It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i can justify the use of terrorist tactics!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
a person can make his or her OWN right / wrong by belonging to a country or being part of a religion ets. but that is FAKE right / wrong

True but the world operates under the idea of the greatest good of those involved.

The majority of people on Earth think beheading an innocent man is wrong, and they think blowing up a mosque is wrong.

Ultimately the terrorists must be defeated because they do not act for the greatest good of all. Say if there was a major morality shift and the majority of the world agreed with the actions of terrorists then your argument would have water.

Basically they are a small minority in a sane world, and thus they find themselves under fire. Which they should have been a long time ago.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Ultimately the terrorists must be defeated because they do not act for the greatest good of all.

And the US/French/German/Columbian governments act for what is the greatest good of all? I emphatically think not. Are these the 'sane' people you refer to?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joseph Knecht
What is the basis or foundation of what you believe is right or wrong? TSA is not that far off here( though I think it's a different topic).

I'm an atheist - so my idea of right and wrong stems solely from harm to another, whether that be through deception/theft/murder. You get the idea. Interestingly that seem to fit well within many Judo/Xtian/Muslim teachings.

How do you know that what you deem wrong at the time doesn't work out for some greater 'good' or vice versa. Right/Wrong is highly subjective, Good/Evil the same. Why is that so scary and maniacal?

A sociopath kills and feels no right or wrong about what they do - so using this logic should we just forgive and forget? Or say, who I am to judge what his belief system is.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

TPM--- what is you question???

P.S. if you are willing through all of my posts to find out my beliefs than all i have to say is "damn, do you ever quit???
"

my question is simple. how would you react if you found out america or britain or any other country started doing the same things terrorists did. blatantly killing civilians, using suicide bombers on buses and in public areas, that sort of thing.

would you think "no big deal since terrorists do it" or would you be pissed off?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

And the US/French/German/Columbian governments act for what is the greatest good of all? I emphatically think not. Are these the 'sane' people you refer to?

Yes they act for the people who think that violently cutting another mans head off while he is screaming and gurgling for life is a wrong act.

Yes I would be refering to the sane civilized world.

I emphaticially point out there are other countries fighting the uncivilized minority, try Israel, Turkey, or Pakistan also fighting the War on Terror.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
TSA.

When a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

A sociopath kills and feels no right or wrong about what they do - so using this logic should we just forgive and forget? Or say, who I am to judge what his belief system is.

How do you know that the sociopath didn't kill someone who later in their life would have killed 6 people in a drunk driving incident? The logic is an infinite regress, but it is sound.

link   
TPM--- thats an easy question that i already answered...

"the way i am is neutral: i dont care who lives / dies / why or how they die / who wins..."

i will add on: i dont care HOW they win...

happy???

link   
The Palestinians? Yes. Other terror groups? No.

The terrorists who are running amok blowing # up for Al Qaeda are idological morons and worthless non human trash blowing people up to spread an idea. Palestinians use thier tactics because they are a legitimate group of people driven from thier own land who have no army and state. Thiers is based on the simple basic human idea of Nationality.

Notice how during saddam reign, no suicide bombers were running around blowing up his palaces, or leaving roadside bombs for convoys. No foreigners were sneaking in trying to kill the Baathists and such. Only after we got there. Why?

Ideology. There is no justification in the world for spreading religion or ideas at the point of a sword or in the blast of a bomb. NONE.

So, in reality, there is no justification for terrorist tactics. See difference between freedom fighters and terrorists.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen, introducing TSA.

Pure, unadalterated sociopath.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It simply comes down to this, if it is ok for them to do it, it is ok for us to do it. If it is not ok for us to do it, it is not ok for him to do it-period.

If you have so much hate that you're willing to kill innocent people who are trying to help you, then you have some serious mental problems

Well, we do do it. Has everyone forgot the millions of people who have died because of America since the Gulf War? Has evryone forgot that the biggest casualties in the Iraqi War were Iraqi Civilians? Civilians could not even flee the country because they were mowed down by troops who thought they were enemy soldiers and didn't bother to give them a proper warning. Not to mention all the bombs and missiles dropped on supposedly military targets which turned out to just be people's houses. We hate the terrorists for killing our citizens, and then we go and kill multiple times more of Afghan and Iraqi citizens.

However, the Geneva Accord is an agreement entered into by GOVERNING bodies, not militant groups and individuals ergo they are not subject to it's mandates

Except we don't follow that anymore, neither the War Crimes Tribunal. Bush thought the UN would use political terrorism and he has already been tried as a War Criminal in Japan.

Yes, that was my point. I do not condone nor do I support any thing that these sick human be... er, animals are doing to innocent people. But from their perspective, the acts are justifiable as it furthers THEIR agenda

So, are you talking about terrorists or the US here? Or both!

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

How do you know that the sociopath didn't kill someone who later in their life would have killed 6 people in a drunk driving incident? The logic is an infinite regress, but it is sound.

Aaah, the old philosophy 101 what if. Prove to me that an individual's life is predetermined and I will concede the point. Otherwise I will continue to see the butchering of non-combatants as a vile act that serves no long-lasting purpose.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well, someone had to do it...I present to you the biggest peice of hypocrocy i've ever seen. Just read this post and let the words of TSA speak for himself.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

here is my favorite part of the thread...

Acting on behalf of the CIA and the Pentagon, Negroponte's mandate is to quell the insurgency by creating a reign of terror. It should come as no surprise that "on the day he was appointed to Iraq, Honduras decided to bring its troops in Iraq home." (Financial Times, April 21, 2004)

What form will the Iraqi death squadrons take under Negroponte's mandate?

In all likelihood, a new wave of covert civilian killings and targeted assassinations will be unleashed, to weed out civilian support for the insurgency. In this task, the "embassy" will attempt to enlist the support of officials of the former Baathist regime.

enjoy!

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Well, we do do it. Has everyone forgot the millions of people who have died because of America since the Gulf War?

What history book are you reading upside down?

What acredited non biased resource recorded millions of deaths?

The Gulf War was the CNN war and everythign was televised, if an image didnt make it to American media then it ended up on the foreign press.

Im sure everyone in international media, all the thousands of them just seemed to miss "millions" of people being gunned down.

Im sure they just dissapeared and no ones spy satellites have noticed mass graves nor have the survivors ever seemed to notice millions have just vanished.

Quit making inflmatory and incorrect statements. Do you like the sound of a million or is that just the highest number you can count to?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
are those words mine???

i copied and pasted that!

you caught me...

too bad i already was warned for that...

o yeah...

a person can change his views / beliefs in one months time...

P.S. you spelled hypocrocy wrong...

its hypocricy

[edit on 22-6-2004 by they see ALL]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Funny how your views can go from one polar extreme to another in one month. From America, the evil, slaughtering innocent civilians, empire to Al Queda, the people who do what they have to do to win.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by mpeake]

[edit on 22-6-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
maybe a giant asteroid hitting us wouldn't be so bad after all...

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

are those words mine???
i copied and pasted that!
you caught me...
too bad i already was warned for that...
a person can change his views / beliefs in one months time...

I gotta ask - are you that easily swayed by what you read or do you post with the intent of provoking a heated response?

also are you acknowledging that you plagiarized someone's elses opinion in the Negroponte piece?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
TSA - Have the beheading done any good as far as reducing the military pressure put upon them? Have the beheadings made us scream "run away, it's too dangerous!"? The answer - NO.

If anything, the stupid, deplorable terrorist acts have strengthened the resolve of those over here. Every time I bring up a terrorist topic, the people I speak to (dems and reps, by the way) are unified in saying that they wish Al Quaeda and their supporters would get theirs (in the A$$).

These are desperate acts from desperate people - nothing less.

You speak as though you are a supporter of the terrorists.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by natas]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Bleys---

yes (for the first two questions and no for the third)

i look forward to see people getting information from many sources and not just their countries biased sources...

i also look forward to see people changing their views daily!

make new theories and get new information and spread your findings!

i also love "provoking" a "heated" responses...

and i did NOT plagiarize someone's opinion in the Negroponte piece...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join