It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by illumin8ed

Excellent point. It does seem a bit manufactured. What's next? Maybe we will see these two together in a press conference shaking hands and being pals. I nice kumbaya moment.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

Dude, if someone tricked that Pastor into backing out, feigning there would be a deal when it was never actually the case, then they are forcing that Pastor to burn the Quar'ans. If he doesn't, then he'll look like a total fool (or even more so than he already does).

edit on 9-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I agree with you.

Someone is lying here, or there is at the very least a communication error. CNN is saying now that maybe the Imam only agreed to talk about moving the location. Then there is the Trump offering to buy the land. It seems almost Hollywood comedic like.

Then again, I am not sure I believe any of the parties involved.

Raist

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What a noob.

Have some damn substance, you already got a retardo mustache...

Already got some stupid signs, why not stay committed, you already got your attention whorism going.

Ruhroh now you appear weak in the face of "Satan" or was it "Stan"?

link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

hmmmm
why do I feel like the puppet masters
are pulling the strings again to suit an
agenda??? more twists and turns than
a daytime soap opera. But with
higher repercussions

link   
I bet we see flags burning on TV anyway and I would hope he has a real big fire on TV to prove his point afterwards. No more backing down I might even have a fire myself.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

This loosely reminds me of the movie "Wag the Dog". The Powers That Be have interceded, this time to diffuse the situation by creating contradicting stories. This could have been CIA or even NSA who railroaded/tricked this Pastor.

No better way to stop a dog fight than to have a cat run in between them...

edit on 9-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElijahWan
Apparently this Terry Jones character is just lying even more?

or maybe he was LIED to
with that info and he just passed it along
in the interview not knowing it was
part of the propaganda plot.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This stinks...a lot.

Feds met with him earlier today....

Possible "deals"

Adding in Donald Trump....

Now the developer of the mosque is saying it is not being moved...

Anyone know what else is going on in the world? This smells of distraction or set up.

edit on 9/9/2010 by iamsupermanv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Its their right to burn our flags and stuff because they are American Muslims. If we do it we are racist bigots causing the deaths of innocents.

Im dizzy thinking about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just after he was talked about by Jon Stewart. Maybe it was the negative attention he gets from his fellow christians that made him cancel it?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Yeah that works until the cat is shredded, then the dogs are even more amped up with a fresh taste of blood.

If this is nothing more than a setup by TPTB, it is a setup for something larger to come. This could lead to more blood than anyone thought, or by some off chance it all could just disappear never to be heard of again (less doubtful).

Raist

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hmmm, maybe we will see G W Bush come out with his bullhorn at ground zero again and give Americans a pep talk

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Local florida Imam on CNN right now.

He says nothing agreed upon from New York Imam to move the Mosque, just agreement to meet.

Edit...Im pretty sure he just said they dont even have an agreement to meet on Saturday

edit on 9/9/2010 by iamsupermanv2 because: add more

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Our company had to deal with the prayr room problem over a year ago. They wanted a special room so as you may expect other groups wanted a room. In the end they got lawyers to sue and the company sent them back to their own country. No special treatment only respect but they didn't like it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Well, then if there is no "deal" yet, this Pastor has NOTHING to negotiate with. He's going to this meeting with his hat in his hand.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Freedom of speech imo crosses a line when it directly incites violence. I would go as far as to say burning the Koran does JUST that.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Yeah right it's cancelled. All he's gonna do is take a back seat and publicly remove himself. People he got riled up are still gonna burn theirs this guy isn't their God!

All he did was sow the seeds in their heads, now they have germinated and are growing all on their own. He has now taken himself and his family off the hitlist, whilst he gets to see his wish come to fruition anyway. Without facing any of the consequences.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
CNN, Florida Imam is saying they do not even have a deal or time yet for a meeting with the New York Imam.

Why does it seem like no one really has their story right here?

Raist

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Because they dont.

This Pastor stepped down.

He got a meeting, and that was that. He can quit while saying he was the better man.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join