It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Obama simply cautioned him to think about what he was doing. That is not taking away the man's rights, it is telling him that if he plans to do it, he better be ready to deal with the consequences. But after reading the PRWatch article, I am convinced this fake preacher had no intention of burning the Koran. He just wanted to raise a stink and make some money.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Why are we only discussing America? Obama wasn't worried about the muslims here, but rather those abroad....seems if he is out to appease the ones there, maybe he could try also appeasing Americans here.

Should you ever decide to learn anything about how the American Government is set up, the Cheif Executive's job is to conduct FOREIGN POLICY, because we are dependent on TARRIFS and TRADE with other NATIONS and MAINTAINING SAFE RIGHT OF PASSAGE not doing stupid things that offend 1/3 of the world becomes a little more pressing than appeasing bigots and religious xenophobes.

We are talking about America because the Muslims that live overseas DO NOT LIVE HERE, and the Muslims that do live here, pay taxes, serve in the military, law enforcement, and are vastly civic minded law abiding citizens.

The President ASKED and did not tell a MONEY GRUBBING PREACHER who sells anti-Islam merchandize that he makes in his own church along with furniture to consider HIS MARKETING PLOYS better.

Wake up already.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Could you please provide me with a source stating American Muslims have burned the Bible? Obama has no say over what foreigners do. If Americans planned to burn the Bible, I would expect him to do what he did here: tell the child to stop acting like an idiot.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
....and you all thought that everything is straight forward enough.See how easy it its to do away with unwanted attention.

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- The anti-Muslim leader of a tiny Florida church backed off his threat to burn the Quran, defusing an international firestorm Thursday after he said he was promised that a planned Islamic center and mosque would be moved away from New York's ground zero. The imam planning the center, however, quickly denied such a deal.

hosted.ap.org...

The obscure Christian pastor who plans to mark the ninth anniversary of September 11 attacks by burning copies of the Koran has had his website pulled from the Internet, the hosting company said on Thursday.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

That last line cracked me up.

I am sure we have not seen the last of this bozoz. Jones/Palin 2012?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
One Christian, effectively silenced.

I am just SO thrilled.

Who's next?
Cartoon network, Danish Cartoonist, Salmon Rushdie, Cartman...

It is hard to say no to the FBI.

www.google.com...

The FBI spent about a half hour talking with Jones, but church spokesman Wayne Sapp would not disclose what they discussed. Agents leaving the church wouldn't talk to an Associated Press reporter.

Looks like they told them not to talk about their discussion with the FBI either.

Good quiet sheep, flag burning is still ok though, burn some flags...

link   

Why would Obama go on TV and ask foreigners not to burn the Bible?

link   
It wouldn't make sense to even think Muslims would burn Bibles. The Bible came FIRST, and Muslims include the same stories ect in their own religion.

Sorta like Christians include the old testament.

So to say "Obama should be asking Muslims not to burn Bibles" makes about as much sense as if he were to say "Christians shouldn't burn the Old Testament"

That doesn't make any sense.

Now, burning our flag really hurts a lot of our VETS who have given life and friend, and citizens that have given son, husband, wife, daughter to these wars. That would be a better analogy.

They aren't going to quit burning the flag though, lol, you can forget that.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

No, he is worried about Americans abroad.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ah, but Obama wasn't worried about the local muslims now was he............he asked a man to give up his rights so as not to upset a bunch of foreigers. How down right diplomatic of him....so he has no control of them and yet has to appease them, and I am aware of how our government works thank you very much, but the (in my opinion false) concern shown for our troops safety as well as his inability to stand up for America speaks volumes......when he can't stop others who are coming forth and crazy enough to do this, then what.........it'll be interesting to see how he handles that. Does he dare stop them? He's treading a very thin board here, and I think it's only going to get worse. I think the whole Koran burning thing is a dumb idea, however, he had the right to do it, and by having the president stoop to the level he did, he showeed the world just how weak he truely is. Just my opinion, sorta like yours, I'm just not as insulting in my responses.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
the (in my opinion false) concern shown for our troops safety as well as his inability to stand up for America speaks volumes

You're maybe forgetting about the other nations who have troops in Afghanistan?

Thanks, each and every politician and talking head who spoke out against this lunacy and for making the deployment of (in my case) Canadian troops safer there as well.

Thanks to the pope too.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thanks to the pope too.

You're welcome!

Ooops I mean, yeah thanks Rome!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

It doesn't take much to get people walking on eggshells when it comes to discussing Islam. Look what this Pastor did. His little 50 member church created world wide uproar because he was going to burn Korans. People all up in arms about burning some paper. He had politicians, religious figures, generals all condemning him and the Muslims all ready to get violent over there in Pakistan and the rest of the region. All over a little tiny church in the America burning some books. Its all absurd.

I don't believe he ever intended to burn them, he got what he wanted probably even more than he could imagine. His little chruch is going to fill up with crazies that agree with him. They will flock to his church from all over the country, All this attention gave him media access he would have never had, he can spread his message world wide now. All over the threat to burn some books.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Saw a similar picture today in the Chicago Tribune from Afganistan. This is from Pakistan but is from today. This is what happens when you even think about burning a Koran, guess I just don't understand.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What don't you understand? The koran is not just a book to the muslims. Burning it, is like crucifiying christ all over again. That is how offensive it is to them. They life their lives by the koran, entire countries live their lives based on it. So when you publicly admitt that you're going to burn it, you're offending entire countries worth of people.... Just the threat of it is enough for people to take offense. Religion is not to be toyed with, it rules this world, whether we like it or not.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm sure they will still find something to riot/burn cars/smash windows about.

That's what they do best.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JMech

It's OK for them to do these things. Not for americans to do those things.

Why? Because there is a large contingent of people in the US who think the best possible course of action in the case of any ill feelings is to bow, apologize, and curl up. The right to free speech has become the right to silence anyone who offends you.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Thanks for the reply. What I don't understand is the fact that nothing happened yet, nor as it appears will it.

link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
What don't you understand? The koran is not just a book to the muslims. Burning it, is like crucifiying christ all over again. That is how offensive it is to them.

So what?
You know what I find offensive? Burning MY flag ! Am I calling for the death of anyone let alone an entire country? Of course not !

They life their lives by the koran, entire countries live their lives based on it. So when you publicly admitt that you're going to burn it, you're offending entire countries worth of people....

Too bad ! Don't burn MY flag and I won't burn your quran. Fair enough?

Just the threat of it is enough for people to take offense. Religion is not to be toyed with, it rules this world, whether we like it or not.

You know what rules MY world? FREEDOM ! and no religion will take it from me.

Again, it's time to pick a side.
1. FREEDOM
2. The terrorists

Which do you pick?

link   
I like this response better.

4409 -- Pastor burns Koran WE burn 9/11 Report

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join