It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future of/and Satanism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I felt like in these dark times, it would be a good idea to pass on this information. Considering this ‘religion’ seems to reign in our world now, not many people know what it means.

Satanism IS NOT a human sacrificial, blood thirsty, psudeo-religion, that has been glorified in hollywood motion pictures, and television shows. Satanism is based off of one idea. The GLORIFICATION of the HUMAN SPIRIT. The beautiful creation that is life! Satanism represents indulgence instead of abstinence. It takes its early roots, not so surprisingly, in Judaism (happy Rosh Hashanah). Here are the eleven satanic rules of the earth. Rules that have kept, and will continue to keep people safe, happy, and unified even in the hardest times.

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm little children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law....

Aleister Crowley

*ETA- link*

edit on 9/9/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Are you referring us to laws from the Church of Satan?
www.churchofsatan.com...
www.churchofsatan.com...
Am I correct here?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

The Church of Satan, of Anton LaVey had nine satanic statements.

ETA: It appears the above eleven have been added to Laveyan "doctrine" since the last time I paid attention in the early eighties.

edit on 9/9/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

And 11 rules; have a copy of his 'bible' myself.

There are 9 statements and 11 rules.

Wiki: Church of Satan

edit on 9/9/2010 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You guys no more about the COS then I do. I'm an Atheist.
Second line baby baby

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This one will always be my favorite:

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

I can't help it I'm human, but debate is is made just of that.
The notion of advice is just an advice, not an order but an opinion. Advice is not some order or force imposed on others. Advice out of I know it all then it's wrong, advice like in hey I can really help this person is in no way wrong.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

I agree with that.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

Everything should have a tolerable limit where it can strech, that is life.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

I would tend to agree on that.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

I would tend to agree on that.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

Black is white and white is black just another way of explaining it.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

I tend to disagree.

9. Do not harm little children.

Agree

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

I would say let animals be, don't eat meat at all.

that is insane.

Religions are to the extreme, just like satanism, they all have flaws.

Seems nothing is perfect, welll that is just life.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
How about 3 rules.
Don't get too greedy.
Don't rob people.
Don't kill.
Then everybody is fine ?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucyfr
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

You forgot number 2 ; ]

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Don't get too greedy.
Don't rob people.
Don't kill.
Then everybody is fine ?

So I could hurt someone as long as I don't rob or kill them?

I'm not sure what you disagree about rule 6; complaining about something that you can choose not to participate in, say complaining about how the route you take to work is always cluttered with traffic when there is a secondary route which is always clear.

Rule 11 was if I remember, hyperbolic; been a while since I read it but when explained with some context it didn't mean to literally kill the person but to end their bothering you. Humbling a person could certainly be looked at as "destroying" them psychologically.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Don't get too greedy.
Don't rob people.
Don't kill.
Then everybody is fine ?

That is twisting it, it's the problem with humanity today.
Killing means eventualy hurting, unless you cut it's head off or tase it, but in general it means hurting it.
Robing people is hurting. Your greed hurts others, you feed out of that.
Violence is regarded to power, need to hurt others is for you to have power, that is greedy?
The way I see it some people just don't see it, they have to have 10 milion rules.

edit on 9-9-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You forgot number 2 ; ]

What can I say, sometimes it's red sometimes it's blue, I omited it.
But most of the time I avoid puting people down not because it's a rule but because I chose to.
How about that for a change ?
Someone that does not need rules. ?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Don't get too greedy.
Don't rob people.
Don't kill.
Then everybody is fine ?

And that's why your three rules aren't enough, or at least not specific enough. I can do it in one.

Cause no harm.

With similar logic, taking from others, physically harming etc all falls under harming. Different people of course have different definitions and that is where more rules and clarifications come in.
LaVey's law on advice comes from people who give out unwanted advice and criticisms. Opinions are often devisive and unless someone actually wants to hear yours you shouldn't give it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Killing means eventualy hurting, unless you cut it's head off or tase it, but in general it means hurting it.
Robing people is hurting. Your greed hurts others, you feed out of that.
Violence is regarded to power, need to hurt others is for you to have power, that is greedy?

To kill isn't always painful. Sometimes death is a gift, and some pray more than others.

Life, can be cursed.
Death, cannot.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Interesting about that Judaism point. It makes sense, at one time, everyone was a spiritually free mystic type, then, after The Flood, everything changed. I wonder why? Seems like people became afraid, like a "God" emerged, started taking control, took the freedoms of the people away.

So, should the real messiah of the Jews be The Spawn of Satan? The embodiment of Pure Delight? Dionysus perhaps? Bacchus to some. It sure would be nice if people went back to the old ways. Back when we partied hard, and gave into every single lustful, wantonness urge we held. I think the world would be free then.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
It sure would be nice if people went back to the old ways. Back when we partied hard, and gave into every single lustful, wantonness urge we held. I think the world would be free then.

Hmm, that was the plan... :]

edit on 9-9-2010 by lucyfr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Don't get too greedy.
Don't rob people.
Don't kill.
Then everybody is fine ?

And that's why your three rules aren't enough, or at least not specific enough. I can do it in one.

Cause no harm.

With similar logic, taking from others, physically harming etc all falls under harming. Different people of course have different definitions and that is where more rules and clarifications come in.
LaVey's law on advice comes from people who give out unwanted advice and criticisms. Opinions are often devisive and unless someone actually wants to hear yours you shouldn't give it.

That is the problem with strict and many rules, they have the flaw of no flexibility.
Things need to be flexible I would say for that to be you need to have less rules.
If you are not flexible then what are you ? this forsaken machine ?
Tolarance level, it's where your mind and your heart steps in to tell you it's wrong.
Not obey obey obey. What are people anyway ? Who makes all these rules.

You can go wrong until you feel it. It's why we are, to feel it and to explain it.
How dumb are people ?
it's why we are in this mess. Someone makes rules and others obey.
It's like ok, ignore what you have as a gift, your head, we tell you what to do, if we tell you it's an illusion then
it's that. If we tell you to destroy others then do that. What rules ? Rules are inside of you, you make them.
It's why I think somthing is going to end it all, because we forgot how and what we are.

Objects have rules, gravity have rules but we are alive. Does killing sound bad to you, yes ? then why do you need a rule on it, because you can't do it without having a law writen ?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I would say that is living my life, on the other hand tasks have rules, strict rules.
The man from work is not the man at home, it's what I get and see in people, they mix things up, their lives become their work. Too profesional at home I would say, life is not a profesion in my view. Robots are not alive

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

That is the problem with strict and many rules, they have the flaw of no flexibility.
Things need to be flexible I would say for that to be you need to have less rules.
If you are not flexible then what are you ? this forsaken machine ?

I saw flexibility in the three rules you came up with; you called it twisting.

Tolarance level, it's where your mind and your heart steps in to tell you it's wrong.
Not obey obey obey.
Some people lack that. Some people need rules. Some don't. It's that simple.

You can go wrong until you feel it. It's why we are, to feel it and to explain it.
How dumb are people ?
it's why we are in this mess. Someone makes rules and others obey.
It's like ok, ignore what you have as a gift, your head, we tell you what to do, if we tell you it's an illusion then
it's that. If we tell you to destroy others then do that. What rules ? Rules are inside of you, you make them.

Some people need rules and either lack the self-determination to apply deep thought to how to live in balance with others without being told how to do so, or are simply unwilling to do so.

When the major religions first came in to being there was little law; the rest was added by men as extensions either as clarification because some couldn't see how the old laws applied in new society or simply through corruption.

The religions were never meant to be strict laws determining everything you do in life; they were guidelines toward being a good person.

<<   2 >>

join