It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the outrage on this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Iranian woman may still face stoning: son
www.cbc.ca...

We have a global uprising about a book being burned. Why not for this beautiful young woman? Why is preserving a book more important than a precious life? I would like to here Harpers comments about his opinion on death by stoning. Why is the muslim world not uprising against this cruel and barbaric act of violence against this woman, and so many others! Read more: www.cbc.ca...#ixzz0z6daprrX

Did obama make a life saving comment?
Nope
Did world gather to save this beautiful young lady?
Nope they gathered to stop a silly book burning which doesn't deserve any media coverage at all.

I think this more important then a silly book burning, when will the world leaders step up?
and denounce the act of the dark ages and save her.

So far Only abc, cbc covered this once.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
As despicable and sad as this is, what are we gonna do? Go Trojan and start a war against Iran to save the gal, kinda like Paris fighting for Helen?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012
As despicable and sad as this is, what are we gonna do? Go Trojan and start a war against Iran to save the gal, kinda like Paris fighting for Helen?

Yeah, but 99.99% of the islamic world deplore this. Right?

I can hear them now.

*chirp chirp chirp*

Yep, but oh crap burn a book a world away, and DEATH TO AMERICA!!!!11

99.99% are sure vocal, no?

Lets build a mosque in the hopes to share this wonderful glee.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Where's the outrage "Death to Americans"

Why does Interpol have to put out an alert to 188 countries IF - IF IF IF IF IF
it's only a few muslims reacting violently to the burning of some paper and ink?

edit on 10-9-2010 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
awww I thought everyone was saying Iran was sooooo peaceful......
That just goes to show how brutal countries in the Middle East are. Women have no say so, and no rights other than taking care of children and making children.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Yes it is brutal and they should be educated to know this...To learn a different way.

But lets not forget our own barbaric roots..

It wasn't long ago we were burning people as witches, every castle had a torture chamber, natives were hunted for fun, indians were scalped (some while alive),,

I could go on and on...But the answer is to teach..And it takes time..

edit on 10-9-2010 by CynicalM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Yeah, and let's not forget that the US bombed Iraq and Afghanistan killing and mutilating thousands of infants, women and children.
Oops - that never happened.
Yeah, they care so much.

This is all just tit-for-tat manipulation.
I'm sure they cared so much for Muslim women when Reagan had his Iran-Contra scandal, or when they first supported the Mujehadeen and Taliban. Oh, and people never get executed by Sharia law in "good Muslim" countries like Saudi Arabia.

Oh no, but Iran is the new MSM devil - oh that poor woman.
Just like that Jessica Lynch scam the US media constructed with the 'brave female soldier" they "rescued" from an Iraqi hospital.

I do agree, Ashtiani's apparent plight touches me, despite the contradictions. But it's all so forced. Is it even real? She seemed very surprised at her supposed 99 lashes yesterday.
What about masses of women being raped and mutilated in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, under the noses of the UN?
Nope, it's Iran that must be consistently demonized, that's all that counts for now.

edit on 10-9-2010 by halfoldman because: name additions

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

True..Also do you know, to this day countries like malaysia etc still cane people?

Even illegal immagrants, I think its automatic 5 canes and deported..

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
In many States of the USA, they still gas, poison and electrocute criminals, but what does the rest of the Western world do about it ? Nothing.

Why then, do you expect the rest of the Muslim world to do something about this ?

Independent countries have their own autonomy, and most other countries do not want to get embroiled in the internal affairs of another.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: Corrected typo.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

They certainly do, but there's also a fair share of propaganda about it in the West.
I recall a Muslim woman being sentenced to caning for drinking alcohol, and she actually welcomed it, although it still hasn't happened. The thing is, the majority of people there actually want those laws.

I just think there's also worse things going on - what one reads and sees in clips about the Congo is really shocking.
It is so bad, I don't know if I can even link to it on ATS.

But, already during colonial wars with Muslim countries Western forces became instant feminists for women's rights in Islam - they justified their own atrocities with that self-deception.
Ultimately that is nonsense, and that's what we're being sold now.
An emblemic face of barbaric misogyny.
That's propaganda.
And that whole story of her being in a photo in London with or without a hajib - oh please.
It's like taking a black woman on the US death-row and making a case emblemic for the way you treat women (and I think the US did just excecute a mentally disabled woman).

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I am totally outraged to think that the world will stand by and allow someone to be stoned.

And I totally agree that book burning is nothing compared to this.

Why don't her own people save her?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

True and as I recall, the US Supreme Court recently ruled that all the TORTURE inflicted by the US on "so called" terrorists was OK...

Kinda shocking I think...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Stoning someone to death is discusting and it should never be allowed. However, the burning of the koran is in fact more important right now. Because the burning of the koran, if it occurs, could potentially spark a holy war, which would span across the world. So for the world leaders to try and stop this from happening, they are potentially saving thousands of lives, rather than just one woman from being stoned to death. I do hope that they do something to save her though, because in this day and age, stoning is simply unthinkable and should never occur.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Every age and generation has it's share of injustice. The Persians are far from having the market cornered in that regard.

The vast majority of Iranians embrace the west and western culture thanks in no small part to the Shah. Try as they damned well might the Imams haven't been able to purge the country of western influence and a love of all things western.

This poor woman has a double whammy coming down on her. The Islamic theocracy is desperately trying to turn the clock back five hundred years and appear focused on what they perceive to be "sex crimes" and the role of women as the morally bankrupt instigators. In short, western mores are on trial and the current face applied to it happens to be Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani. If it were not her it would be another.

Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani is doubly cursed in that her case caught the eye of the west. It would have been in her best interest for the western media to have ignored the story while back channel diplomacy was pursued. This would have made it much easier for the Imams to commute her sentence.

As it stands now the religious leaders are in something of a catch 22. Whether or not they wanted it to happen they and this case have been thrust upon the world stage. Not only does this not give them any wiggle room to change their minds it also obligates them, to a degree, to take a hard line stance against western influence. Not only is the world watching, the Iranians are watching.

My own opinion is that if they had really wanted to execute this woman she'd already be dead. But, I've noticed that the Imams seem to employ a tactic of dragging these cases out for as long as they can and then, at the last possible moment, commute the sentence. The approach seems to be to appear hard lined to the home crowd and once they've harvested all the political hay they can with the locals they do an about face to show the world what benevolent moderates they are by commuting the sentence.

I hope that I'm right for this woman's sake but the Imams may do just the opposite. In the end it's their bat, their ball and their rules. From our enlightened perspective (and I say that sarcastically) we may disagree with and have no comprehension of their value system but that does not give us the high moral ground to dictate to the Iranians what their value system should be. When the Iranians themselves have had enough the Imams will be sent packing. After all, the rest of the population appears normal.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by 19872012

Yeah, but 99.99% of the islamic world deplore this. Right?

I can hear them now.

*chirp chirp chirp*

Yep, but oh crap burn a book a world away, and DEATH TO AMERICA!!!!11

99.99% are sure vocal, no?

Lets build a mosque in the hopes to share this wonderful glee.

Islamic world? You are so ignorant. There is no Islamic world there is only one world. But I see what you are trying to do here(sorry it fails here).

A life taken is a life taken. Where is your outrage about the mentally handicapped woman being on death row? About countless innocents trapped in death row? How about the fact that this woman had knowledge of the fact two men(who she had affaires with) were going to murder her husband - a really forgotten piece of the story in Western media? Ow wait, I can hear you now: 'chirp, chirp, chirp'.

Of course when your worldview is so skewed and off, in your own head burning a book might not seem like a big deal. Why not burn all the books right? I mean, we need fire for warmth, who needs to read letters or who needs to understand history

Nice try tying the whole Islamic faith to building mosques. Question: Do you know how many different kinds of Islam there are? Do you understand the differences? Do you understand the fact that America supports Saudi Arabia and in turn the regime in Sudan? What do you know about Islam there? Do you know what happens in these Islamic parts supported by the US?

Do I even need to guess?

PS, stop pulling percentages out your A-hole and start denying ignorance instead of embracing it.

top topics

join