It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 principal laws that govern this existence: Something/Nothing and duality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
2 principal laws that govern this existence: Something vs Nothing and duality (good/bad, light/dark etc etc)

These two laws are the foundation of existence.

What do you think?

edit on 10-9-2010 by saabacura because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I think it's more of a positive/negative duality, it is able to be described as good/bad, yet I think good and bad are more along the lines of a moral perspective on things.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
You got it wrong but you are on the right track. There are a pair of duality or maybe better said as the duality has itself a duality. Nothings opposite is not something, it's everything. Somethings opposite is anything. Together the four make a cross

Everything
I
I
I
Anything -----------------Something
I
I
I
Nothing

Well this diagram didn't come out well but imagine a cross with anything above and left of nothing something above and right of nothing and everything directly above nothing and above anything/something

edit on Fri September 10th, 2010 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
More or less. Black/White, +/-, up/down. It's all the same, just definitions.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

This "Nothing" is a very, very strange “Component" because in a weird sort of way, “Nothing” is “Something”..... As it (Nothing) can be identified…

i.e. When it is said, “There is Nothing in there.”

So if this "Component" you call “Nothing” can be Identified, then this implies it, that this “Nothing” is indeed "Something"… Or you would not be able to identify it…

So if you saw Nothing.... you have identified this Component again, called "Nothing" ???

edit on 10-9-2010 by The Matrix Traveller because: word change

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Something vs Nothing and duality

These two laws are the foundation of existence.

How are these two things...laws?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Or are they "Components" and Not Laws ???

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
no, there isnt a good bad thing

something good in my perspective, may be bad in yours, so, there isnt a ultimate good or bad thing

but I agree, that everything we speak can either be false or true, so, it may exists that true/false duality, but, the value of the statement will depend on the perspective, meaning: there isnt a true or false value for everything in a absolute form, it depends on your perspective and or theory

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Come to realize it...

the only rule that governs this existence is something vs nothing.

This rule allows duality to exist.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

This "Nothing" is a very, very strange “Component" because in a weird sort of way, “Nothing” is “Something”..... As it (Nothing) can be identified…

i.e. When it is said, “There is Nothing in there.”

So if this "Component" you call “Nothing” can be Identified, then this implies it, that this “Nothing” is indeed "Something"… Or you would not be able to identify it…

So if you saw Nothing.... you have identified this Component again, called "Nothing" ???

edit on 10-9-2010 by The Matrix Traveller because: word change

I am assuming that you are saying.. nothing is actually something. I agree.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
EDIT MY WHOLE THREAD

ONLY ONE RULE GOVERNS THIS EXISTENCE, SOMETHING AND NOTHING.

duality exists because something exists.... so

THE UNIVERSE IS GOVERNED BY THE LAW OF SOMETHING THERE OR NOTHING THERE.....

ZERO VS .00000000000000000000000000000000001 TO INFINITY

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I agree with damwel, Nothing and Something aren't opposites, Nothing and Everything ARE. Our Universe is in a gray area between Nothing and Everything in that some things exist and some things do not. Our minds have the ability to invent things that do not exist - duality is only possible in the mind.

I don't think that Nothingness exists outside the realm of abstract concepts, even in empty space there are likely particles or quantum fields or some kind of underlying construct to the Universe.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

ALL is made of the “Opposites” which are sub-components of the One "Component"…

What is in-between is the 3rd "Component", which is this little universe which appears to you and me at present.

These 3 "Components" form an "abstract Triune" which All is Constructed "on" or "through".

Simple example (equations).... “Ohms Law”.

V = I x R

And even more simple 1 + 1 = 2

The Source is “Non-dimensional” and what you experience is the Result of “Communication and “Decoding” between the “Opposites” of this Non-Dimensional "Source".

If this were Not the Case regarding "Communication" ("Awareness" being a "part")…. you would Not know you exist….

You wrote….

Our minds have the ability to invent things that do not exist - duality is only possible in the mind.

Our Minds are each a “Partition” of a single Mind if Not you would Not refer to “Our” which is Plural.
But when Invented now exist….

But this can only happen if they already existed in another form i.e. made up of “Building blocks” which the Source is made up of… (the 3 Components mentioned above)

You wrote…

I don't think that Nothingness exists outside the realm of abstract concepts.

You are 100 % correct.

Seeing that the “Source” is “Non-Dimensional” having No “Size” or “Shape”, and All is the result of “Communication” involving Concepts of Geometry…

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
OP, You should read this if you haven't already.

www.kybalion.org...

You can even download it in audio here and listen to it for free;

thoughtaudio.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What is amazing to realize, is that most people are not even aware of the malicious stratagem going on just above their heads. It is disturbing to think that anyone could feel well integrated in such a decadent society, destined to fall under the occult forces of obscurantism. When men refuse to be governed by God, they condemn themselves to be governed by tyrants.

This is part of the full text available at www.missionarieswithoutborders.com. Go to this site and you will find your way out of this necessary evil inflicted on the world.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Duality doesn't exist in reality. It only seems to exist due to our insanely limited perception. Let's take two common dualities:

Big/small:
What's big? hmm...an elephant
Well, the sun is bigger.
Ok, the sun.
And Betelgeuse is even bigger
Ok, that.
And a galaxy is a lot bigger...
Alright, a galaxy then.
Which one? Some are a lot bigger than others.
Etc until you get to the universe.

Now, if you get to the opposite end: What's small?
A golf ball
What about a marble, marbles are a lot smaller
etc in the same way until you get down to something like an atom (yes, I am aware of the existence of subatomic particles)

So a proton is about 10^-15 m wide or one millionth of a nanometer. 0.0000000000000001 meters wide. That's so small we can't even conceive of it. Paper? That's 0.0001 m thick....so this is a hell of a lot smaller than that.

As for the universe...it's about 13.7 light years across, or 12960923900000000 meters.

The differences is over 30 decimal places, a scale that the human mind can't conceive of, yet we put it in a duality of 'big' and 'small'

Now let's look at hot/cold.

0 K is absolute zero, absolutely no atomic motion. Atoms stop moving, there is no energy in a system, you cannot get any colder. Our sun is over 6300 K and it isn't even the hottest star. Freezing point of water in Kelvins is 273.15 K, so that's how cold it is when it snows. When it's 100 F out it's 311 K, yet we put that as a duality between 'hot' and 'cold', even though they're just an insignificant sliver on the scale of things.

Dualities are silly, they only exist when we impose them.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

As you can see... By what you wrote...

We are indeed "Comparators"...

So there are still OppositesBigger” in one direction and "Smaller" in the Opposite Direction.

"Conceptually" there are no ends to the Scale, but there is "Direction" regarding size, in other words "Opposite" Directions in the Scale of things..

Or am I incorrect???

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

There may be 'opposites' but they exist only on a vast scale with various 'opposites' in the middle of that scale. There is an opposite between the biggest and the smallest thing, but it's irrelevant because the sheer different is impossible for the human mind to comprehend. We can't even understand the scale difference between an ant and a blue whale properly due the the difference and we're dealing with magnitudes difference. The only opposites that truly have any meaning to humanity are self-imposed.

And there are situations where there aren't true opposites...like light and dark. Visible light is a tiny fraction of the electromagnetic spectrum. A room can be dark but be full of ultraviolet light that we simply cannot see. The room is bright, but to us it's dark. So with that there seems to be more of a wheel rather than a linear scale.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

And there are situations where there aren't true opposites...like light and dark. Visible light is a tiny fraction of the electromagnetic spectrum. A room can be dark but be full of ultraviolet light that we simply cannot see. The room is bright, but to us it's dark. So with that there seems to be more of a wheel rather than a linear scale.

Yes In see your Point....

Don't forget if interpreted as Light waves, Light waves have a "Peak" and a "Trough"... Opposites and if interpreted as particles, have "opposites" too.

a. A Particle
And...
b. No Particle.

As though digital…

Can you tell me what the interpretation is; of the “trough” and “peaks” represented by light waves ???

Are we talking; a variation in "amplitude" as an offset and if so how do we display this in a Scale, and what is the scale ???

Or are theses "waves" to be interpreted as an “Oscillation”, i.e. ether side and passing through zero ???

Perhaps you may be able to explain...

top topics

join