expense of all the world.
The giant rip off has got to be stopped! Its becomming a #SUNAMI thats is destroying mankinds chances for a future!.

edit on 18-9-2010 by stirling because: final thought, addition of....

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I found a real copy of the PDF file for the book Operation Dark Heart. Unfortuntly somoneone got to the file and did sompthing to it which caused my computer to get worms, and godly amounts of virus. I emailed the person who posted it but there website and email account nolonger exist.

Things have gotten to the point that the leaders of the country use the countrys prestige wealth and armed forces to enrich themselves and their cronies at the expense of all the world.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The book Operation Dark Heart 1st Ed again in ebay for 1,500 usd
by skiptowne
cgi.ebay.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
if they buy up all the guys books,wont they just print more?
seems like this plan will backfire on them
the more copys he sells the more they will print.right?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Lt. Col. Shaffer is a true patriot whose career was ruined by the DOD because he knew too much about Al-CIAduh but he is not alone. Several other staff officers have verified his story. The Rep. from Pennsylvania who supported him and demanded hearings lost his office through blackball politics ( can't remember his name at present).

Able Danger collected over 2 terabytes of information on Al Qaeda which was destroyed on orders of the DOD in the summer of 2000.
If all Americans knew what he does there would be revolution in the streets. Our government and military have been hijacked in service to the NWO. He knows it, Sibel Edmonds knows it and that is why they both have gag orders on them. Frankly, I am surprised either of them are still alive given what has happened to other people who had information that was damning of the Bush administration.

I salute you Lt. Col Shaffer and all the other men and women in our armed forces who still love our country, freedom and the Constitution.

I hold no hope that the book will reveal anything of real value. It's a sad fact that those who cross our government end up faring badly.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

We've been losing our freedom and future for the sake of "national security" for far too long.

If liberty isn't worth bloodshed then nothing is.

Stop trying to cover for an inept, criminal government that doesn't care one whit about the people. After all, you are one of "the people".

The only people who benefit from living in a police state are the rich and their hired thugs.

If you are not one of the above you better figure out who the real enemies of freedom are.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Guys I just bought this off amazon hopefully it is the first edition!

www.amazon.ca...=ox_ya_os_product

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraggdya
Amazon quote:-

On Friday, August 13, 2010, just as St. Martin’s Press was readying its initial shipment of Operation Dark Heart, the Department of Defense expressed concern that its publication could cause damage to U.S. national security. The publication of the initial edition was canceled. However, after consulting with the author, Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer, St. Martin's Press agreed to incorporate some of the government’s changes, which includes redacting classified text, into a revised edition, which is releasing on September 24.

It would be nice if the revised edition included blacked out text into the areas that have been redacted so we know what sections got cut. Maybe the author will do something similar. This book is probably still a good purchase

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Just got a email from amazon about this and according to them it is the first edition of the book. I am not holding my breathe until I have it in my hands...

om Amazon.ca
reply-to "[email protected]"
to "BLANKED OUT"
date Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 6:19 PM
subject Your Amazon.ca Order (BLANKED OUT)
mailed-by bounces.amazon.com
hide details 6:19 PM (37 minutes ago)
Hello from Amazon.ca.

I've checked and can confirm that this is the first edition of "Operation Dark Heart."

For your reference:

Product Details

* Hardcover: 320 pages
* Publisher: Thomas Dunne Books; 1st edition edition
* Language: English
* ISBN-10: 0312612176
* ISBN-13: 978-0312612177
* Product Dimensions: 23.4 x 15.7 x 3 cm

You can always check the status of your order, including estimated shipping and delivery dates, by clicking the Your Account link at the top of most pages of our store or by following this link:

www.amazon.ca...

If you have any further questions, you may contact us by clicking the "Contact Us" button in the right-hand column of any Help page.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.ca. We hope you enjoy your order.

Did we answer your question?

If yes, please click here:
BLANKED OUT

If not, please click here:
BLANKED OUT

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Ganesh.B
Amazon.ca
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
www.amazon.ca...
=====================

edit on 26-9-2010 by putnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
***UPDATE***

I was going to start a new thread but figured I would just add it here.

As some of you may already know the Defense Dept spokesperson said that they did observe the 9500 copies (that they paid 47k for) be "pulped and recycled" on Sept 20th. So all but 100 copies of the first print we're destroyed, the 100 were the ones sent to reviewers.

The second print (to answer a previous posters question) will be printed with the redacts in place over the original book. As much as entire paragraphs have been blacked out, Shaffer says he is happy that readers will get to see what they blacked out...

"While I do not agree with the edits in many ways, the Defense Department redactions enhance the reader's understanding by drawing attention to the flawed results created by a disorganized and heavy handed military intelligence bureaucracy." Read more: www.post-gazette.com...

The story can be read at the link in the quote.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join