Submission Requirements Have Changed
We've had more than one member (and a couple public posts) wonder if it would be possible to open up to submissions from members for the new skins
that are accompanying ATS 2010 -- the answer is yes.
First, since not all members are on very-wide or high-resolution monitors, here's a look at some of the skins running right now...
The idea is simple, an 1800x900 pixel JPEG image sits "behind" the content of ATS. The execution can be difficult as we're striving for a level of
sophistication and elegance in these "stock" backgrounds/skins that elevates our "brand."
This link is to a Photoshop template that has all the layers anyone would need to work on their masterpiece...
The file contains our logo and typeset "deny ignorance" in the appropriate places (must remain in the fixed location), as well as a spot to indicate
your ATS member name on the skin.
For those without Photoshop, you may use these PNG files as your layers:
(1) Do not reposition the logo or top black-bar
(2) Do not reposition the deny ignorance text, or the "credit" text
(3) Keep the text subtle, not a bright white
(4) The bottom fade and central shadow must remain
(5) The file size as a JPEG must be able to compress down to the 60k-range
(6) Any artwork you use must belong to you, or is material you have the rights to use
(7) We prefer beautiful abstractions, but compelling imagery (that is beautiful) that matches ATS topics will certainly be considered
(8) Make sure you give yourself credit
Send your finished PNG or PSD files to me via email ---> bill
and make sure the subject line
contains "ATS 2010 SKIN" so I notice it.
edit on 10-9-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: revised submission guidelines