It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan to replace host Larry King on CNN network.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Former newspaper editor and Britain's Got Talent judge Piers Morgan will replace TV presenter Larry King on the US network CNN, it has been announced.

Morgan's selection as King's replacement had been widely expected for the past few months.

CNN president Jon Klein said Morgan can "look at all aspects of the news with style and humour with an occasional good laugh in the process".

www.bbc.co.uk...

So I understand that he is somewhat familiar with American audiences through 'Americas got Talent', but does anybody else think this is a extremely poor choice? Do you think that CNN or the American public realize how much this man is detested in the UK?
I mean Larry King is, well, he is Larry King. An institution if you will. Whereas Piers Morgan is nothing but a slimey, money grubbing horrible person who certainly is not worth mentioning in the same breath as King. Whether you like Larry King or not you can't argue with the numbers he has racked up over many, many years and you could even go on to say the man is a living ledgend. It is a very sad day to think that Morgan should be held in any type of regard what so ever.

Occasionally if I remember or have the time I would watch Larry King Live but the day that Morgan takes over I will not watch it anymore.

In short a Very poor and wrong choice CNN, enjoy your mire.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Im not sure if i watched the same TV program, but is Larry King the guy who sometimes discusses UFO's and ET disclosure with a panel of guests?

I really can't imagine Piers Morgan discussing these topics seriously.

Maybe thats why the media hired him

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I get the impression he got the gig off the back of his interview with Prime Minister Brown. Interviewing the PM is obviously a big coup. In ordinary circumstances. However, as any educated Brit will tell you, Brown was only interviewed on Morgan's 'soft' show due to awful public opinion and a terrible record in government. Remember the disgraceful use of his deceased daughter to gain sympathy? I class Piers Morgan as a low rent journalist, much as Brown was a low rent PM.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I've only seen "America's Got Talent" once or twice, so I'm not really familiar with the person. I've always enjoyed "Larry King Live" because he has always maintained a generally unbiased approach to his interviews. He seems to respect his guests, and give them fair treatment. Yet he still won't shy from asking tough questions. If this new guy can do the same then I will still watch the show.

top topics

join