It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest problem with religion is that only One Man communicates with "God"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura

Does God talk to you?

Do you mean in the abstract, such as moments of insight, strong and overpowering emotion, or deep grief... those little flashes of strength or enlightenment that some people interpret as the "voice of God"?

Or do you mean it in a "hearing voices" way?

If it's the second one, then, No.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
you all do realise the masons believe in a higher being don't you for example GOD and yes more than one person can talk to GOD and that is his followers. Whether you think you recieve and answer or not is the big question.

Here is also another question for you why is it the people blame GOD for death and anything else that goes wrong and kills and hurts people and never questions if it's Satan. Also do you know the Devil is the GOD OF AIR but most are fooled into believing he lives in the ground this is something created by the Catholic church. If the the one person you are referring to is the Pope too well your,wrong as he is taking peoples belief cause if you see peole congregate they are praising the Pope and forgetting GOD.

Also If in the slight chance you are referring to JESUS he is GOD anyway as JESUS was formed from GOD's word to be the spirit of GOD.

Now i'm not GOD nut but if you are going to talk about religion you need to put more thought into your thread.

One last thing the signs of rapture are Floods,Earthquakes and Famine well we have had two of those signs now lets see where the Famine starts.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Its mabey just as simple as a language barrier, so there is no need for any to feel unspecial are as if it is a special privilage. I mean if you were family visiting from somewhere else far away and your father and you spoke a different language but you spoke the common language of your family, is it that signifigant as long as the message gets to the father to bring the grill???

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Dude....not MY religion. I'm pagan. I believe that everyone has the ability to know their own path and contact the divine.

WoW,

Explain to me what paganism is. I read a little about it but forgot...

I know that Paganism is not monotheistic.

Many many gods.

edit on 10-9-2010 by saabacura because: change stuff. I don't like the new ATS format

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Does God talk to you?

Do you mean in the abstract, such as moments of insight, strong and overpowering emotion, or deep grief... those little flashes of strength or enlightenment that some people interpret as the "voice of God"?

Or do you mean it in a "hearing voices" way?

If it's the second one, then, No.

Can you make a book on it...

Between 10 pages to 1000 pages on what God has told you?? No double space!

What did God tell the rest of us to do... through you????

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

You really must have missed the "agnostic" part of my first post. And the "No" in my second post.

The people who do believe in God would direct you to whichever holy book applied, IE the Torah, the Bible, or the Qu'ran and say that the contents of those books are Gods words to you. They would contend that, in that sense, God has spoken to you but you refused to listen.

But, again, I am not a believer.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

This is very hard to tell as how do you truley know it is GOD or not some people may have this experience but find it very hard to if it is him or not and if you don't believe then what would you think. Sometimes faith speaks louder than just saying yes I believe. As more people are turning their backs on religion it's only a matter of time till we get a cleansing of this earth and the second coming arises.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Atheism is a choice.
If I were god I wouldn't communicate with atheists because they don't want to believe.
Instead I'd respect them for their determination to go it alone and wish them well.

As for religion, I stopped believing in organised religion when I was 6.
After our minister preached that we must go to church to listen to him, because, as an ordained minister he could hear god and none of us could, I tried to explain to him that he was wrong, god did talk to people, he even talked to me on my long, lonely walks through the forest going to school and back.. This minister bent down and screamed at me, saying I might think it was god speaking, but god didn't speak to brats like me. If I heard anyone it must be the devil, and I'd better run like mad or he'd catch me and drag me down to hell.

Obviously the poor man didn't know god any better than the OP does.

God speaks to lots of people in lots of ways.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
There are several posters on ATS,

Like unleashed86 and ET_Man...

Who somehow, posses this knowledge from a "higher" source and only through THEM....

Can the rest of us common folks understand the real celestial truth!!!

How lovely!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I can't take the credit for this wonderfull line I read somehwere: "You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic"'.

It's all a farce, fake, fiction.

The day that humanity starts to realize that religion is fake, will be the day we can start looking at ways to live in peace with eachother. Offcourse armies will become useless, and the money we spend on defence and religious institutions, can go towards development and the good of mankind.

Too bad I alwyas have to wake up after these euforic and eutopic thoughts.....

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

You really must have missed the "agnostic" part of my first post. And the "No" in my second post.

The people who do believe in God would direct you to whichever holy book applied, IE the Torah, the Bible, or the Qu'ran and say that the contents of those books are Gods words to you. They would contend that, in that sense, God has spoken to you but you refused to listen.

But, again, I am not a believer.

You missed my point, why does God not tell all of us? Why must we have a medium to understand God? By the way, these people lived thousands of years ago.

edit on 10-9-2010 by saabacura because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo

This is very hard to tell as how do you truley know it is GOD or not some people may have this experience but find it very hard to if it is him or not and if you don't believe then what would you think. Sometimes faith speaks louder than just saying yes I believe. As more people are turning their backs on religion it's only a matter of time till we get a cleansing of this earth and the second coming arises.

Does God talk to you? Did God tell you that there is going to be a cleansing on Earth and second coming of Christ???

Or did you read it somewhere, by a person who actually really communicated with God himself??

What is it?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Atheism is a choice.
If I were god I wouldn't communicate with atheists because they don't want to believe.
Instead I'd respect them for their determination to go it alone and wish them well.

As for religion, I stopped believing in organised religion when I was 6.
After our minister preached that we must go to church to listen to him, because, as an ordained minister he could hear god and none of us could, I tried to explain to him that he was wrong, god did talk to people, he even talked to me on my long, lonely walks through the forest going to school and back.. This minister bent down and screamed at me, saying I might think it was god speaking, but god didn't speak to brats like me. If I heard anyone it must be the devil, and I'd better run like mad or he'd catch me and drag me down to hell.

Obviously the poor man didn't know god any better than the OP does.

God speaks to lots of people in lots of ways.

I followed until you involved me into your discussion....

What did God say to you??? Did God say don't follow organized religion??? Because that is what you are saying to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I think the biggest problem with religion is that people still believe.

it's scary to think that when you die, nothing happens, but do you remember the time before you were born?
It's even scarier to know most of the worlds people talk to an imaginary friend/s

How about everyone burn their own holy book on the 11th. World peace would be accomplished in the next 30 years, we'd have 100% effective regenerative healing methods by 2015, have people out of the solar system by 2050, and by 2100 cancer/aids/TB/hollywood/etc.. would be words often seen in articles on history, because reading and having a dense knowledge in many subjects would be considered below average by then when people don't spend their lives "in gods hands"

edit on 10-9-2010 by patent98310 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I have to say this is actually a really, really profound question you bring up...well done.

In fact is there any question more profound?

We are taught to believe that "God's Vicar On Earth" "God's Prophet," etc. are the only ones who God speaks through...in actual fact such people should probably better be thought of as "God's Jailer" -- it is as if they are keeping God hidden away under lock and key in a dark prison cell, so that only THEY can have access to Him...

No wonder people often feel insignificant, or unhappy in the world -- that there is so much crime -- when they are taught or forced to believe that God is 'apart' from them...not speaking to them...avoiding them.

Yes, when you listen to the still, quiet voice within you, then maybe indeed you will find guidance there from on High...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

You missed my point, why does God not tell all of us? Why must we have a medium to understand God? By the way, these people lived thousands of years ago.

I didn't miss the point at all. The question you are asking is no different than me saying "Why doesn't Santa still bring me cool stuff on Christmas even though I'm 44?"

The answer to both questions is exactly the same, and equally as obvious.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by patent98310
I think the biggest problem with religion is that people still believe.

it's scary to think that when you die, nothing happens, but do you remember the time before you were born?
It's even scarier to know most of the worlds people talk to an imaginary friend/s
Buddhism on the other hand, I can get behind that. It has meaning. You aren't told to blindly follow like woolen sheep. And the person they worship was an actual human being (most likely) that didn't claim to be gods son or a profit for another god or that only he could interpret gods word, blah blah blah.

How about everyone burn their own holy book on the 11th. World peace would be accomplished in the next 30 years...

I have noticed

Eastern "religion" is more like a philosophy... whether it is Buddhism, confusionism, taoism... It discusses more on way of life. The best way one should live their life and the best action one should take.

Middle Eastern religion such as Judaism, Christianity or Islam... is not really a philosophy. It is forceful.
"God" has communicated and demanded humans to live a certain way...THROUGH A PROPHET, MEDIUM of some sorts...

Real European "religions" are different and unique as well...

I have noticed that monotheism... one God idea came from the middle east.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I have noticed that monotheistic religions comes out of the Middle East.

Whether it is Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Christianity or Islam... All the major monothesitic religions comes from

the Middle East... I find it somewhat interesting.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally Christianity claimed that God revealed Himself to all men...
...with one important prerequisite.

That if a person believed that God had revealed Himself in Jesus...
...that Jesus had died, then risen from the dead...
...that the Spirit of God came to communicate personally with that person.

So there were as many people communicating with God as there were believers.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Does God speak to men and women....yes.

Are all men and women listening...no.

First, have you humbled yourself and committed yourself to a faith...the Lord....have you submitted in following God so that you may actually hear what He is telling you?

God speaks in many ways... an opportunity that suddenly opens up....a certain phone call from someone you haven't seen in a very long time....a song.... nature... an idea....and yes, a voice.

If someone is calling you on the phone...and you don't pick up...you never know what they said.

If someone is calling to you, and the clutter of noise and distractions are such, that you don't hear or acknowledge them.... how do you know what was said?

God is speaking in so many places, but for many...we either don't hear, can't hear, or refuse to hear.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join