It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagons plan to silence 9/11's Able Danger whistleblower LTC Anthony Shaffer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienChaser
reply to post by zerotensor

Agreed, I already contacted "foreverstamps" listed in my earlier post, and I told him to post the entire book to the internet.

Sounds like a job for Wikileaks!

I personally operate on the assumption that all forms of (especially electronic) communication are monitored anyway...

Yes, but with the huge volume of data bouncing around out there, it would be advantageous for the spies to be able to target individuals who are willing to go out of their way to obtain this info. Just maybe to bump up the interest scores for a more detailed analysis by the grid in ft. mead.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
maybe everyone on here should start trying to order copies if we can get a big enough demand they might do a second print but only if it's uncensored

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Someone calling themself "foreverstamps" on Ebay claims to have this book, Here I am skeptical, however, and I balk at the $1000.00 opening bid.

I thought this was intresting.

Questions and answers about this item

Q: Just curious, have you looked out your window? I'll bet "THEY" are out there. Good Luck though.
A: So far no little black helicopters....but my phone is making funny sounds.

Q: hello I would like to purchase this book now. Would you be willing to change to a buy it now auction? Thanks!
A: Hi Thanks for the offer, at this point I have received several inquires for a buy it now option, I am probably going to just let the auction run.

Q: Is this a review copy of the book with the full text before redaction? When would the book ship?
A: This is an un-redacted revue copy with full text. Believe less than 50 of these are circulating. Book will ship within 72 hours of payment clearing via fedex ground fully insured with tracking number.

Q: Haha. Why not $5,000? They'll still buy it. Don't publish this one.
A: Good point, i'll raise the opening...

How greedy can one be? What an opportunist, so far he has no bids.

I wish someone would upload the book on the internet for” free” so we all can read the truth.

edit on 10-9-2010 by impressme because: Spelling error.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread on the same topic..

"Didn't we (UK) try this with the "Spycatcher" book?

In the end they just published it in Australia."

Good luck Secret Service..

As soon as a digital copy is released it'll go viral anyway.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

How greedy can one be? What an opportunist, so far he has no bids.

I wish someone would upload the book on the internet for” free” so we all can all read the truth.

Me too, "foreverstamps" just replied to my message, here it is via my email. Ebay reformatted it into an email.

Dear foreverstamps,

Having something with such potential, I would implore you to post the entire unedited book to the internet, rather than try to make a quick couple bucks off it.

- alien-chaser

The reply

Dear alien-chaser,

thinking about a dramatic reading and posting it on
you tube....

- foreverstamps

I can't help but wonder if that reply has some sarcasm in it. I wonder if I could convince him to post it here. Any ideas on how I should try and convince him.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by captainbitter

Hence my handle
- I always thought Marshmallow Snake would make an excellent Metal Gear character! LOL!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Now that he's sold 10k copies, he should say f it and put it on the net for free!

Piratebay.org anyone?

They released the Yes Men which was in process of being banned, which if anyone hasn't seen, SEE IT!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

I can't help but wonder if that reply has some sarcasm in it. I wonder if I could convince him to post it here. Any ideas on how I should try and convince him.

If the book has classified information and has not been declassified then the seller could be committing “treason,” that is no different than selling top secret information perhaps, you could tell him that.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Perhaps ATS could make him an offer for it, and each ATS member chips in.

I have a feeling whatever offer is made he will get a better one from a government agent.

If we did get hold of it we might be able to get money back in other ways, make a profit even.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Perhaps ATS could make him an offer for it, and each ATS member chips in.

I have a feeling whatever offer is made he will get a better one from a government agent.

If we did get hold of it we might be able to get money back in other ways, make a profit even.

Yeah I was about to post the same idea, about the ATS member pooling some cash to buy it, the selling it back bit sounds good too, but the priority should be getting the book and spreading it ASAP.

Also, maybe somebody in ATS knows some other book reviewer that may have the review copy and could get posted on the Net, because I'm pretty sure It's gonna be highly difficult getting it by "official" means. If we get the book riding on the Net it's going to be impossible to stop. My two cents.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Tell me again, how is this different from the Nazis book burning parties? Oh, they give a different excuse, that's all. First of all, our government shouldn't be keeping secrets from us, especially seeing how our government is supposed to serve us. In fact, our government is supposed to be by, for and of the people, yet they feel the need to keep so many secrets.

Really, the only secrets the government should have, is maybe security info on the President and our strategic nuclear capabilities. That's it. Sadly, we have been indoctrinated to believe that it's not only normal for our government to be so secretive, but it's good that our government is so secretive. Often times, the secresy is not in your best interest and that's why it's a secret.

To be honest, I can no longer see any differences between our government and the past government of Nazi Germany, save for maybe we are much more efficient at tyranny.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PersonalChoice

This is now being reported on BBC world.

Link: www.bbc.co.uk...

It's being reported, although the BBC are saying the DoD want's the book out of public hands, because..

The material concerning the DoD is understood to include names of US intelligence officers and details of National Security Agency eavesdropping activities.

Sure..this is the angle. To protect intelligence agents and how spying ops are run.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
OK so after looking a little deeper at the article it is my understanding that a completely unedited copy of the book was never printed. If the Army reviwers suggested changes and redactions and then in January allowed for an August 31st release. The first printing was already edited.

Then in July the DIA saw the book and found some 200 passages they did not want released for (pick a reason) and started this new push to eliminate the book.

So when the DIA and other agencies objected to the book in early August the several dozen or so books that were pre-shipped to reviewers had already been censored by the original army reviewers. Breaking it down this way it seems our best hope is to try and get our hands on one of the reviewer copies, but I don't think we will ever know what was originally censored.

I have inquired for more information from "foreverstamps" on the copy he claims to have, I'll keep you posted.

edit on 9/10/2010 by AlienChaser because: SP?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The best thing the author of this book can do now is release it as a free downloadable e-book. The American government have made a massive mistake by drawing attention to this book, what they should have done was leave it be and hopefully for them it would have faded into obscurity and been, in the eyes of many, "just another conspiracy nut's book".
By going out of their way to silence this book they have only given it more power. If this is published online it will spread like wildfire.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Even a blind man could see this coming from a mile away.

I don't wish to know the names of the people. I only wish to know what they're doing.

But, tough luck with that.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I hang my head in sorrow knowing our country is doing something like this. this is no different then hitlers book burnings. suppressing information is not freedom. this is tyranny..

and the fact that someone has this book and hasnt started making copies is rediculous. this needs to be all over the web. wikileaks should be on this too...

the ebay seller could very well make copies and release this as an E-book after he sells his copy. he obviously doesnt care about truth or the united states and our freedoms.

1. i would keep this book if i had it. NEVER SELL IT

2. start scanning and copying text the instant i got it.

3. make sure you battery is out of your phone and your computer is NOT connected to the internet. then when your done roll up to starbucks and post it all over the web...

that what i would do.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I FOUND IT!!!

It's for sale here!

and it's a downloadable E-Book!

edit on 10-9-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Won't let you buy it..

I tried.. It would have been a torrent in 10 mins...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Sadly, the 200 pages in question, will probably be redacted in the e-book format, seeing how the controversy seems to be that the books were already printed and thus the government would have to buy the books. For the e-book version, it's a simple fix and wouldn't cost much, if anything at all.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well....it will likely surprise many who follow my posts on this topic that I too find it reprehensible IF the actual reason for the suppression of this book is "just" because of 'Able Danger'.

There is, even on Wiki ...imagine!
...an article and discussion about it, and the actual shenanigans undertaken by the Bush administration, and elements within, to cover their arse, after-the-fact.

en.wikipedia.org...

However, as I have tried to express on many occasions, the entire "9/11 conspiracy" movement has been based, and inflated, from this (already known) circumstance of "cover-up".

THAT is a real conspiracy, and THAT is your real cover-up......NOT:

- Secret "thermite"

- Planted explosives

- Missiles, holograms, or remote control

- Any other "theory" that I may have missed.

I have NOT dismissed the possibility of a sort of foreknowledge of the impending plan, as derived and implemented by Mohammed Atta, et al. And a conscious decision, at SOME level of the government, to sit idly by and allow it to unfold.

THAT is, also, a valid subject for investigation, and conspiracy fodder.

All the rest, as enumerated above, is a foolish waste of time (as is noted, with sadness, on these very boards, for example).

The real issue is a one/two possibility:

---Either "they" are trying to cover their behinds, because of gross negligence and incompetence (and the embarrassment, lack of respect and possible criminal issue);

---OR, as mentioned, at some level there may have been a decision to allow it. Perhaps it was thought to not be as extensive as turned out. (And, that is a corollary reason for not 'admitting' it....perhaps).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join