It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there something else going on????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
Everyone is indeed free to choose, but religion is brainwashing plain and simple. Brainwashed people exhibit a form of addiction when concerning religion. It is amazing how many people will go against their core beliefs and feelings just because they were told that it was not right by their religious institute.

That's not true, though.

If religion truly brainwashed people, then I suggest that we would be living in a far better world than we are today !

Clearly you are a religious person whom is so caught up in their religion that they cannot see the plain truth.

If God exists, then they have no motives like any that religion believes.

How arrogant, how stupid, how incredibly naive is it to believe that we tiny insignificant specs of matter could ever contemplate the mind of god or what they do or do not want of us???

All religion is flawed because of this single truth. We know not what a supreme being could want. Thus all religion is, is what a few people thought would be cool for a god to want or not want.

The rest has been invented; it is a prison for your mind so that they can turn you into a slave.

Wake up, stop believing what they tell you just because and start to think for yourself!!!!

Korg.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Korg Trinity because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Clearly you are a religious person whom is so caught up in their religion that they cannot see the plain truth.

With respect, clearly you appear to be someone that can't offer an accurate, or impartial appraisal on a situation such as this, without falling foul of logically fallacious arguments.

Where on earth have I said, or even implied, that I'm a ''religious person'' !?

If God exists, then they have no motives like any that religion believes.

Sorry, you've just fallen for the same faux pas that you accuse religious people of falling for...

''If God exists, then they have no motives like any that religion believes. ''

Talk about anthropomorphising a theoretical and conjectural deity !

All religion is flawed because of this single truth. We know not what a supreme being could want. Thus all religion is, is what a few people thought would be cool for a god to want or not want.

But, the followers of Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Tribal religions etc. appear to know what a ''Supreme Being'' would want, so, with respect, who are you to say that anybody would not know what a ''God'' would want, or is ?

The rest has been invented; it is a prison for your mind so that they can turn you into a slave.

Right, we're going to need a bit more substance to this claim, other than a few hackneyed words and phrases on this particular point...

Where's the prison ? Why, where, or how am I a slave ?

Wake up, stop believing what they tell you just because and start to think for yourself!!!!

I don't believe what anyone tells me.

So, there's no need for me to ''stop believing'' what they tell me, right ?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Where on earth have I said, or even implied, that I'm a ''religious person'' !?

You said.....

Originally posted by Sherlock HolmesThat's not true, though.

If religion truly brainwashed people, then I suggest that we would be living in a far better world than we are today !

Come on, have you ever heard of deductive reasoning Sherlock?? Your comments reveal more about you than perhaps you would like to be known??

Sorry, you've just fallen for the same faux pas that you accuse religious people of falling for...

''If God exists, then they have no motives like any that religion believes. ''

Talk about anthropomorphising a theoretical and conjectural deity !

Again your logic fails....

Do you agree that the universe is rather large? Do you believe that we are the only sentient intelligent life in the universe?

What makes us so special that we know what a God would want of us?

If a God indeed exists then they would no more be able to communicate thier thoughts to us as we would be able to with microbes.

But, the followers of Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Tribal religions etc. appear to know what a ''Supreme Being'' would want, so, with respect, who are you to say that anybody would not know what a ''God'' would want, or is ?

All the religions you have cited are the perfect example of people being told what god would want of them, I reiterate what people told them what god would want of them

They think they know but each religion has its own ideas and they are non reconcilable with each other, are they all right? That’s not possible so again using deductive reasoning if they are not all right then either one is right and the others are wrong or they are all wrong.

Now it's the thought that one is right and the others are wrong which causes the conflict, the maiming the pillaging the rape and the murder.

Without organised religion you will have people believing in what they want to believe without being TOLD what to believe. There may still be conflict but by no means on the same scale as Organised Religion.

Right, we're going to need a bit more substance to this claim, other than a few hackneyed words and phrases on this particular point...

Where's the prison? Why, where, or how am I a slave?

As you have applied this statement to yourself and your previous comments, I deduce that you are a Christian or have been brought up as a catholic, though you are not an active religious person (you don't go to church) you still hold the values impressed upon you from being young.

The fact that you are active on this thread leads me to deduce that deep inside you know that Religion is in fact a lie but you are in a personal struggle with your thoughts verses your values.

The Prison is the fact that you have been programmed from a very early age to believe in a God of your religion, that the core values that this God wants of you are x,y,z. yet these core values were written by a man, for the intention of being able to control man. To subdue him into doing thier bidding by way of reducing reasoning in the name of Faith.

You are a slave because you are a product of your upbringing, how you react all comes down to this foundation and that foundation has been built upon lies. So your actions are not your own, they are swayed by the writings and organisations of a few very powerful men.

I don't believe what anyone tells me.

So, there's no need for me to ''stop believing'' what they tell me, right ?

The damage has already been done, the moment it was instilled in you to believe. however, the good news is it’s not too late. With true logical reasoning you can break the programming and become free from the binds of what has been told to you as right and wrong, but do good because it feels good and if you choose to do bad then that is your way.

Most religious people I have spoken with have said things like "if we didn't have religion then what would stop people from doing bad things if not for the fear of god’s wrath"

Actually our evolution has led us to develop empathy, it's our empathy that enabled our race to advance as far as we have, for without it would have been doomed. People do good things that benefit other people because it is an in built biological imperative for a race to survive to our level of existence.

To conclude, If there is indeed a God out there, they would not resemble anything like any idea of god of any religion on this planet. We could not contemplate what they are or what they want, ergo all religions of the planet earth are incorrect.

Korg.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Korg Trinity because:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
its totally a pop culture media event...

the MSM follows Terry Jones, a maverick church leader...pretty much like watching Houdini
strapped in a multi-locked straight-jacket, suspended upside down over the Niagra Falls...
waiting for the axe to fall, waiting for a fatwa assassin to do their deed...

the whole thing was a spectacle to be paraded before the crowds, at the media circus, for their approval..
if the public wanted more coverage they would have gotten it...

if the public thumbed their nose at a non-event, the media would drop Terry Jones as a non interesting whacko, together with the out-of-step-with-society people that continue to stay in his congregation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join