It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Turns out another deadline has been set by the 'Pastor'. If he doesn't get a positive response from the Imam responsible for the new mosque it looks like the buring is back on.

Watching the coverage of this I can't help feeling this is purely been used to stir up hatred between christians and muslims. Its working too.

People are been prepared for another terrible event which will be blamed on religious extremists.

edit on 10-9-2010 by JohnySeagull because: cant spell

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Why burn one religious book and cause a problem when we can burn every religious book and solve one
sl

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hey, my BURN YOUR OLD MAP DAY is on. My yard, we are going to throw in some religious nuts too.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Maybe someone should gather up a few bibles - - - set up next door to this guy - - - and burn bibles in unison.

Two wrongs - - who cares.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Digital_Reality

No, he realized that what he was doing was totally moronic. Having the right to do something does not make it right.

You're absolutely correct. Having the right to do something does not make it right. Kind of like building a new mosque in the shadow of the Twin Towers.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

And of course, in the interest of being unbiased, you are going to submit a post with the Bible verses with instructions to kill non-believers, right?

My Bible says things that we would no longer adhere to, but you feel the need to attack Muslims for similar excerpts from their holy book. Awesome.

See, there's the difference, right there! "We no longer adhere to"... but not everyone can say that. As long as they DO adhere to fundamentalistic barbarism, they're fair game.

Unfortunately, because of an apparent fear to speak out against the barbarism, some folks will tar ALL the muslims with the same brush. My suggestion to those timid muslims would be to begin being as bold as their more forceful brethren.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369

No, he realized that what he was doing was totally moronic. Having the right to do something does not make it right.

You're absolutely correct. Having the right to do something does not make it right. Kind of like building a new mosque in the shadow of the Twin Towers.
You make it sound like Osama Bin Laden is going to be building the mosque himself. Get over yourself. Every Muslim isn't a terrorist.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisT
Get over yourself. Every Muslim isn't a terrorist.

Who is saying they ARE?

Honestly, if people thought every muslim WAS a terrorist, or if every muslim WAS a terrorist, there would have been fighting in the streets and in every city- openly - for years now.

Why does everyone keep saying that? Why does the president keep saying that?

"Every Muslim is not a terrorist" "We are not at war with Islam"

No joke. Who is saying we are but they people saying we aren't?
People are just sick and tired of the people that ARE radical Islamic and they are angry about being bullied and they do NOT want them coddled by our leaders.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by FlyersFan

That my friend doesn't matter how much you explain what is happening right now with the issue of the pastors rights to burn people still doesn't get it.

Wake up America we just lost another right, because we most bend to private and special foreign interest, America is losing its balls one at a time.

His 'right' to burn books hasnt been violated. Not at all. No one has threatened any legal action, except that it has been reported his local fire dept has mentioned he doesnt have a burn permit.

Where you get that from is beyond reason, to be sure, and certainly smacks of dis/misinfo as far as i can tell.

edit on 10-9-2010 by justadood because: to fix bold text in quoted piece

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BluesBassist
The pastor should have followed through and burned the damn books, now all of islam has been shown once again, that if they threaten the west with violence against their backwards and hate filled religion, the west will just bend over like little bitches....

False false false false

this little meme you are attempting to perpetuate fascinates me. His idiotic actions have been condemned by numerous people, from itrafaith organizations to the effing General Petraius. This IS NOT about 'muslim terrorsts' AT ALL. And there is NO EVIDENCE that he EVER decided to stop the burning because of threats from ANYONE.

the anti-muslim hate here is pitiful and noteworthy.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

His 'right' to burn books hasnt been violated. Not at all. No one has threatened any legal action, except that it has been reported his local fire dept has mentioned he doesnt have a burn perm

I'm not so sure it hasn't. Once the president says he doesn't want something to happen, there's a lot of pressure on to make sure it doesn't.
He's had generals, the president, the fbi and everyone else on his case.

Now I don't know about you, but I'd be scared if that happened to me.
If they'd left it with social pressure, anhhhhhh, I could give you that point.............. but the fact that TOP LEVEL US miitary and politicians jumped in, with the fbi.... I'm going to deny that he has really been left in any sort of peace by our govt. to decide personally to express himself or not.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

Who is saying they ARE?
Then what is the problem with building a mosque?....

Honestly, if people thought every muslim WAS a terrorist, or if every muslim WAS a terrorist, there would have been fighting in the streets and in every city- openly - for years now.

Why does everyone keep saying that? Why does the president keep saying that?
Then what's the problem with building a mosque?......

People are just sick and tired of the people that ARE radical Islamic and they are angry about being bullied and they do NOT want them coddled by our leaders.
Well, you see, if people are against the radical terrorist Islamic group(which they should), then why are they against an Islamic group that isn't? Is it because you think that every Islam is a radical terrorist? What other answer could you give me? So a none radical Islamic group wants a mosque to worship in, yet they shouldn't, because people don't like the radical group?

But I guess it's alright to be a radical Christian with a hateful agenda?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Once again you got it, but sadly once again many people doesn't seem to grasp the hidden meaning behind the whole issue of "Koran burning" and the rights in this nation to free speech even if is coming from a lowly, nobody pastor in Florida and his moronic idea of protest.

The message is very clear, even our government most bend to political and foreign influences due to the private and special interest of our nation with Islamic countries specially Iraq and Afghanistan, let remind people that countries like Saudi Arabia has been buying our debt lately too.

America the great (but only when our nation's special interest is not compromised).

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Islam is not a peaceful religion no matter what people tells, the same way that Christianity was never a peaceful religion during its decades of conquering, but some religions evolved Islam has not, the only reason they are peaceful in the US is because security reason and retaliation in a nation that have the right to bear arms, and we are mostly arm to the teeth.

Let them run rampant and you see how peaceful they really are.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I really wish we can just gather up all the religious folks and drop them off on some island together away from the rational and peaceful non fairy tale believing folks on the planet everywhere.

Then when EVERYONE OF THEM KILL each other off, the entire world would have PEACE for once.

AH, just imagine, the world without the religious!!

Just some wishful thinking out loud...

edit on 10-9-2010 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Paster cancells Quran burning

-- Rev. Terry Jones of World Outreach Center in Florida says he is canceling Quran burning event on Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-9-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

What's a Paster? Someone who copies and pastes stuff all day?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

What you describe is "enlightenment" and that is not profitable and exploitable so don't count on that happening any time soon.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

What are you babbling about? Who is they? Are you referring to the 1.5 billion Muslims in the world? Are you lumping all the Muslims together and calling them un-peaceful? Why don't you think before you speak your ignorant mind.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
America always needs someone to demonize. There's always that boogeyman that the US government wants you to be afraid of so you go out there and CONSUME. That's all you are. Dumb, ignorant, manipulated consumers.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You make it sound as if God need paper and ink for His Word to live on and continue. You are wrong; here is my response to another who talked about the same sort of thing.

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by patent98310

So you want to burn the bible on Christmas? Go for it.

I as a Christian can tell you the Word of God lives on without the paper the ink is placed on. If you would like I will even toss a bible on the fire for you. The only bible I would have an issue with is one that I have a sentimental tie to, other than that burn away.

You flames might destroy a book but you can never destroy the Word of God, His Word is more powerful than you or some fire ever will be. Before you toss stones you might want to worry about the one tied to your neck first. I for one do not care if you want to burn the a bible or a truck load of them. God’s Word is more than ink and paper.

Besides the bible is the most printed book in history, I can buy another.

Raist

edit on 9/10/10 by Raist because: missed a word somehow

You can burn bibles if you like Gods Word goes forth without the paper and ink. It lives on in our hearts and in the world around us.

Here is a match.

Raist

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join