It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small arms are the REAL weapons of mass destruction

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

I believe he means to say in the cae of outlawed guns where only the criminals have them by virtue of you acquiring one for protection from these criminals you yourself become one in that having one would be against the law regardless of your intent.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

Im saying more gun control = more crime...your trying to put words in my mouth. That satement is basically saying (just how far is this going to go?). More laws will just make things worse for everyone.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thanks you

You said this alot more eloquantly than I did

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormwind

Wow I totally interpreted your post wrong.

Give me a break, it's still a wee early this morning!

Sorry bro.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

No problems here

Im on the other side of things...getting tired myself, long night

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The original Militia Act...

The Militia Act of 1792, Passed May 8, 1792, providing federal standards for the organization of the Militia.

An ACT more effectually to provide for the National Defence, by establishing an Uniform Militia throughout the United States.

I. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, That each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective States, resident therein, who is or shall be of age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years (except as is herein after excepted) shall severally and respectively be enrolled in the militia, by the Captain or Commanding Officer of the company, within whose bounds such citizen shall reside, and that within twelve months after the passing of this Act. And it shall at all time hereafter be the duty of every such Captain or Commanding Officer of a company, to enroll every such citizen as aforesaid, and also those who shall, from time to time, arrive at the age of 18 years, or being at the age of 18 years, and under the age of 45 years (except as before excepted) shall come to reside within his bounds; and shall without delay notify such citizen of the said enrollment, by the proper non-commissioned Officer of the company, by whom such notice may be proved. That every citizen, so enrolled and notified, shall, within six months thereafter, provide himself with a good musket or firelock, a sufficient bayonet and belt, two spare flints, and a knapsack, a pouch, with a box therein, to contain not less than twenty four cartridges, suited to the bore of his musket or firelock, each cartridge to contain a proper quantity of powder and ball; or with a good rifle, knapsack, shot-pouch, and powder-horn, twenty balls suited to the bore of his rifle, and a quarter of a pound of powder; and shall appear so armed, accoutred and provided, when called out to exercise or into service, except, that when called out on company days to exercise only, he may appear without a knapsack.

This has since been amended but in 1792 when our founding fathers were still alive they wanted all men to be REQUIRED to own guns...Its not just a right, its a responsibility!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
My point wasn't made to support a ban on weapons or saying the weapons themselves kill (the oldest argument btw). Atomic bombs doesn't kill anyone on their own, neither do guns. End of that discussion. My point was that the real WoMD are the small arms. These weapons are used to kill more people every year than all missiles, rockets and heavy artillery together.

Mankind had no problem killing each other before the firearm.

Ppl died in droves on the sword, spear, javelin, etc etc.

The big names in banning firearms has been Lenin, Hitler,
Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc etc.

The end result is always the same too.

All the gun bans do is end up one side holding on to them and
committing genocide on the other group.

Old ploy and it has worked very well for a very long time.

The right to self defense is there for the VERY simple reason that
mad men crave power and they usually get it because the sheep
are busy living their lives and let the mad men run amok.

I wish we could live in a peaceful Utopian world, but we got radical nutjobs
and gangsta wankstas pretty much everywhere.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt

What are you going to do when you have seconds to react when someone is entering your house to do you harm? Call the police? Not me, I'm reaching for my Glock 30.

Stolen from the Army? That's a laugh!

I sacrificed caliber for quantity and got me a Glock 17 (went from .40 to 9mm). Go ahead, argue with the 18 hydrashoks comin at you...

I live in the woods (kinda) i have 2 police officers on duty pretty much at all times in my town but it still takes them a couple minutes to get to my house...I guess they have enough time to stop by the station and get the camera to take pictures of the criminal ive downed in my house in the middle of the night though...

edit on 10-9-2010 by BingeBob because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by susp3kt

I believe he means to say in the cae of outlawed guns where only the criminals have them by virtue of you acquiring one for protection from these criminals you yourself become one in that having one would be against the law regardless of your intent.

There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. ~Ayn Rand

This method has played out time and time again on most continents around the world and
yet again another person calls for more laws, more control, less freedom, and blames it
on a weapon.

Ppl have been killing each other long before the gun, and will do so even if you ban them.

The key point is dictators used gun bans to disarm the populace to then carry out genocide
on their own citizens because they felt they were out of control and about to be gunned
down for their totalitarian ways.

Just some of that list of gun banners: Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Mao, and Pol pot.

The film defiance makes it all too clear, and the extended story about the Bielski partisans
speaks volumes when the Russians stab them in the back.

They'd been better off NOT helping the Russians and staying hidden from both sides.

Lies and Betrayal are everywhere, just reading some history will show you that.

I will keep my firearms and I hope everyone else does too, history says we are going to need them.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Ex_MislTech because: grammar

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
When Australia banned 'guns', the first full year following the ban, 'gun crime' went up 43% (from a British gun magazine I came across) seems to me, criminals win again.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Don't you love the way fear created a the need to induce fear.

He who fears the most, must in turn fear the least. As fear in turn least to hate....

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

To add:

You are now six times more likely to be mugged in London than New York.

A study found American burglars fear armed home-owners more than the police. As a result burglaries are much rarer and only 13% occur when people are at home, in contrast to 53% in England.

53% of the burglaries are home invasions. That's nuts. Why wait for no one to be home? The people cant arm themselves and you might get a nice little lady to play with while your buddy grabs the TV.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

I own a Glock 17 as well, and do love the 17's magazine capacity.

If they were legal own, I would have a Glock 18C in a heartbeat. Selectable fire (single, 3 round burst, fully auto) and 30 rd. magazine to boot, what a gun!

One can legally order the 30 rd. mag for the Glock 17 though.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
trying to get ride of guns is like trying to get ride of alcohol to easy to make.
any dude with a decent work shop could easly make a gun and amo I know when i was a kid i lived in a forster home that the dude DID make his own amo and guns I watched him make bullets that looked the same as a rifle bullet from scrach with very little . .
and wile it would probably take me a year to figer it out I have no dought I could make a gun as well its not a nuclear power plant lol.
even as far as making the powder from scrach its 25% patisiom nitrate and 75 % charcoal
patisiom nitrate can be gotten from caca or old mortar and charcoal well every one should know that lol.
heck you don't need a primer just insert a crystal into the bullet end .
the bullet powder is the hard part lol

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If you want to somehow provoke our thoughts on gun control and not get totally flamed here, you may want to post some sources or documentation to show where and how more gun control= less crime.

I bet you wont find it.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

OK. How about China. They are just about a billion people. Compared to USA gun related violence is almost nonexistant. The fact is that USA is a police state, which can be seen in the fact that half of all people in all the jails of this world are in American jails. America is a frekked up country.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
guns? pffft. banning guns is not the way to go. The problem is that you can go to Walmart and buy bullets without any sort of issue. When you catalog the sale of bullets and trace back the use of a bullet to who purchased the bullet.

Then we can do something about crime.

Same thing with places like somalia. Stop selling them bullets. Ban them internationally from receiving them.
Do a weapons embargo. eventually they will run out.

Chris Rock has a great standup routine on this.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
All the gun bans do is end up one side holding on to them and
committing genocide on the other group.

OK, so are you saying that you Americans keep guns to protect yourselves from your government? Or as a means in a revolution if the president goes against the American people, like if he put a ban on guns? Jeez

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

C. All of the above.

Good luck getting some info out of China unless its what they want you to have...They are a communist country...

Besides...everyone from China knows Karate...they dont need guns...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
maybe you missed that movie in the line of fire but synthetic firearms or single use guns are easy enough to make and with 3d printers now available for relatively cheap one could even mass produce them, the only way to go is to make the penalties for using them in a real crime horrendous.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join