It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Jones Accused of 'Spiritual Abuse' at Cologne Church

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

This is basically all true, the media is driving this event and using it as a political distraction for sure. There is a bigger agenda here too though, as clearly the U.S. and Israel both have been trying to drum up support for a war against Iran for the better part of three years now, with not much success.

Suddenly a Community Center being build by a Moderate Muslim Imam with ties to the U.S. State Department and the FBI where he conducts specialized training, and a radical pastor, kicked out of his own Church in Germany where he had been since 1980 up until a year ago maintaining a cult like following and control of his congregants until they rebelled, has changed and charged the political and religious atmosphere to a greater extent than the 9-11 attacks did themselves.

Now a near tinder box of emotion exists that it won't take but one spark to set it off. Should that spark be able to be blamed in the Muslim world and Iran in particular I think we will see the whole purpose of this agenda.

An increasingly radicalized and bigoted America continuing on with the path it has been for now too long, a perpetual war machine.

Troubling days if you ask this animal my friend.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

CNN last night was making excuses for why they followed and aired this story - they know they shouldn't have. Perhaps in the future they will give it more thought before proceeding.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Is always an agenda and a conspiracy in the making when stupid news like Terry Jones comes around, is just that people love to pursue sensationalism and forget about real news.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

CNN last night was making excuses for why they followed and aired this story - they know they shouldn't have. Perhaps in the future they will give it more thought before proceeding.

Sure they are making excuses while they go ahead and keep airing it, I want to know why they aren't talking about this story in Germany, you can bet the networks are aware of it and why they aren't telling the public about it is beyond me.

The next time a story similar to this comes up they will go ahead and air it, CNN, Faux and MSNBC all mimic each other..

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Proto I sent this information to MSNBC, CNN and FAUX News, haven't heard nary a word back from them via emial and nothing on television, taking bets.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I don't see anything worth defending about this man.

People like him have come at certain times in the history of the world and they've brought hatred, fear and death, usually by manipulating large crowds of people to carry out their agenda.

See: Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol-Pot, Mussolini, etc.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Proto I sent this information to MSNBC, CNN and FAUX News, haven't heard nary a word back from them via emial and nothing on television, taking bets.

Great job at trying. Something tells me the Mainstream Media knows all about this man and doesn't care. If more people saw him and knew him for what he was, there would go there ratings and ability to use him to manipulate a controversy that fills up 24 hours of programming.

Programming, where else do we hear that word?

Oh yeah in brainwashing.

Have to love the illuminists they come right out and tell you the truth of everything and then laugh while we deny it!

Thanks for posting my friend.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

Newsmedia generally wants blood, guts and venom. They actively desire it because it makes money for them. They will continue to search and find the very worst examples of any group and aggrandize it. They will continue to rub their hands at creating artificial conflicts and "current issues".

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
what if you burnt a koran and when you died you found out mohammed was the real god? what if he let most christians and other religions slide because they didn't know any better, but sent you to hell because you burned the book? i'm not a muslim or anything, my belief is just that if god exists he will understand that i am just an ignorant human and i didn't know any better than to have my strange primitive beliefs. if god exists i doubt he wants to sit around and watch us argue about who interprets him the right way.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Controversy sells, pushing people's emotional hot buttons, is what keeps people engaged long after they should have dissengaged.

The News Media since it became a 24/7/365 constant broadcast effort, has become increasingly desperate to keep those 24 hours filled with emotional hot button topics to keep people watching.

You would likely find this interesting Skyfloating, as I think it's a great example of how powerful that can be.

When the First Gulf War, Air War broke out I was enroute to Las Vegas, from Los Angeles. I would typically fly from LA to Vegas two or three times a week after work, stay up all night gambling and fly back to LA in time to get to work the next day.

Because I was a frequent visitor my rooms and food were always complimentary.

Yet I had never actually slept in one of my hotel beds in what was easily hundreds of trips to Vegas, and rarely tore myself away from the tables to eat either.

Yet as soon as I got there on that trip, I turned on Headline News the only 24 hour channel, in those days and stayed in my room and never went to the tables, ordering meal after meal from Room Service, and actually stayed three days just watching the war unfold without ever once going to gamble.

So here I was obsessed, obsessed to the point that I totally didn't care about the thing that normally had me obsessed anymore.

The good news is I learned it was possible to actually go to vegas and pull myself away from the games.

The better news is I realized the extreme power, the drama and spectacle of some events has, and how the TV can really suck you in to it.

Out of that I learned how to pace myself at the tables in the future, balancing my time between other recreation, and the games, and became a much better gambler for it.

Out of that I learned it probably wasn't a good idea to watch too much TV and broadened my interests in the real world as a result.

People love drama and spectacle, bread and circuses. The 24/7/365 News Media is that modern equivalant of Circuses.

Conversely the classic Empire neared it's end when the Games at the Colloseum and Circuses began to dominate as much as 260 days out of the year.

So it's probably not a good idea, so many of us are engaged with the Media, 24/7/365.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Unfortunately I know your right!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

CNN has picked up on his german past and did a piece last night featuring ex-parisheners in Cologne so cudos to them,dont expect Fox to report it though they love stirring the pot too much.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix

CNN has picked up on his german past and did a piece last night featuring ex-parisheners in Cologne so cudos to them,dont expect Fox to report it though they love stirring the pot too much.

This is great news, I missed it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join