It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge blast in San Bruno; neighborhood on fire

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
reply to post by antar

My thoughts exactly. I too thought meteor. Has anyone got any further info regarding near misses etc. Or could it have been a quake that ruptured the pipe?
I'm not saying this isn't exactly what it is but it is a conspiracy site.

I don't think it was a meteor, but there were two very close fly bys due on Sept. 8th (I think). One was 0.3 LD, and the other one was even closer. Both asteroid/meteors were only discovered in the last couple of weeks. They were said to not pose a risk, but their estimated size would fit the damage in this location very well! There is a thread on ATS, I will search and edit in a few minutes.

Found Links!

2010 RX 30 Sep 8 0.6 LD Size 15m

2010 RF 12 Sep 8 0.2 LD Size 9m

www.spaceweather.com...

edit on 10-9-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
What a terrible tragedy!

Reports are now confirmed that 6 people have died in this terrible disaster.
and others are missing,

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Why all this wild conspiracy stories about metors, asteroids, UFO's?

IT WAS A GAS MAIN PEOPLE!

Not like this has happened before

I referenced the 1994 Edison NJ explosion - a high pressure gas main blew destroying an apartment complex

We could see the fire from where I live, some 25 miles north, I talked to several of the FF who where there

The radiant heat from the fire was fantastic. These high pressure mains take some time to shut down. The
residual pressure in the main can keep gas flowing for hour or more. The FF can not approach until main is shut down as is too dangerous and heat too much

Lets stick to reality.....

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Don't try to bring logic and common sense into this. Some people here often like to say that the mainstream media sweeps things under the rug, but at the same time they ignore when someone on here gives a rational explanation to an event. Just as last night at 2am when I posted that several residents had reported smelling gas in the neighborhood for about week, people here still want to assume that a meteor or ufo happened to crash there...in a neighborhood with a leaking gas main.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
Why all this wild conspiracy stories about metors, asteroids, UFO's?

*snip*

Lets stick to reality.....

Why? Because:

a) Gas mains don't just blow up by themselves. SOMETHING caused it. Yes, there's probably a perfectly reasonable explanation, but right now we don't know what that is, so speculation is natural.

b) This is ATS. What did you expect?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetpeanc

The motto of ATS is "DENY IGNORANCE"

Unfortunately too many people here seem to be into personal agendas and fantasties....

You are right - something caused the gas main to explode. Bet you wasn't a UFO, Metor, Asteroid or pixies....

Here is list of small recent gas explosion disasters, none of them cause by UFO's or other exotic reasons

en.wikipedia.org...

Possible reasons are someone excavating too close to pipe and damaging it - can take months for it to manifest ie 1994 Edison NJ pipeline explosion

Metal fatigue caused by vibrations from cars/trucks

Someone brought up that area is sesmic active - in realm of possibility earth movements caused damage to pipe

Good old fashion corrosion (aka rust) which weaken pipe

Occams razor states probably one (or more) of the above reasons would be cause in opposition to the exotic
fantasties often discussed here.......

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
ABC 7 in here in San Francisco is confirming that 6 people are dead from the event and San Bruno PD has declared the area a crime scene with firefighters still fighting fires.

Link: ABC 7 SF

One of my co-workers lives not 2 blocks from the area of the explosion. He said that him and his neighbors were evacuated. He was able to take some videos with his cell phone which are absolutely amazing if not for the video itself but the sound of the flames!

It pains me because that area is entirely single family homes affected by this disaster.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm deeply sorry for those people who have lost their lives in this terrible inferno, and for all those who are being affected by it. I hope they get it undercontrol soon.

As to the cause, I haven't seen any 'official line' on that at the moment, so it remains open to speculation.

What I do find interesting is that in the first two or three posts on this thread, it was reported that locals and FFs had heard the noise of a plane just before the explosion, and even that some of the FF's said it was a plane, yet the FAA is saying no plane.

Others are saying it's just a terrible accident due to a gas leak. If it turns out that it is anything other than a straightforward, albeit terribly tragic, gas leak, I will immediately suspect another Government crime.

I'm observing things closely from this point of view.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Thanks for the post on this, I'm reading up on it right now in the main stream news ( as it is basically all our sources) but when you read between the lines its quite interesting what happened. A gas line ruptured this happens, I have searched all morning to find resources where it reads when gas line ruptures, it sounds like a low flying airplane. You know when an airplane crashes, just the fact that the sources ( the people who LIVE THERE) where positive it was an airplane crash.. tells me right there that there's something a little more to this story.
Can anyone find other examples of natural gas lines rupturing and the residents hearing a low flying aircraft sound before the explosion?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

What I do find interesting is that in the first two or three posts on this thread, it was reported that locals and FFs had heard the noise of a plane just before the explosion, and even that some of the FF's said it was a plane, yet the FAA is saying no plane.

I find this interesting too. Many here are bashing others for speculating, however, this is ATS.
On other commentary throughout the web, people are posting speculation about a meteorite... and I know that maybe...maybe not has pointed out already that the two near hit meteors that passed the earth a couple of days ago obviously weren't the culprits.

However, what if (and this is pure theory of mine, which will probably be torn to shreds, and that is fine, as I am not well versed in these matters and have a thick skin) a "part" of one of these was pulled in by the earth's gravity? If it was "loose" or perhaps one of the meteors was carrying a smaller body next to it that wasn't ascertained by satellite imagery, and when it got close enough to the earth, it was pulled in by the gravitational pull of the earth? I have no idea if this is even plausible.

Just a thought I had, and I don't even know if it is valid. I am hoping that perhaps a person who has film of the sky before this will come forward... but anything that enters the atmosphere has to be large enough to withstand the atmosphere itself and not totally burn up before hitting the ground... And also it definately would have been seen by trackers.

The people suffering all the loss and fear of this tragedy need our prayers.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
2 things that are weird:

1) so many witnesses hearing "low flying plane" before blast

2) water was evaporated - so they had to truck in - all mains "turned off" by accident and unable to be turned on.

what? in San Francisco all the local radio stations find that story hard to swallow.

Heartfelt sympathy to those who live there!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
double post?

edit on 9/10/2010 by trusername because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
i have saw the video ... the fire is so HUGE at least 100 meters in the air
its like a huge propane tank have exploded .. i think the explosion was 500-1000 meters wide radius of crashed windows and burned houses the flying debris its a 10km freefall radius zone
i dont think anyone is to blame .. its a path of events that have lead to this nightmare scenario

my first though that came into my head is ... THE FOURTH HORSEMEN ... DEATH has strike
the reapers im sure they were standing there already waiting for the boom
it was their sad destiny .. ending like that ..terribly awfull i hope they didnt suffer to much ..
i dont know about my destiny how i will die
and i dont want to see it .. we never know when death will strike
especially if its an accident.. nobody did that on purpose
but its a sad event nonetheless

only their body died not their souls .. if it can help the famillies pains

theories ...
was it on purpose ??? ..the big question .. and/or
was it a meteorites stricking there ?? witness ??
was it a plane ?? witness ??
or a gas tnak / pipeline explode by a path of event leading to this accident

edit on 9/10/2010 by Ben81 because: S&F

edit on 9/10/2010 by Ben81 because: theories add

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by srbouska

The area of the explosion, most of San Bruno truth be told, is in the flight paths of airplanes going to and from SFO. I would think that it's possible there was an airplane flying over or near the scene moments before the explosion. But I remember hearing from the early reports off the TV that the sound of the explosion was that of a plane with a failing engine.

Stranger still, I'm not certain why local media outlets, like CBS 5, have been referring the epicenter of the explosion as a "crater."

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
with all the talk of a low flying plane. I wonder if it could have been a drone?
recently one went "out of contact" over DC www.cnn.com...

and there was discussion of bringing it down.......

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I find all the petroleum related disasters lately interesting.....

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I had not heard about the water evaporating - in the lines I assume due to the heat from the explosion? Anything further on that would be appreciated. Also was wondering if they were able to get all gas mains turned off? It was very sad to wake up this morning to the news of 6 dead and many injured. I doubt an asteroid hit this area as residents have reported the smell of gas in the area this past week. However, I am wondering about recent sesmic activity recently.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

I suppose the media is referring to the epicenter as a crater as it has left a very large and deep hole in the earth. I wonder how big and deep it is?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
No natural gas in my house. When I was a kid living in Gary,IN several neighborhoods on the the west side of town were evacuated to a ball field. Something happened to the valve that regulated gas pressure. I heard pilot lights shot up 6 feet.

People trying to get out said it was like a war zone, houses were exploding throwing debris into the streets. Some really nice homes just completely blew up. Nothing left but a big hole. If I remember correctly several people died.

Natural gas scares the hell out of me. The fact that I could be living over a bomb makes me a little nervous. All electric for me and a wood stove for heat.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join