It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put Your Stamp on ATS 2010: Member Skins (UPDATED!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
How about a nice boring plain black background? Sure the pictures are nice, but that's not what i'm here for. I prefer my websites to be about as bland as they can be.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

www.purple.com

edit on 10-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: I wanted to mash the keyboard some more with my fat hairy knuckles.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I love the new skins. They are a great addition to the board. Looking forward to see more amazing additions from fellow members

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I love the new skins. They are a great addition to the board. Looking forward to see more amazing additions from fellow members

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The dynamic_wrapper is about 50px too thin either side on my monitor. It breaks the illusion of #forumbody being enclosed in an abstract ambiance.

It's probably best to cater for wider monitors as they're becoming increasingly cheaper.

EDIT:Can we also make it a standard that all backgrounds vertically graduate into the grey background at the bottom for a more seamless effect? A top layer in the *.psd file with a vertical gradient would do the trick.

edit on 10-9-2010 by rexusdiablos because: Forgot to add gradient suggestion.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
very nice addition guys,,,,

truthfully judging by the avatars,,i thought EVERYONE here was some sort of photoshop guru
hell,,,i cant even figure out how to get my avatar (no thanks to photoshop,which i have and cant figure out:flame
under my name.
anywho,,,its a nice service and it does add the elagence you sought

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

gonna keep trying to make some more. wont feel offended if they are not picked at all, they are just an idea,.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great skin you have there. A perfect skin for ATS. Good job my friend.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wow just when you thought it couldn't get better you guys come back and raise the bar even higher. Great job guys skins should be fun to create.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
got another. bit rough needs polishing.

feedback on anychanges that you would make to the pictures are welcome.

most things can be done vey easily so dont be afraid to ask

edit on 10-9-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I hate to come back to the Helvetica issue, but that font comes in about 60+ varieties and the basic package of the standard four sells for nearly $100 at Adobe or $26 x 4 at the owners (Linotype).

I have every incarnation of Office Pro and PS, including the last few CS bundles and a search of all my in hand fonts does not come up with Helvetica, so it must always be required to purchase it separately.

I see the only place it appears is in your signature at the bottom right, so why would we need it?

SO, is it OK to just replace it with Arial in the same approximate size since Arial looks the same and everyone has it? Photoshop substitutes Myriad Pro (which also looks the same) automatically but some may only have Arial available on other software.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
I haven't finished reading this thread yet but - Photoshop???? Do you think we are all made of money or what?

Why not a Paintshop Pro or Paint.NET template? I would love to have a go at this but I cannot afford Photoshop (nor would I either)

The template SO provided can also be manipulated in the GIMP, which is freeware

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I hope to see some excellent submissions over the course of this. What I see so far looks really good

Just sent in my piece entitled "Into the Wormhole"

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ddc1ed41b8ba.jpg[/atsimg]

I can do backgrounds all day long but have no idea how to get the ATS format in front of it

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Some that I have just done since getting off shift.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f99c29dc2ca.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0277db36319.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c41731036c87.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6628c31466cc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2142dd034d11.jpg[/atsimg]

Have the full images if you would like any of them. Love doing stuff like this so will do some more tomorrow after a fun day on the Ambulance.

Hope you like

ETA: All images apart from the aircraft one were taken by myself in my photog days

edit on 10-9-2010 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I hate to be a downer on this, and honestly I think it looks really cool too - but unfortunately, I've been having problems with my video card overheating - I've gone through 2 of them in less than 6 months (a friend happened to have a spare lying around) and I don't have the spare cash to blow on a new one; it's hard enough for me to earn enough cash to pay my bills, buy food, and put gas in my car these days.

Anyway, sorry for being negative, but I just want to know if there's an option somewhere of turning these skins off and just using a plain, boring, black background - I got my old Voodoo3 card to work in this system, but even with a decent processor and 2 gigs of ram, it's not enough to load up ATS without sitting and waiting several minutes for the "skin" to load

Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sum1one

There's no way a large background image can make or break your video card overheating,

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hi here are some i have done using photoshop. I decided to take specific topic names from the board and use those. Also theres one that i doodled in my spare time. Scanned it in and edited it slightly in Photoshop.

Conspiracy Doodle

Alien Life

Alien by by ~renoiro Website

Dark City

Space The Final Frontier

Will get some more done soon. Bit late now as its 2:50am. Also some of the skins already on ATS are an eyesore. Not being mean but they are really poor resolutions.

edit on 10-9-2010 by StealthKix because: Too many spaces

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthKix

Nice work on that alien skin!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join