It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor CANCELS Quran burning, deal with IMAM to move Mosque?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Fresh off the ticker from MSNBC, and making it's rounds on twitters and other social media. The Pastor Terry Jones came out and gave a speech about canceling his Quran burning event. Apparently the IMAM asked the Pastor what it would take for him not to continue with the burning and they agreed that moving the "Ground Zero" Mosque would be sufficient. I'm rather confused as to why the Imam would agree with it after saying that moving the mosque could potentially cause more terrorism as it would show America wasn't very "open" to the Muslim Faith

THOUGHTS?

NOTE: Working on a source...atm it's just MSNBC

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Deals not done yet. Reverend Jones is gonna fly up to talk to the emans (or whatever) and talk it over.

edit on 9-9-2010 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

Darn it! I thought Obama was gonna call him and ask him not to...And he could have said I wont burn the Koran
if you show the country your birth certificate!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
NO DEAL NO DEAL!

I repeat...The Imam is reporting in Reuters news that there is NO DEAL to move the Mosque...

WTF?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The Pastor canceled. How fitting. He got in over his head? Perhaps, but he also accomplished what he wanted to and gained the attention he wished to gain while making the point he wished to make. I wonder if this will blow over for him or if the consequences of his actions will have longer lasting affect? Did he start a momentum of sorts? Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I want to throw up.
Get used to this, allowing terrorist to dictate how and when we exercise freedom will be the undoing of this nation.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
no second word from pastor since hearing the NO DEAL remark from Rauf...

To be continued I suppose...

More interesting is now Donald Trump is offering to buy out the biggest investor for +25% now

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlasherOfVeils
no second word from pastor since hearing the NO DEAL remark from Rauf...

To be continued I suppose...

More interesting is now Donald Trump is offering to buy out the biggest investor for +25% now

Got a source? Last I heard Trump was only a "name" mentioned as someone who could possibly AFFORD to buy out the development site, as well as being someone who opposed the Mosque....I haven't heard of ACTUAL PLANS for him to buy the site?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

This is from the current version of the CNN breaking story on the Florida pastor:

Real estate mogul Donald Trump has offered to buy the lower Manhattan site where the Muslim group plans to build an Islamic community center for 25 percent more than the current owners paid for it.

Trump made the offer Thursday in a letter to Hisham Elzanaty, an investor in the Islamic center site.

"I am making this offer as a resident of New York and citizen of the United States, not because I think the location is a spectacular one (because it is not), but because it will end a very serious, inflammatory, and highly divisive situation that is destined, in my opinion, to only get worse," he wrote.

Breaking News - may change

Donald Trump's a publicity whore who can't keep his hands and mouth out of a NY controversy, in my humble opinion. And I doubt they could get a comparable parcel of land in Lower Manhattan to replace their current one, even if Trump gave them 25% more than what they paid.

As for this pastor, I suspect that the decision to back down had more to do with the military warnings about his action and the President speaking about it today (which imo he shouldn't have done), and the meeting with Imam Feisal Rauf is a face-saver for him.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

The damage is done. More Islamic radicals have been created. And more American military will die as a result as will more Muslims. Dogma and ideology on both sides are covered in blood.

God must be so ashamed of his creation!

new topics

top topics

join